• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like the CMS broke for Yakuza, and it did not publish. Everyone that can do anything is in bed, or barely waking up, so nothing can be done to fix it.. but it should be up once someone notices.

Based on the many ways CMS' can break, I guess the article could exist, and not be displaying on the site. That means someone could write a script to check all possible urls to find it...

...I am sure that would be worth your time :p

Red UFO

Fast Five seems to run at a slightly different speed in different regions???? Film and Forties keeps falling behind. Does anybody know if the later films do this too?

I guess finding it is not that hard now I think about it. If the url exists, it is...

Code:
https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/beast-in-the-east-yakuza-0-part-10/xxxx-xxxxx/

Someone just has to check all possible numerical combinations of those two numbers designated by 'x'

This is not how DDOS happen.... right?

Its past the hour and still no Yakuza

bf6E_M.gif

Wunder

I guess finding it is not that hard now I think about it. If the url exists, it is...

Code:

Someone just has to check all possible numerical combinations of those two numbers designated by 'x'

went through all the numbers till I hit BitE Ep 9, didn't work :[

The first four denote article type, so it should always be 2300. The second increases by one for each article, with 11972 being the highest one at the moment (Best of Giant Bomb 121). I tried a few both lower and higher, but no luck.

why are you such a terrible person

I felt bad too. I put in the URL, with "beast-in-the-east-yakuza-0-part-10" and a number at the end. I expected an error page, but a page started loading... it was UPF.

There is probably a simple explanation as to why this happens, but i have not studied web development enough/any.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I felt bad too. I put in the URL, with "beast-in-the-east-yakuza-0-part-10" and a number at the end. I expected an error page, but a page started loading... it was UPF.

There is probably a simple explanation as to why this happens, but i have not studied web development enough/any.

As someone whose work is partly that i can tell you it's the "duplicate page as placeholder, changing the url but not the contents" error.

Very technical.

Jintor

i still haven't watched any fast and the furious yet, it's weird because i actually do want to watch it with film and 40s. I just... haven't.

i have this weird aversion to watching movies and i don't know why

The text is just there to make the URLs easier to parse for humans. The CMS doesn't use them at all (it just looks at the numbers), and you can put anything you want in it:

https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/fake-persona-5-endurance-run-part-2/2300-9281/

Fuck.

I may have accidentally clicked on the Persona 5 spoilers thread and read half sentence I DID NOT NEED TO KNOW before realizing where i was

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

convo

Oh man, the most hypest episode hasn't dropped yet. Time to keep listening to this till it drops.

Me and you both. I have no interest whatsoever in Persona or any other turn based JRPG for that matter.

I imagine the Persona forums on the GiantBomb forums are one of the most active ones since the ER. It happens to be part of the site's legacy in terms of how ingrained it is for early GB fans. I imagine FastandFurious talk is as strange and nonsensical for people who don't care about it. And i imagine that Yakuza talk is strange and uninteresting for people who don't care about those games.
If Austin was still here we'd have a phase of talking about certain Mech games more often.
Discussion here is tied to the sites' content and when those include week long discussions about certain big franchises people get swept up in it.
Wrestling talk and AltF1 don't do much for me , i just chose what to follow. You can talk about anything related to the site and the people, just steer the conversation in another direction you prefer.

oti

Banned
Fuck.

I may have accidentally clicked on the Persona 5 spoilers thread and read half sentence I DID NOT NEED TO KNOW before realizing where i was

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

That sucks.

Other Persona 5 players, please don't start big spoiler discussions here. Even with the tags and all. There are other places for that.

Tubobutts

Obviously Beast in the East didn't go up because Vinny realized at the last second that he accidentally put the first episode of the secret Persona 5 endurance run in its slot and took it down but forgot to replace it.

I imagine the Persona forums on the GiantBomb forums are one of the most active ones since the ER. It happens to be part of the site's legacy in terms of how ingrained it is for early GB fans. I imagine FastandFurious talk is as strange and nonsensical for people who don't care about it. And i imagine that Yakuza talk is strange and uninteresting for people who don't care about those games.
If Austin was still here we'd have a phase of talking about certain Mech games more often.
Discussion here is tied to the sites' content and when those include week long discussions about certain big franchises people get swept up in it.
Wrestling talk and AltF1 don't do much for me , i just chose what to follow. You can talk about anything related to the site and the people, just steer the conversation in another direction you prefer.

I don't mind it at all by the way in the grand scheme of things, just sharing an opinion. I guess I'm surprised at the amount of people that are into and passionate about Persona. Then again, the last game was in 2008 lol. The only Persona related thing I've consumed was the ER back in the day, which is pretty fucking good.

What cool thing is happening in Yakuza tonight? I imagine miracles or one hype boss fight of many.

The story with Kiryu is going to head in an exciting but dangerous direction, we'll also be getting a boss fight.

i still haven't watched any fast and the furious yet, it's weird because i actually do want to watch it with film and 40s. I just... haven't.

With the Beast audio, it's more like you're watching a 2hr playthrough of a story-game.

Code:

It's even simpler, since the first four digits are always 2300 in videos and the last five seem to be just an incrementing number across all their content.

edit: The number seems to be incremented based on the time it was queued/added, not published.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
That sucks.

Other Persona 5 players, please don't start big spoiler discussions here. Even with the tags and all. There are other places for that.

As somebody who doesn't play P5 right now I'd appreciate that. I don't mind that the thread is currently 80% P5 talk but I'm worried I'm gonna get spoiled one way or another. I already feel like my interest in Nier was killed by this thread.

kiguel182

I love how people are now analyzing GB's url structure. Hopefully the episode goes live soon before everyone loses their minds.

Jintor

As somebody who doesn't play P5 right now I'd appreciate that. I don't mind that the thread is currently 80% P5 talk but I'm worried I'm gonna get spoiled one way or another. I already feel like my interest in Nier was killed by this thread.

if you can, try and put it out of your mind for a few weeks and drop back in on nier in a sale or something.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I love how people are now analyzing GB's url structure. Hopefully the episode goes live soon before everyone loses their minds.

Tbf i remember that we used to do that for a series, but i can't quite remember which was it. We definitely used to abuse the url in order to get early episodes.

Don't talk about Persona 5 on twitter, I saw someone who was complaining about a bot that quotes people who are talking about Persona 5 and has a big spoiler as its name lol.

Meguro

Banned
Don't talk about Persona 5 on twitter, I saw someone who was complaining about a bot that quotes people who are talking about Persona 5 and has a big spoiler as its name lol.

Yeah there's like a couple of bots going around on twitter posting some spoiler copypasta at people who just mention stuff like P5 or Persona
It's really shitty!

demidar

Are you saying you're a slave to your dreams, and want emancipation?

Because if you do you can
watch the new Beast in the Ea- oh.

Just do it, it's worth it. You won't regret it :D

Mupod

I want to trust GAF with spoilery stuff but in big, fast moving OTs there's always that one junior. Someone got me good on MGSV, but the thing that pissed me off the most was how unapologetic he was over it. You just don't expect that kind of thing here.

I don't use twitter and I've stopped reading youtube comments so it's the unexpected places I worry about. For example, the search function on GAF doesn't have spoiler tags. So watch out when you look at post history. It's tough to resist that urge to click every banned name and enjoy my usual game of 'how many posts can I read until I see them post some 4chan/reddit/gamergate bullshit'

Ryuji's just Yosuke plus some extra anti-adult bias, which I totally understand as a new character trait they inserted since a decade ago. Hell, the relationship with the mascot character has been the damn same so far, too.

both are inferior versions of Junpei imo. I think I still like P3's cast the most, P5 so far isn't as bad as P4's main character worship at least. And of course I haven't finished any social links nor do I have every party member.

I was off work for a few days so I'm still catching up on the bombcast and beastcast from last week. But I look forward to some impressions from Vinny at least. I did think it was funny how they commented on it being 'darker' than P4, P4 is kind of the oddball of the series in that respect.

My lunch break is in 45 minutes and there's still no BITE up yet #PanicMode.

I should also probably stop staying up past midnight to play Persona 5 when I have to be at work by 7:00am. *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom