• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

LoveCake

How do you catch bee's, the normal ones?

I have knocked a couple of hives from trees but the bees always sting me before I can catch one.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

I have knocked a couple of hives from trees but the bees always sting me before I can catch one.

Just have to have your net ready. Run away, press the d-pad, turn around, net.

I ran upwards so the bees would be off frame, then faced my mayor straight down with my net ready so as soon as they came into frame I was ready.

yrNKXAT.gif

LoveCake

Just have to have your net ready. Run away, press the d-pad, turn around, net.

I ran upwards so the bees would be off frame, then faced my mayor straight down with my net ready so as soon as they came into frame I was ready.

I managed to catch one :D

Also today I got my fourth year anniversary present!

Four years, I don't know it seems longer I think, I had never played an AC game before, I only got AC:NL as it was in a Nintendo deal where you buy three 3DS games and register them and you can claim a digital one for free, it was the only game I liked the look of out of the ones I could choose from, now I love it, I still have a few of the original villagers, even some of the ones I am not that keen on I don't really want to let go.

Here is the anniversary present, it's a Sapling Clock.

Unicorn

Finally got good at puzzle league and unlocked all the items. Just have "kinda hard mode" left, but mainly wanted the fairy outfit.

Onto Island Escape which is actually a fantastic game!

Man, oh man I hope in the next game I can challenge my neighbors to chess or checkers or go with the in-game furniture items. Heck, even a public works project for a checker/chess board to challenge on certain times or dates would be amazing. And of course pvp with actual people too. They really need to up the meta level games. So much replay value there.

Anyone have the spotpass or regional items they can share? Mainly zodiac, astrology items and the Japanese wearable oni masks?

Unicorn

Man, $60 for a Welcome Amiibo card pack on Amazon. Should have bought way more packs during christmas. Didn't think they would die out so quickly from production. Maybe I should just invest in an NFC chip to spoof various characters, but half the fun was having the card with the art.

Fuck this scorpion hunt. Four hours just wandering around town listening intently to my earbuds. I've seen ONE and it ran into the water.

EDIT: Coming here to complain was the right move. I moved ten steps and there she was. Caught!

Don't forget bug off tomorrow morning ACGAF!

Unicorn

Man, I knew this already, but the Golden Net doesn't even look bigger than the silver net. in OG AC the difference was really noticeable.

LoveCake

Started playing the Stalk Market a few months ago, I usually have to buy around the 90-100 range and when I go and check the prices in the morning and afternoon they are always lower and they keep going down so I always have to sell at a loss, then today in the morning it was 73 then in the afternoon that were 534! I have never seen it that high before, I sold the 1000 turnips I had a few days ago for 85 :mad:

Robin64

Niraj, your consistency with posting that never fails to impress me. And it's damn useful, too, thanks for always doing it!

Niraj

Niraj, your consistency with posting that never fails to impress me. And it's damn useful, too, thanks for always doing it!

Sure thing. I know there are still people who haven't caught everything, so it's the least I can do.

LoveCake

Actually made some money on the Stalk Market, paid £93 and sold for £491 today!

Is there a way to see how much you have made so I know how much more is required to get the badge?

I agree and also thank Niraj.

I still have quite a few to get myself, the problem I have is that hardly any of the ones I need ever show up.

milkham

I finally got around to installing the update
XgPKvdD.png

There are some new people in town, I can't remember who they replaced
I15ZlCG.jpg
Fkh9HyY.jpg

I left the place a dump with items all over the floor
Jk2WeqB.jpg
b8ycqgu.jpg

I can't remember why I left anything the way it is!

Jacknapes

Finally got 4 passes on the Gracie fashion check, so getting the final T+T store update over the next few days. Got a lot of clothes i bought just to pass the check, so i'm off to sell most of it. Least i can rebuy via the T+T store order machine if needs be.

milkham

But what if you do?

I don't! I might swing by the Nintendo store this weekend and see how the 2ds xl feels, but I don't!

Are there any new badge or bugs or fish that were introduced to obsess over? Or is it just new furniture?

Robin64

I don't! I might swing by the Nintendo store this weekend and see how the 2ds xl feels, but I don't!

Are there any new badge or bugs or fish that were introduced to obsess over? Or is it just new furniture?

New furniture mostly, but holy crap there's a lot.

There's a ton of exclusive stuff to get from amiibo visitors, check this out:

http://andromea.tumblr.com/campground

"Items listed with an asterisk (*) are newly added with the Welcome Amiibo update and are not orderable from the catalog."

milkham

New furniture mostly, but holy crap there's a lot.

There's a ton of exclusive stuff to get from amiibo visitors, check this out:

http://andromea.tumblr.com/campground

"Items listed with an asterisk (*) are newly added with the Welcome Amiibo update and are not orderable from the catalog."

oh god I was just thinking i'd throw everything away and not worry about having things that are not orderable by the catalog anymore

Robin64

oh god I was just thinking i'd throw everything away and not worry about having things that are not orderable by the catalog anymore

On the plus side, we got a massive storage upgrade with the update too. For 160,000 bells, you can now upgrade your home with a secret storage compartment that holds up to 360 items.

Oh speaking of home, you're going to love that they brought over the Happy Home Designer method of decorating. It's SO much better. (You unlock this feature when you buy the Secret Storage)

Niraj

But...what if?

I got my first Stalk Market badge today :D

How do I know how many Bells I have made on the Stalk Market?

Just have to keep track yourself

LoveCake

I really hope the next Animal Crossing game will have stats available to keep you informed better

Well idk, I will never leave Oak Leaf (my village) I will never move to a new AC game, this is the first one I have ever played and it will be the last, however I do know that a day will come where my 3DS fails (I have a new spare) and that will be that and my favorites like Bluebear, Filbert and Sampson will be gone forever, I have played every day for at least one hour a day since I got the game.

The only way I will move to a new AC game is if I can port my existing villagers to the new game.

It's cumulative profit made from selling turnips: 500k, 3 million, 10 million

Ok thank you, I must have made the $500k then, well I made about $1.5m I think.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I am wondering if Stardew Valley made them rethink some things about the new game.

I was just thinking : the mobile game is supposed to come out in 2017 right ? There are only 4 months left and still nothing concrete. Isn't it a bit...weird ? I'm not really familiar with mobile games and maybe the promo cycle is shorter for mobile releases, I don't know

I've totaly dropped NL after many hours on it (more than 300 hours, my most played game ever) and can't wait to know the future of this IP.

Robin64

Animal Crossing Mobile was delayed a few times (once to slot in Super Mario Run), but Reggie insist it will still hit before the end of 2017. I'm honestly just expecting something like Happy Home Designer, maybe with a slow unlocking process, rather than a full-blown AC that some people seem to be expecting.

Robin64

So tomorrow, September 2nd, is Labor Day for US towns. So those of us in Europe are gonna be knocking down some US doors to get that picnic basket if we don't have it already.

Top Bottom