• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition (PC) April 17th, Automatic Upgrade

Chesskid1

Banned
will the interface tweaks they make for the 360, come to the PC if you are using the controller?

i ask because this pretty much never happens. just got this game a week ago and can put it off playing if controller tweaks are added, but i can muster through it with the current interface if i have to (but id rather not if the tweaks are coming).

TheExodu5

Banned
I guess the Steam version will actually show up a few days later?

Should come out on the 17th, since it's a Tuesday.

Anyways, here's to hoping NVidia has their new cards out by then. I have been holding off playing the game until I get some better hardware.

RickA238

Is there a list of all of the changes?

RPS lists some of the main changes: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/01/27/conjured-the-witcher-2-enhanced-edition/

- Several hours of new gameplay
- New major characters
- New animations, cut scenes

Chesskid1 said:
will the interface tweaks they make for the 360, come to the PC if you are using the controller?

I wouldn't put it past CD Projekt, with all their other post-release support for this game.

Cobano

Neo Member
Bought the game during the steam sale and have yet gotten around to play it. Maybe I should just wait until April then although I was about to start it any day now. I wont really have time to replay it.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Pretty awesome, I'll be peeking in just to see what the new quests are like, though I won't be restarting from scratch.

Was planning a second run through at some point, so I'll just wait for this to drop and go from there.

Witcher 2 expansion or the Witcher 3, I'll be there Day One.

Shepard

Great, I was about to restart my playthrough, but I guess I'll just wait a little more.

Question: Are those post-ending extras or they actually add more things to the main quest?

ultron87

This might make me start my playthrough over again.

I got stuck on the Act 1 boss for several hours months ago and haven't had the will to go back and try it again.

Nymerio

This is how you do it, almost every other dev would have you buy that stuff seperately. I've had the game quite some time now but never got around to playing it, guess I'll wait for the enhanced edition.

Maladict

Neo Member
Bought the game during the steam sale and have yet gotten around to play it. Maybe I should just wait until April then although I was about to start it any day now. I wont really have time to replay it.

I hope you intend to replay it at least once since you'll miss a large part of the content the game has on any playthrough because of some choices you'll have to make.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Good stuff, but I'm almost done with my TW1 replay, and I was hoping to replay TW2 soon. I'll just have to deal with the blue balls and wait for the update.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
This might make me start my playthrough over again.

I got stuck on the Act 1 boss for several hours months ago and haven't had the will to go back and try it again.

Oh man, you need to go back and play it. The first act boss is actually really easy once you know what you're supposed to do.

teiresias

Should come out on the 17th, since it's a Tuesday.

Anyways, here's to hoping NVidia has their new cards out by then. I have been holding off playing the game until I get some better hardware.

The Steam version got the patches a few days later, as far as I remember, which is why I asked.

My GTX460 SLI rig played the game rather well on my plasma back when I tried it just after 2.0 came out, but I had to stop playing soon after that, so I'll start back into it again when this comes out.

Is it still better to do the adjustments via the config or ini file?

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I'm still waiting for the game to come out on OnLive, ut since the announcement, they haven't even spoken about it. What's the hold up and when will it be released via OnLive?! :(

Jtrizzy

This game is $15 on Amazon right now. I just picked it up even though I have no business buying new games after getting Alan Wake and JC2 in the last week.

Deadstar

I've been wanting to go back and do an alternate playthrough. I'm going to wait until the enchanced version to do so.

Jtrizzy

Any advise on the graphical settings? I'm running an i7@4.2 and a slightly oc'd 580. I wish I could decline to download all these extra videos though, 14 gig download is gonna take a while. Also, isn't there some way I can put this in Steam, or will it have the tiny logo. I tried this with TOR.

Gattsu25

Banned
I might be old with all of this but...

New trailer for 360 version
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJiMtPzY568
Giant Bomb: http://www.giantbomb.com/geralts-ears-are-burning-in-the-witcher-2-teaser/17-5717/

Hidden message at 50 seconds into the trailer:
I63U0.png

Riposte

The way they word it make sound like people who get the game after April 17th will have to pay for the upgrade?

Gattsu25

Banned
I typed it out (point out any typos not in the OG image):
Hi!

A few words directly from the CD Projekt RED development team

For the last months we've been working hard on The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition, which will be available for both Xbox 360 and PC.

As most of you know, we have always listened to gamers in general and fans of our work in particular. You wanted Chapter 3 to be longer, so we've added around 4 hours of new gameplay and tons of other great new content to make our game even better. We really think it was worth it; but naturally, final judgment will belong to you.

Some quick info for all our existing users: all this new content will be available to you absolutely free of charge as an automatic update on April 17th, which is the release date of The Witcher 2: Assassins of ins Enhanced Edition

Some time ago we unveiled our new CG Intro for the game, created by Oscar nominee Tomasz Baginski and Platige Image. We think it's a feast for your artistic sensibilities. If you haven't seen it yet or just want to gorge on it again, go to our YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/user/Witcher2Game.

Today's video includes 2 shots of other new elements we've added to the Enhanced Edition. Can you guess which ones?

Stay tuned for more info about other new additions to the game. Thanks for watching and for your support!

The Witcher 2 Dev Team
CD Projekt RED

PS, we've also released a second teaser which shows another new element... can you find it?

Riposte: It'll work the same as the 1st Witcher game.

All versions of the game will be the Enhanced Edition from April 17th onward: The people that bought it before get updated to the EE for free. The people that buy on or after April 17th are already buying the EE.

Sentenza

There are rumors that one unannounced improvement for Enhanced edition could be DX11 support (obviously just for the PC version), as there is an interesting detail that can be spotted in those new teasers.

Let me quote a guy from the official forum:

Shiroshibal said:
In the hidden message it says there are two hidden elements in the newly released teaser (awesome btw, as always) one of them being the horses, might the second one be upgraded graphics? Even a DirectX 11 patch for PC?

Just compare 0:11 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJiMtPzY568

with 0:22 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HedLjjlSy3Y

The broken wall which Geralt stands on looks alot more detailed in the new teaser, can't compare on how it looks in-game atm, maybe the "Disdain and Fear" trailer was made with an early build but if not, the new teaser wall looks alot better.

Not that I would know too much about DirectX 11 or so, but that sure looks like "Tesselation" to me lol! :D

Edit: Oh hey, the youtube vids are even directly built into the post, can compare it very good then :p

Hey guys,

New to the forum here, I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Game Downloads group.

If you're psyched about The Witcher 2, but haven't picked it up yet, we'll have it on sale for $15 through 2/29/2010.

You can check out our deals thread on 'Gaf here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456563.

More importantly though, if you all have any questions about Amazon's Game Downloads please feel free to shoot me a PM!

Happy to be here and excited to be joining the 'Gaf community!

Cheers,
Tony

Top Bottom