• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Edition for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia announced (NA)

Pejo

Man, I thought there was no way I was getting one of these, thanks GAF, nabbed a Gamestop pre-order.

Now let's hope they don't oversell and cancel.

Doesn't matter. Almost certainly won't be able to get to a store before it sells out. Especially if they pull the same bullshit they have in the past where they sell the entire allocation the East coast before other time zones even open.

I seriously cannot believe how shockingly inept this company is. Lost the FE Fates LE (before barely getting it a Best Buy) because they literally lied to me when I had them update my order information (something they inexplicably don't let you do on your own). They forced me into buying multiple other products that I had cancelled weeks prior to shipping, apparently just because, only to say "Sorry, we can no longer cancel this order" via email a week after delivery (happened at least twice now, wouldn't be SO BAD if it weren't for the fact they're like the only goddamn retailer I don't get free shipping for and won't refund shipping). Or other times where they've just cancelled orders for shits and giggles (Majora's Mask 3D LE). And now I can't place an order because a cancelled order exists. Incredible.

Of course if every Nintendo LE wasn't such a shit show I wouldn't even have to bother trying GameStop anyway. -_-
i just got off the phone with Gamestop and they pre-ordered it for me over the phone since i couldn't reorder online.

last night i got charged 5 bucks for shipping when i guest checked out. even though the order showed up on my power rewards account.

i cancelled and re-ordered bc now it's free shipping for pro members but couldn't re-order after cancelling online. (i tried for 30 minutes) so i gave them a call and they order it for me.

Boney

Banned
Are they getting rid of the ranged weapon triangle fro Fates? Seems like it, with knives MIA and the new health cost for magic. Bows being able to counter and the new handicap for magic makes it ok.

The rest looks great, and having the two armies in tandem sounds awesome. Fire Emblem can get messy once your units start leveling up and promoting so this is a good way to keep control the player's tools.

Started over Conquest after having it sit for a long while, it's wonderful. Chapter 17 was giving me trouble with the op Ninjas so I ended up promoting all my units. Probably won't ever try Birthright and Revelations since by all accounts, they're huge step downs.

Chrom

Are they getting rid of the ranged weapon triangle fro Fates? Seems like it, with knives MIA and the new health cost for magic. Bows being able to counter and the new handicap for magic makes it ok.

Like the original, there is no weapon triangle at all.

0Wz8duf.gif

Get 'em while they're hot!

Cleve

Got one reserved at GS. $10 shipping? Oh boy I hope I can get it on amazon or bestbuy. $22 gamestop tax is not something I want to pay.

GS not working for me. Keeps denying my credit card and booting me off Paypal. Anybody else having similar problems?

Edit: lol, n/m. Got in on the Amazon goodness. Great timing!

NolbertoS

Amazon is sly. Please go to sellers page and amazon is there. I kept reloading the page thinkjng that the pre-order button was gping to show. Hurry up everybody

Edit: got one too

Laieon

Ordered it on Gamestop then it immediately went up on Amazon. Definitely cancelling the GS order, I trust Amazon significantly more.

Got an Amazon one, but not sure if I'll end up keeping it.

If it came with the amiibo, I'd say definitely, but I can get the regular edition for $20 cheaper at BB.

dgco86

Well I guess it's a good thing I have a backup on Gamestop with direct shipping to Singapore. Amazon doesn't seem to ship this overseas.

mjc

I have one order in at Gamestop and Amazon...but I'd prefer Best Buy still. Guess I'll keep an eye out.

Top Bottom