• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Zackat

There's no justifying it if you passed the dollar amount of a console title. Just gotta write it off as a loss and hope you keep enjoying the game long enough to not feel bad about it. At least that's what I tell myself.
I dont mind how much I spend on HotS. It's one of my favorite games. All these online f2p games make it so I only buy a handful of console games for full price a year. I can wait for sales.

scoobs

I dont mind how much I spend on HotS. It's one of my favorite games. All these online f2p games make it so I only buy a handful of console games for full price a year. I can wait for sales.

Ya I'm in the same boat. I buy so few full-priced games these days. I never thought I'd be one of those "whales" for f2p games, but here we are. And the funny thing is, I'm not even mad about it, I plan on buying tons of more shit in this game that a smarter person probably wouldn't. I love skins.

Syf

Banned
Yeah I'm just glad they don't total everything up for you in your bnet order history. I'm seeing a looot of rows there..

scoobs

I kinda wish you could sort by game so you could easily total up how much money you've blown per game lol. God, I have zero remorse for my wallet.

Kioshen

I've looked at my list last year. My jaw dropped when I calculated what I spent on hearthstone and heroes. I pretty much stopped right then and there but then Overwatch came around ... sigh.

Kioshen

If you have spent that much then Alur must be in 4 digits already wow ! I never spent that much on all blizzard's properties combined. (please don't check my steam account however ...)

Milly79

The majority of my money spent was during the early days when I first got into it. I hardly had gold so I bought a lot of heroes and never waited for sales either.

matmanx1

My little noob self finally got the Brawl portrait for doing 3 brawls. I thought I would be terrible and hold my team back but I didn't die once and was getting some excellent damage in and we still managed to lose 2 out of the 3.

Samuro is just mean in this weeks brawl and Thrall was a close second for fun and profit.

Zackat

I've spent 2.5-3k just on WoW over its lifespan. That's over a decade+ though. HotS and, to a lesser extent, OW has taken a bit but nowhere near WoW.

Blizzard too strong. I will need to put my wallet under lock and key if they ever release a fighting game. I'd buy every single skin.

Ketch

Anybody else see grubby just heal his core with Tass leaching plasma? Went from 30% to 40% off two creep waves

Kioshen

My little noob self finally got the Brawl portrait for doing 3 brawls. I thought I would be terrible and hold my team back but I didn't die once and was getting some excellent damage in and we still managed to lose 2 out of the 3.

Samuro is just mean in this weeks brawl and Thrall was a close second for fun and profit.

They seed brawl matches from your quick match mmr so don't be afraid to at least play all three. Win or lose you get rewarded.

Good untalented baseline kit that can self-sustain in random brawls like the punisher one really do well.

Syf

Banned
Didn't realize there's a new site for the HGC. Seems like a nice setup. Finally things will be easy to follow

Alur

re: the spending money on HOTS vs other games discussion. I couldn't respond earlier, but IIRC the last two console games I've purchased were FFXV and MGSV, so that's only two in nearly a year and a half. So yeah, in that way it certainly helps.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
HotS lets me play quick matches online and keep it causal (unlike fighting games) and the only other game that allows for that is Rocket League, so yeah, I barely get normal games anymore. Don't have the time for them even if I did buy them. HotS had also stayed interesting to me so that is enough to justify spending money on it now and then.

Milly79

Okay, so a little update (not afraid to share specifics here like some... ;))

I've spent just shy of $850 since 2/22/15.

Syf

Banned
Fine Milly, I added it all up just for you. My first digital bnet purchase was in 2012 and since then I've spent $1911. That doesn't include all the retail games I bought so. Yeah. Idk how much per game but WoW and HotS are probably the top two because subs and skins

scoobs

The skins in this game are so well designed and badass that it's become increasingly difficult to NOT buy them. Well played Blizz

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just checked and in total I've spent $170 on HotS since I joined in alpha, so I guess I'm stingy compared to some of you. I know I'm rolling with my plan of using gold to have all characters in the two lunar bundles to make them cheaper before I buy them.

The skins in this game are so well designed and badass that it's become increasingly difficult to NOT buy them. Well played Blizz
Seriously the skins are getting so good.

edit: by far the best I've ever done with medivh

gUxIWjr.png

brian!

ok i have been spamming tassadar in ptr and I know the matchmaking in it isnt great but I'm leaning towards tass still being really good

Ketch

As long as your not relying on him to solo support in cases where he shouldn't I don't think Tass could ever be bad. They'd have to nerf his shield and psi storm and E all at the same time.

I kind of feel the same way other posters have talked about Valla these days.

I mean she's a freaking glass cannon and her early damage is so fucking garbage. Your damage doesn't really ramp up until late game and by then it's too late.

Like supposedly Valla was so fking OP so we had re work her. Yet she's still squishy as fuck and yet other chars like ming received extremely minor nerfs and can still dish out a fuck ton of damage.

With Valla you basically have to play perfectly because if anything hits you it takes away half your fucking health.

edit: I mean the whole point of Valla is your supposed to get in, hit hard and get out. You should do high damage with her because your putting yourself at a greater risk than mages with valla's low health and poor range until 20. Yet mages can do what Valla does better, and with better aoe at a safer distance. It's so fucking stupid.

scoobs

I don't know anyone that feels that way about Valla. I'd recommend you play her more. She does INSANE damage. Best AA carry in the game by a large margin, at least until we figure out how good Zul'Jin is. Plus she has good spell damage burst with her Q and W + E auto attack. Not much to complain about with her IMO

And your point that mages do her job better.. Valla is an AD hero first and foremost. Her AA's hit for like 3x what Li-Mings hit for.

kirblar

I kind of feel the same way other posters have talked about Valla these days.

I mean she's a freaking glass cannon and her early damage is so fucking garbage. Your damage doesn't really ramp up until late game and by then it's too late.

Like supposedly Valla was so fking OP so we had re work her. Yet she's still squishy as fuck and yet other chars like ming received extremely minor nerfs and can still dish out a fuck ton of damage.

With Valla you basically have to play perfectly because if anything hits you it takes away half your fucking health.

edit: I mean the whole point of Valla is your supposed to get in, hit hard and get out. You should do high damage with her because your putting yourself at a greater risk than mages with valla's low health and poor range until 20. Yet mages can do what Valla does better, and with better aoe at a safer distance. It's so fucking stupid.
Valla's rework had absolutely nothing to do with her being OP and everything to do with her being braindead as a hero.

Design reworks aren't done for power level reasons- they can adjust numbers for that.

And Valla is/was consistently seen in competitive play post-rework. She's very good, but also much harder to play. Like w/ Nazeebo, they increased her skill floor a ton, but in her case, it's not in a way that makes the hero unplayable for everyone.

scoobs

Nazeebo unplayable as fuck with his shitty 52% win rate. He has 3 legitimately good builds now that are very different playstyles and rewarding as hell. <3 him. Get gud.

kirblar

Nazeebo unplayable as fuck with his shitty 52% win rate. He has 3 legitimately good builds now that are very different playstyles and rewarding as hell. <3 him. Get gud.
The change to his Q is godawful and makes him completely unfun and miserable.

Maledict

As long as your not relying on him to solo support in cases where he shouldn't I don't think Tass could ever be bad. They'd have to nerf his shield and psi storm and E all at the same time.

Is this sarcasm? ;-) They literally did that with his rework. All three got nerfed.

Maledict

I don't know anyone that feels that way about Valla. I'd recommend you play her more. She does INSANE damage. Best AA carry in the game by a large margin, at least until we figure out how good Zul'Jin is. Plus she has good spell damage burst with her Q and W + E auto attack. Not much to complain about with her IMO

And your point that mages do her job better.. Valla is an AD hero first and foremost. Her AA's hit for like 3x what Li-Mings hit for.

Meh, sorry I have to disagree.

Valla is one of the highest skill cap heroes in the game. The pros can play her well because the team can adjust to her very low damage at the start of a fight, and her tiny hit point pool. But outside of pro level play, even at masters and diamond level, Hammer, Zul'Jin and Raynor all have a higher win rate and Tychus is basically at the same level (apologies for triggering Brian!).

I think in theory she's the best, but in practice I don't think we have anyone capable of playing her to the point where she's the best. To be honest, more often than not I prefer something else over her because there are a LOT of bad Valla players who are way too aggressive with her and feed constantly.

Zackat

I have valla at level 11. I love playing her but I know I suck and feed.

Trying to train myself to not go HAM is difficult :p

Most of those levels are from a long time ago, I should try again.

Top Bottom