• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

sphinx

the piano man
It actually takes quite a long time to get through a complete Firefly or Hunter journey in MP for the two trophies.
Each journey lasts 12 weeks and each game represents a day.

I see but the bolded is confusing.

12 weeks in-game or 12 weeks real, human time?

Sorry, the question is probably stupid, I'd probably understand if I could actually play the MP and see for myself, but since I don't have +, I have to ask weird questions.

SDR-UK

You can play for a match, get a decent score and quit out of the next two whilst still having survivors if you want to get through the twelve weeks quickly.

sphinx

the piano man
Oh my god... -_-

yesterday I tried some MP games and damn.. nothing destroys my gamer morale more than being the absolute worst at the game from all 8 players... :´(

whenever I shoot, it's always just enough to the side of the enemy just to miss. They are obvious veterans that never miss and come from the right angle

besides they always have like 3 molotovs and 3 nail bombs, whereas I barely manage to get the materials for one. how do they do that?

also, I noticed they have good sniper rifles, and I don't see them in my weapon choices. Where are they?

Am I playing handycapped cause I haven't bought weapon packs on the PSN store or what's the deal??

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my god... -_-

yesterday I tried some MP games and damn.. nothing destroys my gamer morale more than being the absolute worst at the game from all 8 players... :´(

whenever I shoot, it's always just enough to the side of the enemy just to miss. They are obvious veterans that never miss and come from the right angle

besides they always have like 3 molotovs and 3 nail bombs, whereas I barely manage to get the materials for one. how do they do that?

also, I noticed they have good sniper rifles, and I don't see them in my weapon choices. Where are they?

Am I playing handycapped cause I haven't bought weapon packs on the PSN store or what's the deal??

Adjust aim sensitivity in the options to fit to your playstyle. Also for beginners make sure you play in the "no groups allowed" playlist if you r alone. You are probably talking about the military sniper rifle, you have to unlock it by playing and earning supplies. You have to equip it in the special weapon slot (last one)

sphinx

the piano man
Åesop;215801440 said:
Adjust aim sensitivity in the options to fit to your playstyle. Also for beginners make sure you play in the "no groups allowed" playlist if you r alone. You are probably talking about the military sniper rifle, you have to unlock it by playing and earning supplies. You have to equip it in the special weapon slot (last one)

ok, that will change things a bit, I hope at least.

cause some of these folks look pretty coordinated.

another thing that annoys me: I very very rarely listen anyone moving, they do hear me move though... and they spot me pretty well, even when I move slowly and crouching... again, is it a "git gud" thing?

sphinx

the piano man
this is beyond sad, I was already playing with no parties allowed and even then.

I am really not cut out for this. I am absolutely terrible

SDR-UK

The best course of action would be to try and party up with someone, someone who can guide you through the nuances of the MP for a session or so. You'll soon learn.

sphinx

the piano man
I get this is an old game and people that are playing now have been doing so for a while so they got good but regardless this is one hell of an unbalanced field.

right now, there is this one guy that single-handedly carries his team, while the rest of us merely watch or die.

I would just follow him and he clearly knew very well where the CP would put the enemy team and would rush into them and sneak behind or do something.

he just never dies if you are lucky and land on his team, you win the whole thing.

SDR-UK

Feel free to add me on PSN and we'll talk through things like loadouts and game mechanics. Hopefully I can help you along. I can get a few others to party up to four players, too... So we're not relying on randoms.

sphinx

the piano man
Feel free to add me on PSN and we'll talk through things like loadouts and game mechanics. Hopefully I can help you along. I can get a few others to party up to four players, too... So we're not relying on randoms.

That's very kind of you but I am not very confident on my (verbal) english skills to speak over a mic about this stuff. I am not a native speaker.

This has been a terrible experience, absolutely awful. very discouraging not being able to play with beginners like me.

I need like 6 shoots from my rifle (no matter which one) whereas with just two shots from them I am on my knees. it really feels I am playing handicapped.

Is there some armor or something??? why do I die immediately and to kill them I have to shoot a ton?

whenever there's crossfire, I am the piece of meat. I get killed immediately, the enemy always looks for me, it's like they smell I should be the first one to get shot and then some asshole from my team, who could hav protected me, comes and kills them and get the down/execution.

I have even tried to stay in a back corner and not do anything so as to not bring the team down, well? they lose by themselves, I almost never get to be in a team of people that know how to play. It was the third time, the other team raped my team and got the 5 interrogations in a couple of minutes.

you see the other team and they are like in perfection coordination, all four in harmony to help each other... and that's with parties not allowed!

I am on week 5 but I am guaranteed to not end the "journey" since I barely ever get survivors and I have barely managed to do the objectives.

I am sorry for all this whining.... It's just very frustrating,

I'd love to learn, as I can see it's actually fun when you are doing well, but I think I lack the hand-eye coordination and practice of these people, I really can't play competitive.

In fact I am trying to unlock the trophies and that's all....if I could find people who would "let me" get 5 downs/executions in the certain areas, that's all I'd really want.
(I know, it's pathetic that I can't get them on my own.. good players are around 10, everyone get's like 5 or 6... the most I've gotten is 2)

SDR-UK

Don't be so hard on yourself. This game, like any online game, requires a time investment to get to the level of players that you see "pub-stomping", there is absolutely a learning curve involved that you are simply neglecting. There is no reason to be so hard on yourself over this. I could confidently say that some people that you are being matched with are max level or very close to it at least. It is unfortunately the nature of jumping into a competitive online game late in the lifetime-this game has been out for two years at this point, three if you count the PlayStation 3 version which some people have also played religiously.

Give me a breakdown of what guns you are using? The Semi-Auto Rifle for example is a very user friendly weapon that is easy to use and has a three shot down (two if you get at least one headshot) and pair that with a Revolver which is a similar performing weapon and you'll have a grasp of the bullets required to kill. My advice is to constantly cycle through the weapons until you feel you have something that you are happy using. With the exception of just a few of the weapons, a lot of them are great to use and can absolutely lead to a good score at the end of the game.

There is armour as part of the game. It is a purchasable when you are in the game and can be bought via the backpack menu, as well as upgrades for your gun (to make them shoot faster, reload faster, higher clip capacity, etc). It depends on your particular play-style, but I always find upgrading at least one of my weapons before purchasing armour to be beneficial, e.g. I ALWAYS upgrade my long gun to maximum level before I even think of purchasing armour.

Unfortunately what you are describing is a tactic that most randoms employ in this game where they will bait you to get the down and execution safely; it is a shitty tactic but randoms see it as the easiest way to get the clean up kills. I would highly recommend using the Listen Mode function while in game to see where the enemies are and you can sort of see where they are heading as a result. Be patient and be aware of the numbers; don't go in by yourself if there are three enemies and you don't have team mates to back you up. It'll always end the same way.

This is why I recommended partying up with people who know how to play the game and will cater to your play-style or on the flip-side be able to mould your play-style into something that will complement the overall team. For example and I know I'm talking into a void here, but I always play aggressively and the party that I team up with constantly complement the play-style; I usually always have someone to back me up in tough situations and revive me should I go down. It's just team chemistry at that point and unfortunately it is hard to find something akin to this whilst playing with randoms, especially those who have no clue what they're doing themselves.

Keep in mind that if you are late-joining games, it is free game for you to be put into a parties match-up even though you opted the no parties option. It's a balancing conceit on the part of Naughty Dog to try and even up the matches even though it might be a fruitless effort. Matches that you are starting out in (whilst selecting no party option) are always no party though. Just something to keep in mind.

The trophy requirement states, if I recall correctly, that you must get 5 downs or executions which means that you can always resort to stealing the downs of other team mates (although you may get hate-mail for this as some people truly do not like having their kills stolen).

As I said, my offer still stands if you need someone to play with. We don't have to use mics, no pressure there. We can coordinate by play-style, as long as you stick by me (or whoever we're partied up with), we can teach you much more than you'll learn by playing with randoms even without voice chat. I'll even let you steal my executions for the trophies that you need.

sphinx

the piano man
Don't be so hard on yourself. This game, like any online game, requires a time investment to get to the level of players that you see "pub-stomping", there is absolutely a learning curve involved that you are simply neglecting. There is no reason to be so hard on yourself over this. I could confidently say that some people that you are being matched with are max level or very close to it at least. It is unfortunately the nature of jumping into a competitive online game late in the lifetime-this game has been out for two years at this point, three if you count the PlayStation 3 version which some people have also played religiously.

Give me a breakdown of what guns you are using? The Semi-Auto Rifle for example is a very user friendly weapon that is easy to use and has a three shot down (two if you get at least one headshot) and pair that with a Revolver which is a similar performing weapon and you'll have a grasp of the bullets required to kill. My advice is to constantly cycle through the weapons until you feel you have something that you are happy using. With the exception of just a few of the weapons, a lot of them are great to use and can absolutely lead to a good score at the end of the game.

There is armour as part of the game. It is a purchasable when you are in the game and can be bought via the backpack menu, as well as upgrades for your gun (to make them shoot faster, reload faster, higher clip capacity, etc). It depends on your particular play-style, but I always find upgrading at least one of my weapons before purchasing armour to be beneficial, e.g. I ALWAYS upgrade my long gun to maximum level before I even think of purchasing armour.

Unfortunately what you are describing is a tactic that most randoms employ in this game where they will bait you to get the down and execution safely; it is a shitty tactic but randoms see it as the easiest way to get the clean up kills. I would highly recommend using the Listen Mode function while in game to see where the enemies are and you can sort of see where they are heading as a result. Be patient and be aware of the numbers; don't go in by yourself if there are three enemies and you don't have team mates to back you up. It'll always end the same way.

This is why I recommended partying up with people who know how to play the game and will cater to your play-style or on the flip-side be able to mould your play-style into something that will complement the overall team. For example and I know I'm talking into a void here, but I always play aggressively and the party that I team up with constantly complement the play-style; I usually always have someone to back me up in tough situations and revive me should I go down. It's just team chemistry at that point and unfortunately it is hard to find something akin to this whilst playing with randoms, especially those who have no clue what they're doing themselves.

Keep in mind that if you are late-joining games, it is free game for you to be put into a parties match-up even though you opted the no parties option. It's a balancing conceit on the part of Naughty Dog to try and even up the matches even though it might be a fruitless effort. Matches that you are starting out in (whilst selecting no party option) are always no party though. Just something to keep in mind.

The trophy requirement states, if I recall correctly, that you must get 5 downs or executions which means that you can always resort to stealing the downs of other team mates (although you may get hate-mail for this as some people truly do not like having their kills stolen).

As I said, my offer still stands if you need someone to play with. We don't have to use mics, no pressure there. We can coordinate by play-style, as long as you stick by me (or whoever we're partied up with), we can teach you much more than you'll learn by playing with randoms even without voice chat. I'll even let you steal my executions for the trophies that you need.

Thanks a lot for your patience and your support, I really appreciate it!

I have to say, It got a bit better the last couple of hours. I didn't know I was unlocking things I could use as I was progressing!... -_-

so I did a custom loadout and it was much better, far more balanced than with the crappy default. I got the sniper rifle, which I like a lot more, specially defending the safe. I know I am using hawk eye 2 but don't remember what else right now.

I think I like interrogation more than the other modes, i feels like everybody has to risk and move around instead of just sneak-kill or worse, just wait til the enemy approaches and sit there idle til that happens.

I managed to get the minimum down on the 100% risk mission!! so my clan is still alive, and just started week 7. It would be cool if I could end the journey, it does take a lot of time, the whole 12 weeks thing, but it seems the 100% risk thing will come 4 more times in weeks 8,10,11 and 12. not sure I will survive till then.

I've also managed to unlock most of the trophies, I only need 4 from the DLC MP: Wharf, Capitol, Bookstore and Suburbs. I already played in them but couldn't managed to get 5 downs/executions,,,If I manage to get those four, I am all set. Considering I still have to do the other journey I am sure they'll come around.

let me see how it goes the next couple days, if I still need help.I'll take your offer :) I'll keep reporting as I go.

sphinx

the piano man
Ok.... it's much much better now, much better.

One thing I didn't understand was the TEAM aspect of this, you are supposed to be cooperative with your team members (I know,... duuuuh!!) . One good thing about this game is that you don't even need a mic, you just have to stay close and watch as the action unfolds to make your move. My best matches have been with all four of us, covering our asses and sticking together, it's very easy to win that way. I am seeing some debate as to whether people should run&gun or go stealthy, I don't think it matters much, as long as the team is together.

for those LTTP to the MP like me, please read this: STAY CLOSE to you team! do not go wandering around the area! you may think that going around will "surprise" the enemy, forget it, you will get raped and give them a point, stay close to the team at all times.

I am starting to notice I am not the absolute worst now... some guys won't cover and just shoot in a clumsy way. I get to shoot, down and execute enemies more often, I am still almost always the lowest score of the four, but it feels like a team now, I have fun on each match. Also, I am sure I was playing handicapped because I later learned what "custom loadout" was about.

I am on week 11 and only lack one area trophy, the "suburb" one, hopefuly people will choose it! speaking of trophies, I am sorry but if the team is losing and I am on a mission, I quit via XMB, I don't want to keep losing survivors on my clan, I am about to finish the journey so I am sorry about any inconvenience.

From the three modes, interrogation is easily the best for me. it enforces team mentality, since you have to make sure your members don't get interrogated and once you detect the lockbox, you have to work together towards reaching it, it's really fun. Plus, if you finish quickly you get lots of supplies. Plus, it's the only mode with infinite respawns, so if you die you can keep trying to reach whatever your goal is (get 5 downs/executions or do missions or whatever)

Supply Raid is more for those veterans that like to shoot and kill everything on sight without any thought, they don't have to care much about teammates so they just go killing. Survivor is hard cause you die and that was it, and it takes too long with the 5 rounds, sometimes a team has won 3 already and the game forces you to go yet another round.. what's the point?

anway, this game is addictive :)

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member

Supply Raid with 2 full partys on a similar skill level is a lot of fun too. Interrogation usually ends up with one superior team not opening the box so they can farm some kills.

Some tips:
- dont use the full-auto rifle.
- When you're in the lobby you see the player ranks. Just back out before the map selection if the levels are too high in comparison to yours. No need to get rekt by level 900 when you're just starting to learn the game.
- Check out Covert Training, it makes you invisible in enemies' listen mode while you sneak.
- If you dont have covert training equipped don't sneak around all the time since its pretty much useless when the enemy can still see you in listen mode, and you're just a slow and easy target) , only crouch when its useful, for example to stay behind cover. Sometimes its smarter to walk or even run.
- Check out the sharpshooter skill (level 3), it reduces the aim wobbling while receiving damage, so you have a higher chance of winning 1 on 1 shoot-outs even when you get hit.
- First Aid skill 1 is almost mandatory in all loadouts.
- Keep the easy Missions for 100% risk challenges (like healing, marking, or giving presents to teammates with crafter 2/3), Dont waste them on 60% missions, since the minimum goes up each time you completed a challenge.

^ I second using covert training, it's also amazing to use with a bow if you have it. The bow takes some skill to use but it's probably my favorite weapon in MP .

sphinx

the piano man
Åesop;216013096 said:
- dont use the full-auto rifle.

So about weapons, I usually use the semi-auto but it's too weak so I try to get the shotgun as purchasable and have managed to land downs with a one-shot close-range hit. I am still at a great disadvantage though, most guys use this gun (rifle? can't distinguish) with silencer that shoots 3 times very quickly in sucession (it sounds pew pew pew! lol) and then you are downed, which one is it???

can I unlock everything playing the game and getting parts or are things reserved for DLC paid with real money?

can you guys tell me what's the go-to gun of the veteran run&gunners?

- When you're in the lobby you see the player ranks. Just back out before the map selection if the levels are too high in comparison to yours. No need to get rekt by level 900 when you're just starting to learn the game.

it has happened once or twice that my team gets absolutely raped but even with high numbers, bad. individualist, selfish players with almost always make a team lose, no matter the levels

- Check out Covert Training, it makes you invisible in enemies' listen mode while you sneak.

I've got this already. related to this, when everybody is a veteran, isn't listening almost pointless? It's rare to find a white glowing enemy near me, even though they are there, they all crouch/slow-walk and use covert training 2 or 3, listening near the enemy= kind of pointless.

- Check out the sharpshooter skill (level 3), it reduces the aim wobbling while receiving damage, so you have a higher chance of winning 1 on 1 shoot-outs even when you get hit.

haven't found the usefulness of this but will give it a try, I always, no exception, die on a 1vs1 encounter, I am several months of practice away from guys that change weapons immediately, incredibly fast (under pressure I can't even choose the right weapon as quickly, I get overwhelmed). those fuckers move while aiming and shooting, it means they are pressing L2 to point their gun, L2 to move, R2 to aim and R1 to shoot... what the fuck, I will never ever have that coordination. I stand still when I shoot, which makes me dead meat right there.

- First Aid skill 1 is almost mandatory in all loadouts.

I've come to terms that I will never been a good downer/executer so I rack points having first Aid Skill 3 and it has worked well so far, I try to give support to teammates staying behind. Very often they get downed in confrontation even if they won so I revive them very quickly.

- Keep the easy Missions for 100% risk challenges (like healing, marking, or giving presents to teammates with crafter 2/3), Dont waste them on 60% missions, since the minimum goes up each time you completed a challenge.

yeah, I got this right on my first journey with the hunters.

^ I second using covert training, it's also amazing to use with a bow if you have it. The bow takes some skill to use but it's probably my favorite weapon in MP .

yeah but it's very hard to use for me. Everyone is always moving very fast, I don't think I will ever make good use of this, same with the Sniper Rifle, I thought it could be a good idea to hide and headshot from afar. pointless, everyone is undercover, or moving or out of sight. no one stays put and visible for more than 2 seconds

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
most guys use this gun (rifle? can't distinguish) with silencer that shoots 3 times very quickly in sucession (it sounds pew pew pew! lol) and then you are downed, which one is it???

Sound like you are talking about the Burst Rifle. 1 Burst = 3 Shots, which can result in this:
2 Bodyshots + 1 Headshot = Down
3 Headshots = instant execution

can I unlock everything playing the game and getting parts or are things reserved for DLC paid with real money?
Most things can be unlocked, except for a few skills/weapons that are dlc exclusive (people like to call that pay2win, but except for the retarded bomb expert skill none of them are really that powerful).
can you guys tell me what's the go-to gun of the veteran run&gunners?
From my competitive experience since launch its usually these 3:
Semi Auto Rifle (3 Bodyshots = down, 1 Bodyshot + 1 Headshot = down)
Hunting Rifle (1 Headshot = down)
Burst Rifle (see question 1)

paired with either the Revolver (3 Bodyshots = down) or the 9mm

Since Naughty Dog added the tactical Shotgun that has ridiculous damage/ to distance, you see a lot of average/ mediocre players getting a lot of downs (2 bodyshots = down) that require no skill, therefore there is a lot of hate for the tactical shotgun in the community, but if you're facing good players/ teams this weapon becomes inferior in comparison to the 3 mentioned above.

it has happened once or twice that my team gets absolutely raped but even with high numbers, bad. individualist, selfish players with almost always make a team lose, no matter the levels
Of course high levels can suck too, but what i meant is, you will have a better experience when you're playing with people around your level, since they are most likely beginners too.

I've got this already. related to this, when everybody is a veteran, isn't listening almost pointless? It's rare to find a white glowing enemy near me, even though they are there, they all crouch/slow-walk and use covert training 2 or 3, listening near the enemy= kind of pointless.
Advanced players usually dont use covert training, they rely on gun skill, teamplay and cover. They prefer to spend the loadout points for other things and only crouch walk sometimes to stay behind cover, they dont' care if you can see them through listening mode. So its just a tool to locate the enemies movement and to prevent getting rushed from behind.

Quick question, im back playing the multiplayer, if I lose all my people or complete a journey do I get to keep all my loadout points and unlocks I have got or does it reset?

My first match on last night and my team got destroyed! They were all over us, I think we only killed 2 people between our team.

Backed out and got a new team and it was more of a level playing field. Just managed to get the 1 kill before the match ended and avoided getting my clan wiped out.

Vaga

Nah I went in solo, which is imo the worst way to play this game.

Lone wolf here and it depends. Haven't played in a long while but I remember hated being near the team because of the noise they made giving away our position. Usually I just hang back a bit or try to flank the point where the teams would eventually meet.

In general if you're a newbie yeah stick with the team but once you get a hang of the maps and spawn points start exploring by yourself.

Dammit now I started watching some of my almost 2 years old footage and can't wait to get home to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IseT24N_Rw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc_iJcUimA0

So about weapons, I usually use the semi-auto but it's too weak so I try to get the shotgun as purchasable and have managed to land downs with a one-shot close-range hit. I am still at a great disadvantage though, most guys use this gun (rifle? can't distinguish) with silencer that shoots 3 times very quickly in sucession (it sounds pew pew pew! lol) and then you are downed, which one is it???

3xPew it's the silenced semi-auto rifle aka the best weapon in the game. It's extremely deadly after you upgrade it a couple times. Add the revolver and you have the most powerful combination imo, forget about pay2win DLC (fuck you ND). Oh and I forgot what the name was but make sure to get that skill that heals you when you melee, it will help you a lot in punch out combat. Other than that keep quiet, listen and keep'em coming!

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Lone wolf here and it depends. Haven't played in a long while but I remember hated being near the team because of the noise they made giving away our position. Usually I just hang back a bit or try to flank the point where the teams would eventually meet.
In general if you're a newbie yeah stick with the team but once you get a hang of the maps and spawn points start exploring by yourself.

I think what they meant is that the best way to play TLOU factions is with friends. Going in alone with randoms can be very frustrating, even if you stay away from the team.

Vaga

Åesop;219948152 said:
I think what they meant is that the best way to play TLOU factions is with friends. Going in alone with randoms can be very frustrating, even if you stay away from the team.

Missed the part about real friends, yeah I guess that would be the case. Not an option for me I'm a loner in RL also so fuck it I've adapted to randoms in any game. Can't say that I mind though, at least I know I can't rely on anyone but myself haha.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Missed the part about real friends, yeah I guess that would be the case. Not an option for me I'm a loner in RL also so fuck it I've adapted to randoms in any game. Can't say that I mind though, at least I know I can't rely on anyone but myself haha.

There are a lot of people like you running around online. Just add a bunch of other loners and you will most likely enjoy it even more

sphinx

the piano man
I was always a loner and had fun for the most part.

the reference to playing lego was because that's what happened to me :)

I was getting killed left and right and all of a sudden, after a match, I see a pop-up saying I was invited to a group and a guy told me to "go play lego loser", that all I do is help the enemy.

I was sad :(

Filben

Do people still play this on the PS3? I rarely switch my PS4 on and don't want to pay for a PSN Plus membership just to play TLoU. Would undust my PS3 if there are still people playing it on a trusty PS3.

Airan

Got this on the PS4 thanks to the sale about a week ago on PSN. Amazingly tense MP. Seems I found this thread at the right time and have been digesting all the tips but I haven't found the answer to one question - is there a minimum distance to appearing on the radar if you're running? I see a lot of people sprinting to get to the first toolbox at the start of the match and I was wondering if the enemy sees that.

sphinx

the piano man
Got this on the PS4 thanks to the sale about a week ago on PSN. Amazingly tense MP. Seems I found this thread at the right time and have been digesting all the tips but I haven't found the answer to one question - is there a minimum distance to appearing on the radar if you're running? I see a lot of people sprinting to get to the first toolbox at the start of the match and I was wondering if the enemy sees that.

the enemy is too far away rushing to their toolbox too so at that point noone is seeing anyone else in the radar.

Sdevil

Neo Member
Hey ppl. Found this topic when browsing the web trying to solve a connection error - the netcode and P2P nature of the game combines for some really bad experiences at times.

What Aesop posted above I mostly agree with. Especially about the burst rifle aka the god gun. Just aome stuff I wanted to add after reading through some of the thread for new players.

Level doesnt matter after a certain point. Once you get all 13 loadout points its just gravy from there.

This game has a very steep learning curve and it can be separated into "Gun/Combat mechanics" and "Situational Awareness".

The former is just learning how to shoot, when to engage, how the guns work and the sounds they make, and how perks interact with some guns. Most people get better with this overtime and I think this is where the notion that "higher level = better player" comes from. You loae a lot of fire fights at first because you just dont know about little things like the revolver and semi-auto suffering heavy accuracy penalties while moving whereas the tax and burst rifle can be conpensated for. However...

Situational Awareness is really what makes players good. Even if you're new to the game, good sense and team fighting tactics makes you way more valuable than the level 400 person running around trading interrogations. Not everyone becomes good enough at this. Where teammates are, how they died, where they spawned, what guns everyone is using, READING THE MAP, the interrogation/supply count, cover fire and such. There are plenty of high level trash players in Interrogation that you'll steam right over even in pubs once you get good at this.

Other random thoughts:

K/D isnt that important but you should really try to avoid dying in bad ways ie far away from the team or chasing people into an ambush. This is more important on Supply Raid and Survivors than Interrogation(the second half).

Speaking of game modes imo interrogation is where you want to play if you want the most skilled matchups or a chance at not raging (so much). Even with a bad team you have limited control on the outcome and their deaths dont always directly hurt you like in Supply Raid. Survivors is also very good if you want to learn to actually flank and play tactical.

You respawn at every 20 second mark of the clock. :)00, 20, 40) so kill people right before this so their death animation ends on it or right after to max their spawn time.

Also there are ways to flank and interrogate. Never ever flank "the long way". The way maps are designed there are usually 3 paths (middle and the sides) in a way. You always want to flank in a way that either your team can directly cover you with a Hunting rifle/variable or that if they get in a fire fight you are close enough to get there quickly. If you die somewhere that the team cant cover you its usually a bad death. So take Bills Town for instance. If your team is moving on the top level of the building with the giant sign you want to be below them near stairs, outside on the ambulance or in the street where they can see you, or even on the midle catwalk. If you're across the street in the other building and cant cover your team its usually bad news.

Dying. If you get downed crawl in to a teammate's Line of Sight so they have a shot at denying the interrogation.

If an enemy is busy reviving their teammate while you are downed crawl away, crawl near a bomb. If you know you will go down lay a bomb on the floor so they cant get the interrogation without going down themselves.

If an enemy is hiding behind cover and you have a teammate with you one of you should rush while the other covers him. The enemy might get one of you down but chances are slim both of you are going down. Obviously a shotgun or someone with very good aim for headshots makes this different.

When an enemy goes down and your ally starts interrogating cover him or her. Dont go to the supply box and leave them, dont go off healing - secure the interrogation first.

If a teammate goes down dont ever ever multi revive unless you are 100% sure every enemy is dead. One person revives, everyone else covers.

Tac shotgun isnt OP. Burst Rifle +SS3 is. Cheap to upgrade and is the only thing in the game close to god mode as you dont flinch and get 75 health back with the down+auto execute. Can actually fight 3 people in the open and have a shot at winning - no other gun can do this.

Theres a bug for healing in the game. If you have FA2 or 3 hold R2 and X for speed healing on allies.

Covert 3 is a really overrated skill. I almost always urge people to do Covert 2 + Strategist as you play better people. Knowing when you're marked is a good thing. That said Covert is overused but isnt really a necessity imo.

If you're new to sniping put Strat 1 on. Youll be surprised at how well you learn to avoid being headshot, and how to counter other snipers. Get good with shoulder swapping, pre aiming, and drag shotting and youll run wild.

Have fun ppl!

Indeed. Found a match pretty fast but unfortunately my PS3 froze completely after just 10 minutes of gameplay. Is it normal for TLoU to freeze on a PS3? Haven't notice such thing in the singleplayer mode.
It can take a toll on it. I'm pretty sure it killed my PS3 fat a few years ago, but freezing doesn't usually happen.

Gray Matter

If it would be Åesop that would bump this thread...

i miss this game so much, I hope that the sequel has a MP just as good, if not better.

If it would be Åesop that would bump this thread...

i miss this game so much, I hope that the sequel has a MP just as good, if not better.

I hadn't even put a thought to the fact that they'll probably do MP for Part II. I can't wait to see how they improve on the model from TLOU, could be an incredible time sink.

Top Bottom