• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomi Lahren has bisexual Youtuber thrown out of party for holding hands w/ bf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youtuber Shane Dawson has tweeted describing his experience with conservative pundit Tomi Lahren. Appears this was at a party during the Sundance Film Festival in Utah. Will update when he posts a video.

Update: deleted the tweets, then posted these. Not exactly sure of the situation
05pyNo1.png

Old tweets
94fj04d.png

OHqKpxz.png

His boyfriend also tweeted:
eS9YfKA.png

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Terrible, but not unexpected given the crowd, if true.

I know it's wrong to victim blame, but I'm just conditioned to think they're lying or exaggerating when I see "YouTuber."

Randam

Had to Google the name too.

A video with the title "tomi lahren destroys Trevor Noah over #blacklifematters" showed up for me. 🤔

Etzer

Shane Dawson? Wow. I don't watch his videos but I know he's extremely popular on YouTube.

I'm glad he has video.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
That's not as much victim blaming as being obnoxiously cynical.

I'd say that's about right. I think YouTube has been a great platform for exposing corruption and situations in our society that aren't acceptable. But in my memory, every instance I can think of that was on the up and up was a "normal" person just so happening to film something and then putting it on YouTube.

My knee jerk reaction to be more skeptical than usual when I see the person is a YouTuber is probably because so many of them seek out or manufacture drama to get eyes on their channel. That's a huge part of YouTube, without question. So I'm curious to see what's going on here.

royalan

As a black gay male, I'm all for minorities invading bigoted spaces to be militant and make a point. But there's an intent, a level of preparedness involved with that.

What's up with this trend lately of people going into bigoted spaces...and being surprised by the bigotry?

I mean, you went to a Tomi Lahren function. Tomi Lahren. She's like...a pocket version of Ann Coulter, only somehow even more hateful and racist. What was the expectation here?

As a black gay male, I'm all for minorities invading bigoted spaces to be militant and make a point. But there's an intent, a level of preparedness involved with that.

What's up with this trend lately of people going into bigoted spaces...and being surprised by the bigotry?

Not enough info all around to make any judgements IMO. I cant imagine the Sundance Film Festival is some bigoted place that the LGBT community isnt welcomed, but who knows what was up at that party.

necrosis

I mean, you went to a Tomi Lahren function. Tomi Lahren. She's like...a pocket version of Ann Coulter, only somehow even more hateful and racist. What was the expectation here?

yeah i don't really understand what he expected, though in no way was it justified

given the political views of the host, he's lucky he wasn't executed

Tomi Lahren had them thrown out of a military party at the Sundance Film Festival?

I'm a bit confused as to how this went down.

It's a party at the Sundance Film Festival, for Christ's sake. Mike Pence could be fuckin' throwing it and you wouldn't likely expect to be physically removed from it for the crime of holding another man's hand

Everyone at the party probably watched at least two movies that day depicting displays of homosexual affection magnitudes more direct than holding hands.

edit: wait, the party was specifically described as "a military party."

Not just a party with members of the military there, but a full on "military" party, at Sundance.

Huh

painey

it seems absurd that this could happen, and YouTubers are known for making up/embellishing stories for clicks. I hope it's false. Will have to wait and see what is really going on before jumping on any bandwagons.

royalan

It's a party at the Sundance Film Festival, for Christ's sake. Mike Pence could be fuckin' throwing it and you wouldn't likely expect to be physically removed from it for the crime of holding another man's hand

Everyone at the party probably watched at least two movies that day depicting displays of homosexual affection magnitudes more direct than holding hands.

Ummm, considering this man pushes for conversion therapy, I'm really not sure about this.

And Tomi Lahren has even less decorum.

LionPride

Banned

edit: wait, the party was specifically described as "a military party."

Not just a party with members of the military there, but a full on "military" party, at Sundance.

Huh
Bobby, Pence believes conversion therapy is a valid thing so uh...

Etzer

One of the tweets mentioned Remind the Nation. Their "What we do" page says absolutely nothing about what they actually do, but social media pages of Tomi and Remind The Nation mention an event at Sundance with Zero Films Production called "The Veterans Project":

The Veterans Project is a photographic essay not just for the warfighter, but for civilians as well. It serves as a collective database, capturing the stories of veterans who have since returned home from Iraq and Afghanistan. The goal of The Veterans Project is to capture the warfighter spirit, and establish an educational discourse for civilians who want to know what reintegration into polite society looks like.

So I guess he was at a viewing of this "photographic essay"?

Edit: There was also music: https://twitter.com/wiscombemusic/status/822453673158590464

Ummm, considering this man pushes for conversion therapy, I'm really not sure about this.

I was exaggerating for comedic effect.

Hence choosing Pence (Hence Pence! Hah!) as a means to suggest that of all the fucking places, someone getting physically removed from a party at SUNDANCE for holding hands with a guy is crazy sounding.

Besides which the military lets gay people openly serve now so, I mean...

Curious to see this video.

Forgive my ignorance, but what's the difference?

I feel like I must be missing something obvious here

One would be a party that military people are attending

The other is a party that the military itself is throwing.

Shane's a great person. This is fucking horrible

I hope his leg's fine AND he files a lawsuit. Glad he recorded video and the awful security's faces are clearly visible. This will be remembered

devilhawk

Youtuber on Youtuber crime means I wait for non-Youtuber sources.

She can fuck off if true. And the people who physically tossed him out too.

hbkdx12

This is going to be her break out year isn't it?

I really hate that this chick has any kind of platform to stand on.

There's nothing special about the woman other than the fact that she's a pretty young white blond who says controversial shit.

She's bound to garner some eyeballs and attention no matter how unwarranted.

Had to google who she was and wasn't surprised considering her stance on literally everything that isnt considered conservative.
I honestly wonder what he was expecting going to such a party?

Also anyone else think Lahren will become more popular through Trumps presidential years?

WaterAstro

People should be skeptical until there's more evidence.

Claims from just the two individuals while it was an entire party seems pretty lacking in testimony.

Miletius

Had to google who she was and wasn't surprised considering her stance on literally everything that isnt considered conservative.
I honestly wonder what he was expecting going to such a party?

Also anyone else think Lahren will become more popular through Trumps presidential years?

Lahren is already shockingly popular, because she is young, conservative and good looking. It's like the trifecta of how to attract disaffected Hitler Youth.

I'm actually sort of surprised Lahren was even hosting a party at Sundance, to be honest. Wouldn't expect many people who admire and respect her to show up there, but maybe I have a different view of Sundance than what actually takes place there.

Either way, Lahren will win this fight. People who like her do not like gay people, and will justify her actions despite any personal covering of their eyes. And she is more than capable of drowning out the oxygen in the room by just yelling loudly for 10 minutes at a time, as is her tactic when it comes to pretty much any argument, like, ever.

novabolt

Holding hands with a man is not acting like a dick. Who cares how he acts online when this is blatant homophobia. Fuck off dude.

I'm talking about his past actions. Anyway, I guess you would be the one that would allow his kind of racism to slide.

VegaShinra

There are some videos on Twitter from his Snapchat feed. Doesn't show much but seems to be after he is removed from the event. And he deleted the Tweets that are in the OP.

Lahren is already shockingly popular, because she is young, conservative and good looking. It's like the trifecta of how to attract disaffected Hitler Youth.

I'm actually sort of surprised Lahren was even hosting a party at Sundance, to be honest. Wouldn't expect many people who admire and respect her to show up there, but maybe I have a different view of Sundance than what actually takes place there.

Either way, Lahren will win this fight. People who like her do not like gay people, and will justify her actions despite any personal covering of their eyes. And she is more than capable of drowning out the oxygen in the room by just yelling loudly for 10 minutes at a time, as is her tactic when it comes to pretty much any argument, like, ever.

I'm not surprised at all that she held such a party. Unfortunately, there are a shit ton of young people much like her these days. Rural people who end up at major colleges, alot of them, and their numbers are growing. No sense in talking to them. Evangelical nutcase the whole lot of them. Shane shouldn't have been at one of their parties to begin with. It's like a minority going to a nazi white supremacist party, then complaining that he gets murdered. These people are nazi scum, and we should be smart enough to stay far away from them to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom