• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community Season 3 |OT| Six Seasons and a Movie... feels Goodman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoiler for upcoming episode:

Question: When will Community come back? —Latifah
Ausiello: March 15! And I’m celebrating the only way I know how — by slinging scoop: One of this season’s final episodes will pay homage to Ocean’s 11 when the Greendale gang gets entangled in the heist to end all heists. Naturally, Chang is at the center of the operation, which I’m told boasts some of Community‘s most lavish costumes to date. (And for this show, that’s saying something.)

big ander

The hiatus for other shows has usually been longer than Community's, hasn't it?

And was 8pm on Thursdays the old one with the poor ratings, or is it something else I'm thinking of?

And hasn't Parks & Rec already had a hiatus in their series? Can't be good...
Community's break didn't end up being as long as everyone worried, but it was still quite a break. A normal show breaks from mid december to mid-late january.

as for parks, this isn't the same as the hiatus it took when it was off the fall 2010 schedule. this is a break so other shows can air because they literally don't have enough hours to fit everything with a guaranteed return date

gabbo

Community's break didn't end up being as long as everyone worried, but it was still quite a break. A normal show breaks from mid december to mid-late january.

as for parks, this isn't the same as the hiatus it took when it was off the fall 2010 schedule. this is a break so other shows can air because they literally don't have enough hours to fit everything with a guaranteed return date

Some shows split seasons up into 12 episode halves, with breaks in between if you want to count that as a break. NBC might get more mileage from these shows that way.

Jasoco

Banned
Spoiler for upcoming episode:

Question: When will Community come back? —Latifah
Ausiello: March 15! And I’m celebrating the only way I know how — by slinging scoop: One of this season’s final episodes will pay homage to Ocean’s 11 when the Greendale gang gets entangled in the heist to end all heists. Naturally, Chang is at the center of the operation, which I’m told boasts some of Community‘s most lavish costumes to date. (And for this show, that’s saying something.)

Wish I hadn't read it, but I wonder if it'll be
this years Paintball or an extra episode not related to Paintball?

Bladenic

OMG best news ever so excited!!

Parks going on break is sad since I was really looking forward to Community and P&R back to back but I can deal. Does this season have a 22 or 24 episode order?

Parks and Rec going on hiatus is a good sign. It only has so many episodes left in the season order, so going on hiatus allows it finish its run during May sweeps. That means NBC has faith in it.

THIS. Community + Parks and Rec Power Hour during May sweeps is gonna be AMAZING

Jasoco

Banned
Finally watching Community again after the Christmas episode. Feels so fresh and new. I'm finding at least one part of each episode I didn't notice the first 30 times I watched each episode. Like Annie eating her pizza with a fork and knife in the "Introduction to Film" episode. I was always so concentrating on Pierce trying to eat his slice that I never noticed Annie.
KuGsj.gif

fordianslip

Neo Member
OMG best news ever so excited!!

Parks going on break is sad since I was really looking forward to Community and P&R back to back but I can deal. Does this season have a 22 or 24 episode order?

22. Definitely 22. They've already finished filming. They're clearing out their paperwork from season 3 and moved the star wagons. They are definitely not filming any additional episodes.

I got to visit the set on the last day of taping(2/16), and they had their wrap party on Sunday.

If I map it out right, that means from March 15th to May 31st(end of sweeps), we will have Community on once a week with no breaks, short of them doubling up any episodes.

I'm screaming like the opposite of Abed when he heard Cougar Town was moved to mid-season. I don't know what that would sound like but it is a sound of joy.

Jasoco

Banned
The best present would be if when the Season 3 DVD's eventually come out they also include the entire Inspector Spacetime web series. My god it would be amazing.

Lijik

The best present would be if when the Season 3 DVD's eventually come out they also include the entire Inspector Spacetime web series. My god it would be amazing.

There was a web series???
Im such a bad fan oh my god I need to watch these

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
OMG. Shirley and Chang? WHAT THE FUCK?

EDIT: Best line ever. "Make me proud. Be the first black person to make it to the end."

For me, Chang peaked in Modern Warfare with the John Woo entrance. It's all been downhill from there.

I actually didn't particularly like him much as the teacher ever, but yeah. That was definitely the best Chang performance of the series. I also liked his role in the bottle episode where one second he's dressed, the next second he's oiled up and into the vent. Oh, and the restraining order war with Professor Duncan.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I didn't like him so much as a student, but I'm curious where his power trip security guard will go (I haven't read spoilers, so please don't reply with out blacking out spoilers if you know)

Yeah, Chang as a student wasn't great, but I've really enjoyed him as a security guard. The episode where Britta was his nemesis was fantastic. I dug the noir storyline quite a bit too. I think I'm agreement with Dan Harmon that Chang is best in roles of faux-authority.

Yeah, Chang as a student wasn't great, but I've really enjoyed him as a security guard. The episode where Britta was his nemesis was fantastic. I dug the noir storyline quite a bit too. I think I'm agreement with Dan Harmon that Chang is best in roles of faux-authority.

I agree that Chang as a student wasn't great. He makes a great adversary to The Gang. I don't quite like him as a security guard, and I hope it picks up by the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom