• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony teasing The Order sneak peak at 1pm PT today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the people saying this game is grey, have you ever been to England? I live here, it's grey all the time. We get sun for a few weeks every year haha

Over the course of a year, this is what our skies look like 60-75% of the time:
DSC00094.JPG

That's now, with the clean air act and smokeless fuels. Imagine it in the industrial revolution, smog, fog, soot, and all that shite. It's supposed to be fucking grey.

i7lI2HiFr6fNQ.jpg

ibg61DrjSfH8Ga.png

Looks like they don't have the full uniform yet, and the lighting is completely different. Looks better imo.

Edit: Also it might look blurry because lolstreamcapture... but it's the only footage we have.
Edit2: Viveks, we got this ;)

While I do think you're right that this is not representative of the final game, I really dislike this approach to dismiss any criticism as being invalid because "you can't form an opinion on such little footage". That's bullshit (no offense), they WANT you to form an opinion on what you're watching, it's just that they hope you form a positive opinion, even better if that opinion involves "I'm gonna pre-order this shit right now". If they didn't want you to think anything about the game from this footage, they wouldn't release it.

Sure, the final game may be completely different than what those short videos are leading us to believe, but that's on them, not us. There's nothing wrong with analyzing and criticizing a short video.

Would you be saying "come on guys, we didn't see anything" if everyone was super hyped about it and praising it to no end? Probably not, and you shouldn't, because there's nothing wrong with having an opinion on the footage they showed.

Of course, posts like "the game is gonna be garbage", "sony is doomed" and etc are ridiculous, but people have been saying this for every kind of criticism since the previous video.
It's an exclusive, and we all know that exclusives are held to a higher standard here, especially as fodder for console wars. For all the shit that Watch Dogs has been getting, I don't recall hearing, "Just another generic GTA clone" that often in here; everyone can play it on their platform of choice. It's the nature of the beast; for every legitimate critique, you'll have one based in console envy. Doesn't bother me, I happen to like what I've seen so far. It's a game about shooting things; just like people are creaming their pants over a basic old school corridor shooter like Wolfenstein, I'm sure many will be on board with The Order, especially once more is learned about it.

Proponent

Banned
What's with the train of thought that every game needs to filled with colours? It's like a game's artstyle isn't good until it has an ocean of blue water.

Idk, but more boggling is why devs even listen instead of just making 'thier game'. Heck, Gears 2 and 3 were made by Haters critisms-ruined by Haters, and Epic for some unknown reason, obliging them instead of just making the game they wanted to make.

SgtCobra

You would tell them to piss off as they slowly build their team over the years? Whaaaat?

I agree gameplay isn't looking the most exciting, but can we at least wait until E3, a few weeks away to judge? RAD wanted to make this game, I don't even see what Sony has to do with this, other than publishing the game. How does this make Sony desperate anyways?

I genuinely can't tell if this part is serious or good sarcasm.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=110687923#post110687923

I'm sorry, I just had to.
Let's hope that the new gameplay material/previews put our concerns to rest regarding gameplay.
I'm 50/50 on this one, the graphics look good but I need to see more though it's to early to say things like "GoW rip-off, too much cutscenes, where mah gameplay@?! Etc etc"

Gbraga

It's an exclusive, and we all know that exclusives are held to a higher standard here, especially as fodder for console wars. For all the shit that Watch Dogs has been getting, I don't recall hearing, "Just another generic GTA clone" that often in here; everyone can play it on their platform of choice. It's the nature of the beast; for every legitimate critique, you'll have one based in console envy. Doesn't bother me, I happen to like what I've seen so far. It's a game about shooting things; just like people are creaming their pants over a basic old school corridor shooter like Wolfenstein, I'm sure many will be on board with The Order, especially once more is learned about it.

Then they should criticize those "console envy" posts, not saying you can't form an opinion when you can.

I'm sure I'll be on board if they show some of the stuff they talked about that made me excited for it in the first place.

New

iHSDZQpZqx9oY.png

Old

the-order-1886-012814-3.jpg

EDIT: Beaten. We chose the same screens, Wishmaster! :D

I hope there a multiple costumes, the old ones are a lot better imo

viveks86

Is it possible that there is different equipment in the game?

Nah. Check the comparison above. Seems like they decided to replace the regal outfit with something more cold and efficient. Wonder if this means we never get to see the old outfit or if they change outfits for different scenes.

sugarman

Seriously, the lazy "generic" comments without any explanation and venomous defending has been fucking hilarious to read. Hope the game turns out good though.
The problem is the aiming looked to be stuck on an x/y axis, which is where the "stiff" comments come from

Honestly the game doesn't look too bad. I don't get why everyone is asking for new game mechanics. Does this type of game even look like it can work other than being a third person shooter?

Plus, people are blowing it off like they've seen it before just because of the gameplay. What about the story? We don't know much about the story. Just like someone above said, TLoU had generic gameplay too, but the story blew everyone away. We should reserve judgement when we can actually see more story elements.

Loudninja

Nah. Check the comparison above. Seems like they decided to replace the regal outfit with something more cold and efficient. Wonder if this means we never get to see the old outfit or if they change outfits for different scenes.
Nah we cant say that for sure they could get it later or they could have change clothes between chapters.

Nimby

Banned
Next page.

Huh? I'm not understanding this for some reason. Why'd you delete your post?

Anyway, I'm not looking for an open-world experience, just something that doesn't scream completely on-rails, or forced. Cinematic and adventurous do not have to be divided.

SDCowboy

Eh, the new ones might not look as cool, but they are more realistic as to what one would be fighting in, I'd assume.

Vire

New

iHSDZQpZqx9oY.png

Old

Like the design of the old one much more, but I wouldn't be surprised if you are given access to it later on in the game. It looks like an upgraded/fancier version, and considering this is only Chapter 3 - it would make sense not to necessarily have it at this juncture.

Just hope it wasn't a polygon issue.

DWinn7

If you don't like it, go find some rainbow game to play. No one asked for your opinion.

This is the tone Gears 2 and 3 should have went with! Instead, Epic listened to 'the haters', instead of the fans, and murdered the color palette on the two sequels making it brighter, more colorful and cartoony.

Yeah GTFO with that shit. Give me my dark, moody, gritty, tense, and edgy action third person cover shooter ala Gears 1 ANYDAY!

General I salute you! I love the dark and gritty mood. Being reminded of Gears 1 isn't a bad thing. People just love to nitpick and will never be satisfied, even if they created the game themselves lol.

Elios83

Game looks amazing but I was discussing about this just yesterday before the trailer was released....many people still don't get that this game will be controversial because you're not supposed to do whatever you want and it's not free action, it's a cinematic linear experience, you're put inside a movie and you have to alter the flow of specific events based on decisions and how you play.
In the trailer you can see clearly that the developers want you to cover the guy lying down and help him going inside, your freedom is how to kill the enemies on the balcony and that's it for that particular moment.
So people it's better to get over it sooner rather than later, this game is really close to the philosophy of Beyond and other Quantic Dream games. If you like to be part of an interactive story it will be great, otherwise you better look elsewhere.

LastNac

I don't know how you got adventure out of that gameplay. There was no freedom whatsoever.

Yeah, it's a three-minute video, and not representative of the entire game, but I think this IS the game. What adventure there is like a movie, with one pre-determined route.

People want a game they will enjoy, while you appreciate it, I can't find myself getting too excited.
I would assume it will be as much an action/adventure as TLoU.

Furthermore, if I wanted an open world game I would go out and buy one. They're making a "cinematic title" that emphasis story, that's what I want to play and honestly there aren't a lot of those experiences out there.

Look at it this way, there are hundreds of JRPG's out there so it looks like you're catered to in terms of needs. The number of "cinematic titles" out there I can probably count on two hands. Why can't fans of this kind of experience have this kind of experience? Who's it hurting? If The Order isn't for you move on to something that is and cease trying to turn it into something it's not via complaints.

I for one am very excited because this type of experience is rare. I'm looking forward to it.

codhand

Caller: "So whassup man?"
DJ: "Coolin' man"
C: "Chillin' chilin'? Yo, you know I had to call. You know why, right?"
DJ: "Why?"
C: "Because, yo, I never ever call and ask you to play somethin' right?"
DJ: "Yeah"
C: "You know what I wanna see, right?"
DJ: "Whatchu wanna see?"
C: "I wanna see that 3rd person duck and cover gameplay mechanics from last generation joint"
DJ: "3rd person duck and cover gameplay mechanics from last generation, again?"
C: "Ahhw yea, again and again!"

love this comment right here.

SDCowboy

Were there black bars in this footage? I guess my asking this question alleviates my concern for them possibly being distracting. lol

kinggroin

Banned
If you don't like it, go find some rainbow game to play. No one asked for your opinion.

This is the tone Gears 2 and 3 should have went with! Instead, Epic listened to 'the haters', instead of the fans, and murdered the color palette on the two sequels making it brighter, more colorful and cartoony.

Yeah GTFO with that shit. Give me my dark, moody, gritty, tense, and edgy action third person cover shooter ala Gears 1 ANYDAY!

The thread being made, asked for his opinion.

i love the setting and presentation but that gameplay...

lV2kE.png

looks pretty run of the mill. games this bland are only worth playing if they're really fun (binary domain) or have impressive writing for the genre (spec ops)

Nibel

New

iHSDZQpZqx9oY.png

Old

I assume there will be multiple outfits in the game; the outfits from the 'old' build are probably the main costumes the characters will wear while the ones from the demo are probably the beginner costumes - which is why I assume the part they've shown is from a very early level

I would assume it will be as much an action/adventure as TLoU.

Furthermore, if I wanted an open world game I would go out and buy one. They're making a "cinematic title" that emphasis story, that's what I want to play and honestly there aren't a lot of those experiences out there.

Look at it this way, there are hundreds of JRPG's out there so it looks like you're catered to in terms of needs. The number of "cinematic titles" out there I can probably count on two hands. Why can't fans of this kind of experience have this kind of experience? Who's it hurting? If The Order isn't for you move on to something that is and cease trying to turn it into something it's not via complaints.

I for one am very excited because this type of experience is rare. I'm looking forward to it.

Yep, I think for alot of people everything has to be open world now. I personally enjoy a 10-12 hour cinematic game on rails with a good story and graphics. Two of my favorite recent games are Walking Dead and Beyond: Two Souls. Not everyone has time to play through a 100 hour open world game anymore.

viveks86

Noticing 4 changes so far:

1) Outfit change. The new ones seem more "dressed for the occasion". Thought the old ones seemed a lot more interesting, albeit out of place. Not sure which I like more.

2) Lafayette's gun design has changed

3) Shadows! The older version seems to lack them

4) Percival's beard seems white now!

Like the design of the old one much more, but I wouldn't be surprised if you are given access to it later on in the game. It looks like an upgraded/fancier version, and considering this is only Chapter 3 - it would make sense not to necessarily have it at this juncture.

Just hope it wasn't a polygon issue.

Agreed

-"No one asked for your opinion"
-Gives his opinion instead

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=110687923#post110687923

I'm sorry, I just had to.
Let's hope that the new gameplay material/previews put our concerns to rest regarding gameplay.
I'm 50/50 on this one, the graphics look good but I need to see more though it's to early to say things like "GoW rip-off, too much cutscenes, where mah gameplay@?! Etc etc"
lol, what atrocious posts. He's either amazing at using sarcasm or will likely get banned if he keeps posting such silly things. In regards to gameplay, I'm on the "wait until E3" train. Everything has impressed, gameplay has not, but I shall wait a few more weeks and see what they have up their sleeve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom