• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Episode VIII is "The Last Jedi"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mswc49cover.jpg

Rian Johnson is gonna give us Jaxxon and Don-Wan Kihotay!

LastNac

Love that Johnson is breaking from tradition with word count.

First Installment: 3 words
The Phantom Menace - A New Hope - The Force Awakens.

Second Installment: 4 words
The Empire Strikes Back - Attack of the Clones

Third Installment: 4 words
Return of the Jedi - Revenge of the Sith

Sephzilla

Love that Johnson is breaking from tradition with word count.

First Installment:
The Phantom Menace - A New Hope - The Force Awakens.

Second Installment:
The Empire Strikes Back - Attack of the Clones

Third Installment:
Return of the Jedi - Revenge of the Sith

That's actually going to bug me now lol

Well I mean, it might just be talking about how Luke is the last jedi that can train Rey. I don't know if that automatically mean he is goners.

1) Luke is referred to as The Last Jedi in Force Awakens. Maybe it's just how Snoke and the First Order address Luke.

I forgot about this.

The title could mean that Episode VIII just happens to be centered around Luke and what he did between the time of RotJ and TFA.

But that red logo has me thinking that Kylo is about to become a sith lord just as Rey completes her Jedi training.

I'm going to take a stab that it means Luke, and that he really is the last Jedi as we know them. Whatever Rey becomes will be part of a new order, or no order at all.

Betty

Banned
Huh, i like it and the logo but there' no short hand for it.

For the others we call them

Phantom
Clones
Sith
New Hope
Empire
Jedi
Awakens

I guess this one can be quickly called Last Jedi in conversation... huh, it actually rolls off the tongue pretty well.

I hope Luke's story ends like Simon's in Gurren Lagann. He comes back to help fight one last time, then in the end disappears into obscurity, a forgotten hero. One final shot of him looking up at the galaxy from a life of solitude, the stars at peace.

Nope. April 13th.

Lucasfilm never does anything all that important on May the 4th, it seems. They don't really have to, because it's more or less a (badly titled) fan phenomena as it is. Everyone's gonna be doing all the heavy promotional lifting for them. Usually if they do something it's really light and fluffy. Nothing strongly tied into promotions.

So yeah, April 13th, you're probably getting the first teaser for The Last Jedi

OH FUCK!

Please don't kill Luke!

:(

Han, Luke, and Leia are almost guaranteed not to survive the Sequel Trilogy.

Ben, Yoda, and Anakin didn't survive the Original.

Sapiens

Terrible, but it gets the jerb did. That "Star Wars guy" you know will love it. You know, the beard, the gut, the glasses...that guy.

I feel as if millions of these dudes instantaneously blew their collective load ---->
0ZZ4wAh.png
<---- and were suddenly silenced

pringles

Great title on it's own, don't like as much in the continuation of titles.

Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens
The Last Jedi

I would have preferred something like "The Last Knight" since it could have been ambigious as to whether it refers to Kylo as the last of the Knights of Ren, or Luke as the last Jedi Knight.

I hope Luke's story ends like Simon's in Gurren Lagann. He comes back to help fight one last time, then in the end disappears into obscurity, a forgotten hero. One final shot of him looking up at the galaxy from a life of solitude, the stars at peace.

He's gonna get stabbed in the dick by that cross-saber thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom