• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CrowbCat - 5 Years + $40M = ME Andromeda

Toxi

Banned
The best part about the Krogan fight is right after when the winner lectures the loser with a nasally voice.

RoKKeR

Fuck, how bad are the spoilers in this? A few​ minutes in and just saw something I didn't know about. Should I stop now? It's too good!

The Argus

We are giving Frostbite too much credibility. It's a fantastic engine under the right hands. Even DICE struggled getting their pretty looking engine animate right.

EA needs to either stop forcing Frostbite down everyone's throat, or they need to have proper training and learning sessions for all of it's setbacks.
I think every dev so far has failed when using Frostbite for the first time.

Mahonay

Banned
To put it in perspective

sqnpjlu2u5loac38fa5y.gif
I was about to say this is what happens when you force a team to use one particular engine, but then I remembered Bioware did the last Dragon Age game on Frostbite and it came out totally fine.
I think every dev so far has failed when using Frostbite for the first time.
This is the second time for Bioware! And it's worse than the first time.

red731

Dam neck snapping skills. I love how that boss lady went into herself. The Krogan Shia. That fight. How that generic action lady snapped her name. Than....end with logos of dead by EA companies not so much.

giphy.gif

Guys, $40, $80 million, it really doesn't matter. There are animators who did much much better jobs on varieties of different budgets. The fact is Mass Effect is considered one of EAs AAA franchises and they should've cared A LOT more. I've read about it's screwed up development and it really shows. Certain people simply did not care enough to polish this and make it look acceptable to gamers like us.

$40m and all of this shitstorm is worth it for Shia LaBeouf Krogan.

Bioware, you made something magical as a byproduct and you should be proud.

Par Score

Like, at this point, I'm almost over the stupid bugs and absolutely terrible animations. The writing is so painfully bad that it manages to overshadow pretty much everything else in terms of "quality".

The dead eyes are pretty close second I guess.

zma1013

How...how did the game ship like this?

Is this typical for the series? I'm not familiar with it at all.

Not typical. The animation here is awkward and poorly done by any comparison and the written dialog and voicework is bad and doesn't hold a candle to previous Mass Effect games. The characters have historically been the best part of Bioware games and are usually what they excel at.

As for glitches, I think ME games have always been on the buggy side upon initial release but not to the extent we see here I don't believe. This appears to be quite a bit more broken.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Are we sure Bethesda didn't pillage BioWare and left their jank behind

Like you're the keepers now!

Top Bottom