• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 full page advert in UK newspaper, "Coming 2013"

Midas

£100 says come the time it'll be delayed in UK/Europe for 2014. Sony never get it right over here.

Yeah, people seem to forget what happened with the EU launch of PS3. SCEE had a huge ad campaign running, probably a lot of money invested in that, and even then PS3 got delayed in Europe. If I remember right their hand was forced by Japan.

There's of course a whole other set of variables involved this time around.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
putting down 100 pounds a month from now. Expecting £350 for the console, The rest is for games, extended warranty, PSN+ and accessories. Will buy at Xmas.

have £300 on a GAME card already, have PS+ until september 2014 (thanks cheap deals Sony!). So my body is pretty much ready. Will be a relief not to have to import again

Mario007

SCEE is powerless in any struggle with Japan as we saw from the ps3 launch. I'm afraid it could happen again. I really hope it won't but I will believe when ps4s are on store shelves.
But right now we have a Welsh guy in charge of SCE. So that means, effectively that Europe>Japan. Japan 2014 launch confirmed!

/jk

My artists impression on the stand in Tesco haha (would have been quicker to take a photo but didn't have my phone on me) :p

oScF8ex.png

It had Killzone, Knack, DriveClub and Infamous, but I can't remember what the other 2 games were or if they were doubled up! I liked the beam coming from the controller light.

The XBone stand in comparison was just a boring green standee with the pre-order now box.

i-Lo

SCEE is powerless in any struggle with Japan as we saw from the ps3 launch. I'm afraid it could happen again. I really hope it won't but I will believe when ps4s are on store shelves.

Well their own reputation is on the line after these kinds of ads. But yea, cautious optimism is the best course of action till more reinforcing evidence comes to light with time.

My artists impression on the stand in Tesco haha (would have been quicker to take a photo but didn't have my phone on me) :p

oScF8ex.png

It had Killzone, Knack, DriveClub and Infamous, but I can't remember what the other 2 games were or if they were doubled up! I liked the beam coming from the controller light.

The XBone stand in comparison was just a boring green standee with the pre-order now box.

I saw something very similar in a GAME window this morning. Will take a pic on my way home from work.

http://i.imgur.com/oScF8ex.png

Tesco?

I haven't lived in the UK for a couple of years now, but I thought all the supermarkets were removing game paraphernalia?

http://i.imgur.com/oScF8ex.png[IMG]

The XBone stand in comparison was just a boring green standee with the pre-order now box.[/QUOTE]

Unless the Tesco stand is slightly different from the GAME ones there should be one cube top left with Assassins Creed Black Flag, one middle right with Drive Club and one bottom left with Knack. There are also posters with Killzone and (I think) Infamous. Sony sent out a bunch of display stuff day and date with the Xbox One event.

DBT85

Yeah, people seem to forget what happened with the EU launch of PS3. SCEE had a huge ad campaign running, probably a lot of money invested in that, and even then PS3 got delayed in Europe. If I remember right their hand was forced by Japan.

There's of course a whole other set of variables involved this time around.

I don't think people forget, I think more just understand why those delays happened. There were massive issues manufacturing diodes for the BluRay drive and Cell chips.

The PS4 ha nothing so complicated.

Still can't preorder on Amazon.

I don't think people forget, I think more just understand why those delays happened. There were massive issues manufacturing diodes for the BluRay drive and Cell chips.

The PS4 ha nothing so complicated.

Still can't preorder on Amazon.

Added to the fact that Sony launching this year and not giving the Xbox any headstart will mean it'll not be playing catch up or losing ground. So it is at their upmost importance to deliver this year and gain more marketshare and have a better chance of taking back the UK.

Shahed

Holy shit, having Kaz Yamauchi doing a lap would be brilliant, lol

Have they ever had someone who can't speak English? Besides as cool as it would be to have him there, he seems too serious for the show. Those are always the worst guests

driver116

Holy shit, having Kaz Yamauchi doing a lap would be brilliant, lol

I don't know, something tells me Kaz is done with Top Gear. Seems the BBC have a deal with Forza - I see tons of Forza promotions posts by Top Gear on Facebook. Also, Clarkson is too obnoxious and arrogant.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
All they need is to screen this tomorrow on Wembley during CL final

or even roll release date

I read that in a mixture of Mr. Drippy's voice and Kaz... Highly disturbing.

Also, Shift+F5 is your friend. (Content-Aware Fill)

That one used the template! I didn't clone stamp it. This is one of my clone stamped ones:

mM6CiHv.jpg

I can't use content aware fill, I don't have Photoshop, only Pixelmator.

Vitter.

What im loving is that from this ad you can see their first focus are gamers.
I hope they show this on the commercial during the game!.

Here my version haha

sonyadforgamers.png

From what I've heard from someone that may be very reliable, Sony has been trying to manufacture these PS4's like crazy in time for this kind of launch. All started with finalizing the hardware as early as last year.

Cornbread78

Judging by PSplus, Europe is the most favorite continent of all for Sony.

Seriously, GTFO.... It's not fair dammit... Now I'm crying and it's all your fault... Why must SCEA suck so bad with PS+

Thank goodness I get a long weekend to sleep it all off!

PS+ 4lyfe...

Carl

Have they ever had someone who can't speak English? Besides as cool as it would be to have him there, he seems too serious for the show. Those are always the worst guests

I don't know, something tells me Kaz is done with Top Gear. Seems the BBC have a deal with Forza - I see tons of Forza promotions posts by Top Gear on Facebook. Also, Clarkson is too obnoxious and arrogant.

Very true. It'd still be pretty cool though.

The BBC always seem to give Microsoft an easy ride as well. I imagine there are plenty of incentives in place between MS and the BBC...

netBuff

From what I've heard from someone that may be very reliable, Sony has been trying to manufacture these PS4's like crazy in time for this kind of launch. All started with finalizing the hardware as early as last year.

With all we've heard so far about Sony's hardware being much farther along and their software development tools being much more mature, it seems like the PS4 is in a much better position than Xbone this time around for a global launch. This is fantastic to hear!

Top Bottom