• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danish inventor now claims accident on board sub killed missing reporter (body found)

Forsete

If its her, she was dismembered.. but why?

Maybe he was too weak to lift her out of the sub in one piece?

Very very disturbing.

This is crazy, that poor woman, the whole thing is tragic. I hope what happened all comes to light.
This guy sounds very suspect. You don't just do what he did because of an accident.

ZOONAMI

This is really a strange story and the implication actually kind of is on display. He usually runs the sub with a crew, and called off his crew to go alone with the reporter on some sort of trip. Lots of red flags everywhere. My guess is he thought there was some sort of chemistry going on, reporter told him off, and things got violent. Terrible situation all around.

Drencrom

changed to " parts of body" found now. Apparently its been in the water for a long time and hard to identify.

What the fuck, he dismembered her?

This is really a strange story and the implication actually kind of is on display. He usually runs the sub with a crew, and called off his crew to go alone with the reporter on some sort of trip. Lots of red flags everywhere. My guess is he thought there was some sort of chemistry going on, reporter told him off, and things got violent. Terrible situation all around.

That basically confirms the guy was up to some fuckery from the start

They dont know if its her yet.

You mean they just found a torso of some unrelated woman in the same waters as they were searching for her? Didn't knew Denmark was this grim.

HolySheep

Neo Member
How many dismembered torsos do you think there are lying down in the bottom of the Baltic Sea?

Not many. Chances are its her, since the body was found in the areas where he said he dumped her.

One of Norways leading coroners tells Vg.no that its not likely that a body would lose its head, arms and legs to natural causes after only 11 days. Thus indicating that if the body found is Kim wall, she was probably dismembered.

Quote from Inge Morild(the coroner): " i do not think this is caused by animals. I rather believe its due to dismemberment".

Note: I am quoting Norwegian papers. Inge Morild has not seen the body himself. This is just educated guesswork.

Savitar

A quick examination will tell if the body was cut up, it's not that hard to know with someone trained or those that know what to look for.

Is there actually anyone that doubts the guy cut her up to hide the crime?

cameron

English source. Reuters: Body found as Danish submarine man says missing woman died on board
COPENHAGEN (Reuters) - A headless female torso was found on Monday in the water's edge in Copenhagen, hours after a Danish inventor charged with killing a journalist in his home-made submarine told a court she died on board, police said.

Peter Madsen told the court that Swedish journalist Kim Wall had died in an accident and he had buried her at sea, changing his earlier statement the he dropped her off alive in Copenhagen.

Police later told a press conference that it was still too early to identify the body - missing its head, legs and arms - that was found by a passing cyclist.

"It is clear that the police, like the media and everybody else, is speculating whether this female body is Kim Wall, but it is way too soon to tell," Copenhagen police spokesman Jens Moller said.

The case is being followed particularly closely by Danish and Swedish media but has drawn interest from around the world.

The body had been sent for forensic analysis while divers continued to search the area where it was found, Moller said.

Madsen has been charged with the manslaughter of Wall who has been missing since he took her out to sea in his 17-meter (56-foot) submarine on Aug. 10. He denies the charge.

He was rescued a day later after his UC3 Nautilus sank. Police found nobody else in the wreck.

Danish and Swedish maritime authorities are using divers, sonar and helicopters in the continued search for the body in Koge Bay, south of the city, and in the Oresund Strait between the two countries.

Madsen, an entrepreneur, artist, submarine builder and aerospace engineer, went before a judge on Saturday for preliminary questioning. The case is not open to the public to protect further investigation, police said.

Violet_0

Banned
There are no predators in the baltic sea.
seals, orcas, dolphins could rip the body apart
this is an extremely strange story. If this was indeed a crime and they hadn't found what is presumably parts of her body, it would be nearly impossible to prove it

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
holy cow, I remember seeing this submarine in April in Copenhagen in the water when we were on the water bus and thinking how cool it was to see it out there.

wild

MogCakes

this is an extremely strange story. If this was indeed a crime and they hadn't found what is presumably parts of her body, it would be nearly impossible to prove it
I don't recall ever seeing reports of seals or dolphins or orcas dismembering human bodies or consuming them for food, wild or captive. Orcas in captivity have shown mental disease and killing intent, but none of the injured or killed trainers were dismembered. Definitely not in the way this torso was found.

Such a strange story. If it was an accident, why would he bury her at sea, along with his whole submarine. Like that doesn't make you look guilty.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
1XBVpjq.jpg

From the SomethingAwful forums.

Welp you win the Internet today

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Very dark but "Always sunny in Philadelphia" has a very well known joke that basically runs on this premise

strafer

This has been really horrible and bizarre to follow.

You just know that someone is going to make a movie about this.

MicH

Damn, this case took a grim turn if the found body really is Kim and he actually dismembered her. This entire story is crazy.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
My god I've been thinking about that for days now. Couldn't get myself to utter it out loud, but yes my mind went there Instantly.

Poor girl.

Very first thing I thought of unfortunately.

Poor girl, being trapped in a fucking submarine with a psycho is total nightmare fuel.

angelic

Banned
Very first thing I thought of unfortunately.

Poor girl, being trapped in a fucking submarine with a psycho is total nightmare fuel.

I dont know, the story sounds plausible. She had an accident, he freaked out and dumped her body. I mean what did he have to gain from killing her, he'd obviously be the prime suspect.

I dont know, the story sounds plausible. She had an accident, he freaked out and dumped her body. I mean what did he have to gain from killing her, he'd obviously be the prime suspect.
If she had an accident you just tell the police the sea was rough and she hit her head against whatever. The police forensic department verify evidence in the scene and her body supports the story, you are free. If you cut her arms and head and sink the sub, you are guilty as fxxk.

I knew Kim. Lost touch with her a few years ago, but we worked together at one point.

This whole story is devastating and I feel so terrible for her family and boyfriend.

Maybe it was some kind of accident. But if it turns out that this inventor guy killed her and sunk the sub to hide the evidence, I hope he gets thrown in prison for the rest of his life.

John_B

It will take a day or two to identify the recovered torso. The inside of that submarine was literally a kill room, minus the plastics, from the tv show Dexter, so surely he had to sink the crime scene.

He will absolutely be convicted of murder. His actions following the "accident" can't be accepted as anything else than a coverup for murder.

angelic

Banned
If she had an accident you just tell the police the sea was rough and she hit her head against whatever. The police forensic department verify evidence in the scene and her body supports the story, you are free. If you cut her arms and head and sink the sub, you are guilty as fxxk.

Yeah but what if they dont believe you, he definitely fucked up and paniced, Im still not seeing much motivation to murder someone the world knows is in a submarine with you.

Investigators would be able to tell the difference between an animal ripping the part off vs. it being cut off by tools.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Yeah but what if they dont believe you, he definitely fucked up and paniced, Im still not seeing much motivation to murder someone the world knows is in a submarine with you.

Unless he thought no-one knew she was with him, or thought he could get away with the "I dropped her off" defence. Not everyone is intelligent, and not everyone who is is intelligent is necessarily smart.

Top Bottom