• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Thread - Now in HD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shabutaro

have we seen any Wii U hardware Commercials on Television yet? (I don't have cable/or watch tv)

it's like they don't even have to advertise this thing because it is already sold out

From what ive been reading it seems more like nintendo is bottle necking supply to create more demand, but its all hearsay id say.

It has been mainly from hands on reports and use, I beleive.

Also Nintendo hasn't said they are analog when detailing the controller specs. If they were, they would probably describe/list them as such.

Maybe nintendo will surprise us on release day??

Hiltz

have we seen any Wii U hardware Commercials on Television yet? (I don't have cable/or watch tv)

it's like they don't even have to advertise this thing because it is already sold out

Nintendo and retailers haven't shown any tv commercials yet. That should naturally change soon enough.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Guys, Completely random, But what do you think the Wii U's marketing slogan, ad theme song should be?

The Wii U will be a must have gift for Christmas so...

"Wii Wish U A Merry Christmas"
Set to the tune of the carol with lyrics such as: "Good tidings we bring, to all our Pikmin...."

Meelow

Banned
It seems the Wii U branded Wiimotes are already available.

http://gengame.net/2012/09/wii-u-branded-wii-remote-plus-spotted-at-walmart/

092412_171300.jpg

Guys, Completely random, But what do you think the Wii U's marketing slogan, ad theme song should be?

One of our posters in the old spec threads had what I thought was a great idea for part of the ad campaign. Guy sitting on his couch playing a game (like maybe Madden or Aliens) and his wife comes in the room and says "Hey dear, it's time for my movie." Guy: "Sure, sweety." (zooms in on the guy pushing the home button and then continuing to play the game on the pad):

"Wii U: The game never ends."

Or (my idea for a slogan) "Wii U: It's only Game Over until you say so."

NOA marketing peeps, steal this!

Meelow

Banned
Im getting deluxe but I want one of those 2 colors for the hell of it. Plus it would be nice to have WiiU something in my room early lol.

Than get Black and Blue/White, I agree it would be nice to have Wii U something before it's released, I have the pre order receipt which is the closest thing lol.

AzaK

<warps back to the 80's>

Don't get mad
Just break out the
Game - Pad!

Mum smiles from the kitchen as dad puts his feet up, turns on the news and the kids start gaming on the GamePad.

Tehalemi

"Get a Wii U on Black Friday, and we'll supply each and every system with your very own bodyguard---

Chimp.jpg

---so you can have a 5% better chance of getting out of whatever hell hole of a store you got your crazy ass into that day...you fucknut..."

"Buy our console kids!!!"

IEqim.png

BY2K

Membero Americo
On the topic of region-lock, I wouldn't be surprised if all major consoles were region-locked next-gen.

The Vita is, but there's a way around it, but it will cost you. The PS3 is optional, same for the 360.

So all consoles being 100% region-locked wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Meelow

Banned
On the topic of region-lock, I wouldn't be surprised if all major consoles were region-locked next-gen.

The Vita is, but there's a way around it, but it will cost you. The PS3 is optional, same for the 360.

Do you think some of the people that over reacted on the Wii U thread will react the same if the PS4 and Xbox 720 does it as well?

nordique

Was finally able to preorder a Wii U today

should still be good for preorder in Canada, for those who have not yet but want to

Hobby

Yeah I thought about connecting Wii U's for a second there. Would be nice though, so you can have more Pads connected, some game should do that, you wouldn't even need the many TVs which normally made that impossible.

Right I forgot to quote that back then.
I mean, you're correct of course and that's how I read it, but since they said '&#21512;&#12431;&#12379;&#12390;' if you don your ultra-optimistic goggles they meant 'matched up to' as in increased the res.
But as for now expect 720p.

btw. google translate is again amazing 'graphic definition of vinegar has been greatly improved' all is well people, our vinegar will be as high def as possible!
Yeah. I was actually going to mention the &#12395;&#21512;&#12431;&#12379;&#12390; part, but even with ultra optimistic goggles donned, the quote, to me at least, still reads like, "Graphics have been optimized in accordance with Wii U, which supports up to 1080p resolution".
&#26368;&#22823;&#12391;1920×1080&#12489;&#12483;&#12488;&#65288;1080p&#65289;&#35299;&#20687;&#24230;&#12391;&#12398;&#20986;&#21147;&#12395;&#23550;&#24540;&#12377;&#12427;Wii U&#12395;&#21512;&#12431;&#12379;&#12390;&#12464;&#12521;&#12501;&#12451;&#12483;&#12463;&#12473;&#12434;&#26368;&#36969;&#21270;&#12375;&#12390;&#12365;&#12383;
I seriously don't even know how you'd manage to get vinegar out of that, haha.

jacksrb

Al of them except the DK one and other single player games. Only the motion plus is compatible.

I asked D-e-f this today, but I haven't seen or heard this explicitly.

Can you provide a concrete source?

It would seem to me that wm+ would only be used on:
- Metroid Blast
- Zelda Battle Quest

While these wouldn't seem to make any use of it:
- Mario Chase
- Animal Crossing: Sweetest Day
- Luigi's Ghost Mansion
- Pikmin Adventure

I would assume all the 6 single player games would only use the GamePad.

bomma_man

Do you think some of the people that over reacted on the Wii U thread will react the same if the PS4 and Xbox 720 does it as well?

Yes, particularly with the PS3. I agree that Nintendo gets unjustly shat upon sometimes (Bayonetta lol) but region locking is fucking bullshit anyway you spin it.

Javier

Wait, is it confirmed that WiiU only supports Wii Motion Plus? I have five Wiimotes, but only two of them are M+.

Because I see no reason NSMBU can't be played with a regular WiiMote.

What if MiiVerse was unlimited in the number of friends you could follow?

more like twitter/facebook you could follow people like:

Iwata
Reggie
Kamiya
+ other devs and industry folks

is it if a full social network?

ohlawd

someone in the Bayonetta 2 thread made a brilliant suggestion:

While playing Bayonetta 2, the GamePad will feature a live feed of Kamiya's twitter.

madmackem

360 isnt really optional, it has a region lock on it just some devs dont use it could be what happens with wii u.

someone in the Bayonetta 2 thread made a brilliant suggestion:

While playing Bayonetta 2, the GamePad will feature a live feed of Kamiya's twitter.

OS level integration or bust! :p

As for a slogan... They should just pla Bayonetta 2 trailers on TV with the slogan:

"UMadBro??"

Brizzo24

Can you bring the Wii U Game Pad on the go? For example, download SNES/NES games from the Virtual Console and then take them with you when you travel as if it were a gameboy? I heard you could do this...from friends.

Can you bring the Wii U Game Pad on the go? For example, download SNES/NES games from the Virtual Console and then take them with you when you travel as if it were a gameboy? I heard you could do this...from friends.

No. You must be within range of the console.
A conservative estimate is 8 meters, I believe.

No, it does not have a processor to do this. What would be interesting was if you could go over to a friends house and play VC games from the cloud or even your own Wii U games from the cloud. This seems way too forward thinking for Nintendo though especially with the term "wii mode" being thrown around for VC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom