• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Ahasverus

Nor is Gal Gadot.

Somewhere, some place there is the perfect WW.
She has the most beautiful face in modern cinema so....

Adrianne is a 7.5 and Gal is like a 12. And besides that, there's a certain regality that the former lacks, at least as evidenced by the on screen portrayal of Diana.

Hell, Lynda Carter was also fit for the role, you don't need to be a super model to be Wonder Woman, but can't look pedestrian/girl next door either.

I actually think it was an inspired choice to cast a Middle Eastern actress with an accent to portray an amazon warrior that lives on a concealed magical island whose origins drink directly from european mythology over your regular american girl next door hollywood tends to go for.

And I have to say, It's funny how her phisque will forever be a problem apparently when I don't recall the same to be applied to these two chumps:

dark.jpg

-brandon-routh--superman--brandon-routh-285021_500_350.jpg

Loxley

And I have to say, It's funny how her phisque will forever be a problem apparently when I don't recall the same to be applied to these two chumps:

-brandon-routh--superman--brandon-routh-285021_500_350.jpg

As someone who frequented the now long-gone bluetights.net forums (the biggest Superman fansite aside from the Superman Homepage) during Superman Returns' production, people were absolutely criticizing Routh's physique. The most common complaints were that he was too slim and looked like he had a swimmer's body. Folks wanted an Ed McGuinness drawing in human form, I guess. And that was on top of the seemingly endless complaints about the costume. "The \S/ is too small! Why is it raised? Why is the collar closed? Why is the cape leather? Why is there an \S/ on his belt? His boots are too short! The red on the costume is too dark! Why is his hair brown and not black? The red underwear looks too much like a speedo!"

Man, if you'd gone back in time and showed those folks the Man of Steel costume they would have had a goddamn aneurysm.

But I do agree with your point that Gal has received a ludicrously unfair amount of criticizing and shaming of her physique compared to the male actors playing these characters.

Ashhong

My girlfriend of 4 years just broke up with me for good today. We've been on and off a few times and it's pretty much all my fault but I still feel hopeless and sad. I probably spend the most time in this thread so just wanted to share. :'(

Ahasverus

My girlfriend of 4 years just broke up with me for good today. We've been on and off a few times and it's pretty much all my fault but I still feel hopeless and sad. I probably spend the most time in this thread so just wanted to share. :'(
Nooo Ashhong :( I'm so sorry. Remember there's always alcohol, food and Comic book movies to cheer you up. It works for me.

Now hit the gym and do the Cavill routine. You'll get your own Wonder Woman in a heartbeat.

Avoiding the leak like the plague but hate seeing negative reactions. Hopefully it's just.like the bullshit before Wonder Woman and turns out to be great. JL is me and my wife's next big date night. Don't wanna start out on a shitty note lol.

Sorry. :-( Watch TV show bloopers on YouTube. That helps me when I'm bummed
:)

My sympathies :[ Cherish the good times, and learn from the bad. All you can do.

Firemind

Sorry to hear that. Chin up mate. You're still young.

Nooo Ashhong :( I'm so sorry. Remember there's always alcohol, food and Comic book movies to cheer you up. It works for me.
Don't go overboard with alcohol. Getting wasted once or twice is fine but don't make it a habit. Speaking from experience.

dark.jpg

I have no problem with Gal but I will say nobody said anything about Bale because he was huge in Begins,
People talked about his TDK build all the time however.
TDK build even hurt the suit design, looked far better with a bigger build in TDKR.

People shat on Keaton as well.

Ashhong

She came and just got her stuff and it's probably the last time I'll see her. Now is when the real pain starts. It shouldn't be a normal thing to lose someone you've been with for 5 years of your life. Your other half. Also I'm very high so I might be speaking gibberish.

Any new updates on the whole fake or real leaks?

And thanks for the support guys <3 I'll probably hop on discord soon if I remember

IconGrist

She came and just got her stuff and it's probably the last time I'll see her. Now is when the real pain starts. It shouldn't be a normal thing to lose someone you've been with for 5 years of your life. Your other half. Also I'm very high so I might be speaking gibberish.

Any new updates on the whole fake or real leaks?

And thanks for the support guys <3 I'll probably hop on discord soon if I remember

All fake.

IconGrist

Has is been confirmed it's really fake?

Like 3 times over. One thing I will say about the DCEU Leaks crew is that they will obsess over proving something real or fake. Then SHH got in on it too. Then there was the fact he was promoting himself on Twitter (usually the biggest red flag of all). If he had anything worthwhile WB would have gone after his account like they did with several other people who actually did see the screening. They never touched him. People who actually went just said they liked the movie and WB shut their shit down, lol.

Penguin

Like 3 times over. One thing I will say about the DCEU Leaks crew is that they will obsess over proving something real or fake. Then SHH got in on it too. Then there was the fact he was promoting himself on Twitter (usually the biggest red flag of all). If he had anything worthwhile WB would have gone after his account like they did with several other people who actually did see the screening. They never touched him. People who actually went just said they liked the movie and WB shut their shit down, lol.

Hmm I would be cautious of that because watch dogs may not want something to be true and just poke holes as much as possible until they can claim victory. We shall see.

Oh IDEA!

We should set up some time to check out
Justice League War and New Frontier

both "origins" and both available for free on CW Seed

http://www.cwseed.com/shows/justice-league-war/
http://www.cwseed.com/shows/justice-league-new-frontier/

Hmm I would be cautious of that because watch dogs may not want something to be true and just poke holes as much as possible until they can claim victory. We shall see.

Oh IDEA!

We should set up some time to check out
Justice League War and New Frontier

both "origins" and both available for free on CW Seed

http://www.cwseed.com/shows/justice-league-war/
http://www.cwseed.com/shows/justice-league-new-frontier/

I know that "not like the books!" viewers are the most annoying viewers ever but New Frontier does an active disservice to the really, REALLY great comics and I'd dissuade anyone from watching it.

Top Bottom