• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Gray Matter

gyPGbPT.png

This is my first OT so go easy on me GAF :)

note: if you want to add gaffers please sign up in the google doc, it's easier that way.

For those of you who did not know, TLoU does include a well thought out and entertaining multiplayer mode (called factions). it is nothing like you have played before, it requires a lot of teamwork and communication to win.

The multiplayer features a 4v4 with 3 games modes options, the modes are:

• Supply raid- Probably the most familiar game mode to player. Supply raid gives each team 20 re-spawns per match, give the objective to eliminate the enemy team as quickly as possible.
  • Survivors- Survivors gets a little tricky, it features a best of seven series. there are no respawns, once you die in a round, you're out until the next one starts. the first team to reach 4 wins, wins the game.
  • Interrogation- Now it gets even more tricky with this mode. the objective is to find and open the enemy lockbox. to do so, you must complete interrogations, which is the same as special exception in the other two modes, the only difference is that in interrogation, they last longer, so be careful with your surroundings before interrogating an enemy. after your team has successfully completed 5 interrogations, the enemy lockbox will appear on the map, the next step is to open the box. the first team to open it, wins.

factions has sort of a "story". There is a 12 week cycle that you must survive through in order to complete the "story". during the 12 weeks you will gain survivors by earning parts, parts are earned by competing in matches, the more survivors you gain the more parts that you will need. There will also be challenges along the way that require you to meet a certain of kills, downs, revives, among others. Some of these challenges will be good for and some will be bad. The good one, if completed add survivors to your clan, while the bad ones will kill survivors if not completed. As the weeks go by, the challenges intensify.

Besides some basic information about factions, I wanted to make a thread for newcomers and veterans alike to share info and play together. It can be called TLoU GAF clan. you can add me on PSN, see you online!

also, big thanks to Spine_Ripper for the OT tittle and Tagg9 for the artwork.

How I do for my first OT? not bad I hope ;)

170521i2FF26E1D5230C04B

9nUiLA9.gif

10679324365_fe1380e6d2_z.jpg

the-last-of-us-multiplayer-9.jpg

10932718294_4fa0f23e88_z.jpg

apologies if the pics are too big/small. i usually use GAF mobile and the desktop site is completely different to use.

New MP DLC revealed http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/07/22/how-the-last-of-us-remastered-enhances-multiplayer/#sf3807724

14523617317_5822283600_o.jpg

14709772162_8070dacab8_o.jpg

update #2

mrklaw made a new PSN account, NeoGAF_TLoU. Follow it to see who is playing the MP and add them. There should also be a google doc coming.

Thanks to those helping making this easier for all of us.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Pf8WhQwIMqyfl-UKHOyhMEWW5nHeOvI36gKJMbPj3DQ/viewform

And check out everyone else https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/tZyP86p6o0cBkJs8_5w0YeQ/htmlview?pli=1

As requested here are tips and advice for beginners.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/A-Beginner-s-Guide-to-The-Last-of-Us-Factions/td-p/41113153

One week i was fine 120 in my camp.

A week later they all died because i could not kill enough people.

This is my story.

Tagg9

Great tagline! Those bloody noobs and their constant running...

/edit: BTW, I can make an OT graphic for you later if you're interested?

Moofers

I forget, what's Polygon's stance on P's and frames these days? Will the Remastered score be higher or lower because of the increase in both?

In all seriousness, I can't fucking wait for this to finally hit. I wanted this shit TWO MONTHS AGO. I'm READY. GIVE IT!

TLOU was my most played game in 2013 by far. I sold my PS3 copy when the Remaster was announced and I've been itching and jonesing to play it ever since. I should have just hung onto it and had two copies, but I wanted Wolfenstein and Target had that triple trade value deal at the time.

I'm going to play the shit out of this. I already did Survivor + on PS3, so I'll definitely do a Grounded and Grounded + run this time, plus I want a commentary run as well, so I might kick down to Hard so its a bit less intense. Plus, there's that multiplayer. Man oh man. I was straight up HOOKED on that last summer. I obsessed over it for like 3 months straight. Really enjoyed trying to get my clan population up to record levels too. My best was about 121 I think. Can't wait to get back into this again. It makes me feel like I won't need to buy any other games until the end of Fall. I sure didn't need any last year when I was playing it.

Superflat

Now that I secured a PS4 at last, I'm confident that I'll be getting TLOUR day one!

I played a couple hours of MP on the PS3 and had fun, but I ultimately sucked at it and just moved on. But the renewed enthusiasm from the community makes me want to give it another go and maybe get over the difficulty hump.

Cornbread78

That first post... Must become a tag for him somehow...

On the flip side, Enjoy the game newbies to PS4 or the game itself, it's a completely unforgetable experience...

sjay1994

Even though I played TLoU on PS3, I never really touched the MP. Am I in for a treat?

well, I liked the MP more than SP. So yes. You are in for your favorite thing to eat double dipped in something else you really like to eat, and it tastes amazing.

This is the first game where I was literally counting down the hours at work so I could come home and play the multiplayer. Can't wait!

i loved this multiplayer in the beginning, I played the shit out of it. Then people realized how OP the bow and arrow was, so almost everyone in every match I played was just running around with that, so I dropped that. Does anyone know if they ever fixed that thing, or is it still OP as hell.

Always seems to happen with ND mp, one thing is so good it pretty much ruins the mp

Gaz_RB

Definitely looking forward to linking up with some of you guys for multiplayer. I plan on putting a lot of time into the game in the absence of the Destiny beta.
Hype!

This game has one of the best and unique shooter multiplayer's in recent years, thank goodness for TLOU: Remastered because otherwise I don't think I'd be able to survive August without the Destiny Beta.

Voorhees

Make sure to link it with your Facebook account for hilarity, It populates your camp with the names of your friends/family.

John Doe is cutting wood.

Jane Doe is planting daisies.

Jim Smith is hungry.

Gaz_RB

Make sure to link it with your Facebook account for hilarity, It populates your camp with the names of your friends/family.

Jim Smith is hungry.

Seriously, do this. I was hesitant because it's Facebook, but this is all it does and it is too funny.

Gestault

Not sure I'm getting what the title is referring to...

A lot of times, people don't understand that the personal challenges in their lives will feel exactly like their fears, even when confronting it would be necessary to grow into the person they want to be. People will run from important connections, events and things that might enrich them, simply because it seems uncomfortable or frightening in the moment. Our impulse is to minimize pain, inside or out, so it can seem like the right thing to do. OP cares about us. He wants us to know that running isn't always the answer.

Moofers

This is that multiplayer game where I don't even get mad when I lose or die. Its pretty exhilarating to be the last one on my team and be outnumbered as I try to take as many enemies with me as possible before I am killed. That magic 1v4 victory is always soo incredibly satisfying too.

I look forward to being the guy on the team who talks to his teammates and shows the ropes to the new players. I really enjoyed teaching when I could on the PS3 version. I'm not usually an amazing player in shooters, I'm mostly competent, but TLOU is that game where I can play really well and be the best guy in the room. Its fun to play that part and go into a game with weak teammates and not care because if they want to follow my lead, we'll do great and they'll learn.

My advice to the new folks: Take it slow, observe as much as you can, pay attention to the angles and bottlenecks, and watch to see where other players seem to go at the start of the round. Are you not seeing enemies right away? That's probably because they are gathering crafting materials. You can maybe get the jump on one or two by skipping your own gathering and running up the field (carefully, mind you) to shoot at them with a silent semi-auto and maybe put the odds in your team's favor early in the round.

The Lakeside Lodge (is that what its called? The snow map) is a great example of how you can run up a short ways and take cover just to watch where the other team is going across the map. Are they breaking left? Maybe then you go right and gather stuff unobstructed. Or maybe you take half your team left and the other half up the middle to flank from behind? There's all kinds of options, but regardless of what you do, its just good to know where the enemy is. Get in the habit of looking at everything, all the time.

And remember your ABC's: Always. Be. Crafting! Sometimes it pays to skip crafting and put on that early pressure, but most often you'll fall back at some point and then its time to craft whatever you can. And if you can equip that perk where you give your teammates gifts for every 2 or 3 items you craft, DO IT! That stuff is life-giving! (or taking! lol)

Can't wait for this. Meet you all out there!

GavinUK86

Jim Smith is hungry.

Seriously, do this. I was hesitant because it's Facebook, but this is all it does and it is too funny.

Name all your Facebook friends after Pokemon. It's even funnier.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
So looking forward to this! Do people actually communicate in the online multiplayer? Seems there's barely any communication in any of the online games anymore.

esterk

I missed out on MP on PS3 so I'm pretty pumped to try this out. Heard a lot of good things and it seems fun.

Top Bottom