• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Big Planet VITA street date removed...avail. NOW!

Thanks for the updates man, much appreciated.

Keep a close eye on that EB flagship store. Guy said they weren't receiving any more shipments today and as I was walking out the UPS guy was walking in with boxes. I didn't have time to deal with it so I'll call back later tonight.

Trevelyan

Banned
Just picked mine up at Gamestop here in Palo Alto. Last one they had as well. So excited for this especially since I took off the entirety of next week. Great way to end the summer. =)

As cool as it is that they are breaking street date, running around looking for stock reminds me of life before most games had street dates. You'd basically sit around and wait to see if you're store got it in today. Sometimes they wouldn't get it until Wednesday. Sometimes you got lucky and they had it on Friday. I prefer the set street date.

KalBalboa

Banned
This also might be a move to curb Vita trade-ins this weekend for Wii-U preorders and Borderlands 2 purchases.

Only Gamestop is doing this.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Damn!

I have mine pre-ordered with Amazon, and I don't really want to give GameStop money, and I did buy Arma 2: CO today for some Dayz, but it's LittleBigPlanet Vita! One of the main reasons why I wanted a Vita this year (and Uncharted and Gravity Rush). Still, I think I can wait the two weeks for release. I have a ton of PS1, PSP, PS3, and Vita games to play in the meantime.

*sad face*

Cornbread78

As cool as it is that they are breaking street date, running around looking for stock reminds me of life before most games had street dates. You'd basically sit around and wait to see if you're store got it in today. Sometimes they wouldn't get it until Wednesday. Sometimes you got lucky and they had it on Friday. I prefer the set street date.

ahh, the epic NES SMB2 search... such a long time ago

KalBalboa

Banned
So any official word on why The street date has been broken for you lucky Americans?

No official word, but my theory is that it was to curb Vita trade-ins towards Wii-Us and Bordlerands 2 this weekend.

Kinda. We were talking about the Wii-U has a confusingly low amount of built-in storage compared to the launch PS3 and 360 units from over six years ago which parlayed into which company has done the best for the consumer in terms of storage media. I pointed out how the Vita is really the first time Sony's ever really been so stingy on first-party memory, especially when you look at how good the PS3 was when it came to hard drives, using any format of media for storage, etc. It escalated quickly so I just took my game and went back to my job.

Is anyone able to connect to the LBP servers? I can't, but I'm not sure if it's the game's fault or my internet connection being weird.

Tobor

No official word, but my theory is that it was to curb Vita trade-ins towards Wii-Us and Bordlerands 2 this weekend.

Kinda. We were talking about the Wii-U has a confusingly low amount of built-in storage compared to the launch PS3 and 360 units from over six years ago which parlayed into which company has done the best for the consumer in terms of storage media. I pointed out how the Vita is really the first time Sony's ever really been so stingy on first-party memory, especially when you look at how good the PS3 was when it came to hard drives, using any format of media for storage, etc. It escalated quickly so I just took my game and went back to my job.

Your theory makes no sense. If you were going to trade the system in, what difference does a game being available make?

KalBalboa

Banned
Your theory makes no sense. If you were going to trade the system in, what difference does a game being available make?

My theory makes plenty of sense.

Little Big Planet Vita's review embargo finally went up and the game received universally positive praise- mainly As and 9s. People have been yearning to play it as the Vita's first "killer app."

Wii-U got a big showing yesterday complete with launch date and price, and within the hour GameStop announced you could get trade-in bonuses for the console. The Vita is having a high turn-over rate, so it's probably the first thing people would trade. I also bet LBP Vita pre-order numbers weren't super high, and perhaps hype would dry up a bit in a few weeks. LBP Vita is the best thing going for Vita right now after Sound Shapes, Gravity Rush, etc, and Sony needs to give people every incentive to keep their consoles NOW so they can buy games in a month or two. LBP Vita will help convince people to hang onto their Vitas.

Look at the fact that Sony is about the announce a new PS3 model and drop prices this week, too. Sony is converging everything they have on attacking the Wii-U launch front-and-center, just look at PlayStation All-Stars.

Just picked it up in Illinois. First time I've been in a GameStop in quite some time. Of course I got the hard pre-order sell for this fall's big games. :/

No online pass code inside the box, but there is a DLC code. That has me worried.

Takao

Banned
Just picked it up in Illinois. First time I've been in a GameStop in quite some time. Of course I got the hard pre-order sell for this fall's big games. :/

yo man i see you buying lbp for vita can i offer you a preorder for halo 4 on xbox 360 it seems like your kind of game

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I got the preorder bonus inside my case despite not preordering. A+

E: Not sure on the details, but the guy at my GameStop said he got a call that Walmart broke street date, and they were instructed to do the same. Not sure how legit that is, but it was his explanation.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Got it as well!

Game is really damn impressive looking on the Vita. While it's not native res they are using some nice AA so it's actually pretty smooth and clean. The framerate is totally consistent thus far and the visuals are right on par with the PS3 version.

Very VERY impressive.

This is the first Vita game in which I feel the addition of touch actually improves the experience. It feels as if it should have been there from the beginning and adds an extra layer to the game.

Grisby

Got it as well!

Game is really damn impressive looking on the Vita. While it's not native res they are using some nice AA so it's actually pretty smooth and clean. The framerate is totally consistent thus far and the visuals are right on par with the PS3 version.

Very VERY impressive.
Dammit.

Well, I'm gonna call again tomorrow. Maybe they'll get a shipment in Monday.

CoilShot

psnisdownlawl.gif

Nice one lol

Got my copy, if there is no online pass then I got wrong info too. Wont open my copy till like tmrw since I have a party to go to tonight. Maybe.

Picked up the game BR, Louisiana.

DuXRx.jpg

I was at best buy putting down my money for the basic WiiU. they didn't have the game in stock. oh well.

Boss Man

Whoa, the jump already seems better compared to LBP PSP and LBP2. And the voice acting in the campaign is awesome.
I've always loved the voice acting. The jump feeling better is a big deal though, I feel like the 'floaty' controls (although way overblown IMO) are the only thing keeping this franchise from being perfect.

faridmon

http://forums.littlebigplanet.com/t...ew-Tools-Features-Tweaks-and-More/td-p/392413

The big ticket items are obviously the tools relating to Vita's new interface goodies - touch screen, rear touch, screen-aligned gyro etc. But also a very notable new logic tool in the memoriser.

If LBP/LBP2 were visual creative tools for the dualshock, LBP Vita is a visual creative tool for the touchscreen - alongside all the other nubbins already present in the other games. In terms of giving the game a different character I think that's more significant than saying it makes it sound. All kinds of app-esque and touch-based toys and games in LBP Vita should be possible.

Thanks, that sound great. If I had a Vita, I would have bought it. Liked it on the PSP, although, I never played it on the PS3.

Boss Man

Honest question: What is the difference between this game and the PS3 version (and the PSP version for that matter)? I know it is a new game, but what does it have that other version doesn't?
I feel like this sort of thinking might really hurt the franchise. I'm not blaming you or anything, because I had the exact same kind of question about LBP2. I enjoyed LBP a lot but I waited a long time before getting LBP2 because I just couldn't imagine what might make a worthwhile sequel. I waited way too long, because LBP2 was incredible even if it was nothing but a new campaign. They added a lot of new tools which opened up a lot of new gameplay opportunities. It's like I just wasn't creative enough to imagine what they could do with a new game.

Top Bottom