• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

You know, now that I think about it. I don't think I've ever successfully crossed the bridge when the circle is collapsing on military base.

I either try to find a boat, or I wait until the blue passes me and tank some of the damage before going across. Usually the bridge campers will vacate once the blue is on them.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Do people consider the map to be excellent?

To me, it just feels serviceable.

I really want a map with some forestry.

Map isn't excellent but when the circle plays it right the locations can be amazing. Swamp is a great one, same with any urban placement like Pachinki or Yas. Army base is great for crazy moments like 14 kill shotgun clutches.

Moonkeis

I was playing squads with my buddies earlier and randomly killed Banana man. I normally don't pay attention to the names but my buddy had pointed it out.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm one step closer to beating the game at least, though I suppose I have to get a fog win eventually as well.

Solo TPP
Duo TPP, both survived
Solo FPP
Squad FPP, all survived
chicken2onjpu.png

Updating the list, after at least 2 frustrating finishes in the top 5 tonight alone, I now have a Duo FPP, both survived win, thanks to some random person. They wondered to themselves why they always feel like they need to pee in the top 10, and said the urge goes away later, ha.

Unfortunately I got 0 kills and just 16 hit points of damage, so I was mostly useless, but I did do a ton of buggy driving and navigating. I tried to predict the circle, did an early military bridge run, and did a late military base drive. I also suggested spot(s) for us to hold out and low-traffic routes into the circle, so I'd like to think I helped a tiny bit.

The third place person got to third place with a VSS, and he was even getting kill(s) with it. 100 meters or less away, I couldn't hear it AT ALL, but fortunately my partner saw him prone when we got close enough at the very end.

Remaining achievements needed: Squad TPP win, everyone alive (I'll almost certainly have to enlist Discord GAF for this), and fog win.

I got a rain win. I don't think I've had a sunset win but I'm not really heartbroken if I never get one of those.

Ark

Won a game last night with my usual squad that we absolutely did not deserve to win. We kept running each other over, knocking each other out, and really shooting around creating as much noise as possible.

Somehow we won. It's our second game like that ever.

Eggiem

OK... I need to ask you something:

If you set the Steam price low, like 9€ for the camo hot pants, what are the chances of getting one on the community market?

OK... I need to ask you something:

If you set the Steam price low, like 9€ for the camo hot pants, what are the chances of getting one on the community market?

You never know. Someone could make the mistake of selling one for 9 instead of 90 and you could get lucky!

Grassy

Do people consider the map to be excellent?

To me, it just feels serviceable.

I really want a map with some forestry.

I'd say it's far from being excellent, there's good parts and shitty parts for sure. I mean they did a decent enough job considering how fucking big the map is I guess.

My favourite area is probably the forest/woods on the mountain north of Mylta, I've won every game the final circle has finished there and I've made it to top 10. There's so much cover, which kind of makes it 'fairer' to everyone in that even if the circle doesn't fall on you, you're not at a huge disadvantage like some other areas. There's too many endings where it just comes down to white-circle RNG and not who can out-shoot who, not that I haven't benefited from that of course...

So I'm down to 5 gamescom crates(From 15ish)

In total I've made...around 40ish bucks from this game? Mostly selling yellow tracksuit stuff that's dropped. But oh my god so many goddamn school shirts drop from the boxes.

Wardancer

Neo Member
You know, now that I think about it. I don't think I've ever successfully crossed the bridge when the circle is collapsing on military base.

https://streamable.com/jk3s6

This was people leaving the military base instead, we had shit gear (smgs and me with the single AR and 30 rounds... after that video we did not have shit gear anymore)

But yes, never casually drive across those bridges, you are better off driving halfway and legging it, swimming, boating or waiting until pretty deep into the blue and then go (these guys where solo looting the military base and had quite a lot of meds and boosters so they could easily have waited in the blue)

Also those guys kinda did the absolutely worst thing, they started to try to dodge bullets when they saw us instead of just instantly hitting the nearest object to stop the car and go out fighting.

If your car ever takes fire from the front just stop the damn thing as fast as possible and get out. Usually that involves ramming something.

jeffc919

I tried to drive across once. Ever since that failed spectacularly I always swim across, underwater and only surfacing to breathe for a couple seconds. Maybe whenever they tweak/rebalance swimming and/or bullet penetration through water I'll rethink that strategy but I bet it will always be a safer bet than trying to drive across one of the bridges.

The problem is that if the circle is mostly around the military base and you have to cross the bridge to get there, you're most likely also driving into some ridiculously well geared people so you're at even more of a disadvantage. You pretty much have to find a boat.

jeffc919

The problem is that if the circle is mostly around the military base and you have to cross the bridge to get there, you're most likely also driving into some ridiculously well geared people so you're at even more of a disadvantage. You pretty much have to find a boat.

I haven't timed it but swimming probably only takes a couple minutes. As long as you don't wait until the last second when the circle is about to close, it's a viable option. I've done it dozens of times. Some sections are faster to cross then others since the distance across the water varies. Boats are handy for going south of the island and approaching the circle from a possibly less contested direction though.

Wardancer

Neo Member
Basically if you are crossing the bridges either do it very early in the round before anyone else have to time to set up shop, or do it very late when people have most likely been forced to move. Mid-game is never a good idea :p

Erheller

If there's a military circle, I like to wait near the bridge for a while when trying to cross. Wait until another car comes around and tries to cross the bridge, then go in behind them. Chances are some of the bridge trolls will pump their mag into the front car so they'll be reloading when you pass them.

But boats are a lot easier and safer if you can find one.

go to bridge > kill the bridgecampers > become the bridgecamper

I've literally driven into a roadblock of cars before. A guy just kept killing people and adding their car to the roadblock. 3 cars across and you're not getting by in anything other than a motorcycle.

I crashed into it, got out, but he killed me instantly after that.

After about 90 hours with the game, I still don’t have a solo chicken, but yesterday I set a record for myself by getting 6 kills in a match (also took 6th place). I usually get an average of 2 kills per game just due to taking it slow and being very mindful not to be seen or heard unless I have clear shots on my enemy. But this match I decided to be a bit more aggressive with my play style. It was a lot of fun, but also nerve-wracking!

Also, I wish I can record my gameplay or at least have a “record that” function ala Xbox One’s system, but my laptop definitely can’t support that kind of function. So many funny and crazy moments that will never be able to be experienced again. :(

Edit: My friend streams this game like twice a week and I was able to be a part of this match where we got lucky with 4 crates. Here’s the video: https://youtu.be/0swQvl-Xy9M

prag16

Banned
So, had my steam account get hacked last night. (No, I wasn't using mobile authenticator [I am now], yes, my password probably could have been stronger.)

Valve was pretty quick getting my account back this morning, however during the time that someone else was in control of it, they got my account permabanned in PUBG.

I submitted a ticket to Bluehole's support, but I'm unsure what to expect. Anybody ever have any success getting a game ban overturned for PUBG?

Ryde3

How does this game run on a 970GTX, 4690k at stock at 1080p?

This was my exact setup, and with a combination of low/high settings, I was pulling 60-100 fps depending on area etc. Should run just fine!!! I recently upgraded to a 1440p monitor + a 1080 and Im getting similar performance at the higher resolution.

Another question: My PC is currently hooked up to my bedroom TV. Does this game pretty much require a desktop KB+M for play? I've toyed with the idea of a steam controller but I doubt that would get me any chicken dinners.

Another question: My PC is currently hooked up to my bedroom TV. Does this game pretty much require a desktop KB+M for play? I've toyed with the idea of a steam controller but I doubt that would get me any chicken dinners.

It’s not required, but it’s highly suggested. I’ve done all that I could to fine-tune the controller settings and it still feels slow and clunky. This is with an Xbox One controller, so I don’t know how a Steam controller would be.

robjn3

I know this may not be popular with PC players but I am new to keyboard and mouse after playing consoles religiously, I am getting better as time goes but do you think they will implement controller only servers for Xbox one and PC cross play?

Tagyhag

I know this may not be popular with PC players but I am new to keyboard and mouse after playing consoles religiously, I am getting better as time goes but do you think they will implement controller only servers for Xbox one and PC cross play?

If they ever do get cross play, my guess is that it'll be controller-only servers.

That said, there are ways across both platforms to get around that.

My friend was exclusively console gaming until he bought a PC and he could not get any kills with the controller. I doubt they'll do controller servers or even crossplay Tbh... But if they do, that would be kind of cool.

Man what the fuck.

Doing decent. Get a sniper down but teammate picks him up. My team sucks. No ones doing shit to help me, I get downed, and my mate teamkills me for my loot.

How do I report people? Really pissed that something like that is allowed to happen

Really hard getting good at this game, and then somehting like that happens

Bread

Banned
Man what the fuck.

Doing decent. Get a sniper down but teammate picks him up. My team sucks. No ones doing shit to help me, I get downed, and my mate teamkills me for my loot.

How do I report people? Really pissed that something like that is allowed to happen

Really hard getting good at this game, and then somehting like that happens
1. Stop auto matching
2. Record a clip of what happened and post it on the PUBG forums to get the guy banned.

Almost had chicken dinner last night! Was playing with my buddy in duos, got to the very end, but I ended up dying to the blue wall covering my buddy running for the safe zone (there was someone actively firing and I was trying to keep them down). Buddy ended up dying to the last guy shooting him in the back as he sprinted for the final circle. SO CLOSE

Top Bottom