• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How fit are you?

• Thread starter Deleted member 325805
  • Start date
I am out of shape but I am gona get back in shape with the one punch man work out program.

100 Push-Ups
100 Sit-Ups
100 Squats
10KM Running

pixelation

I run everyday from my house to my boxing gym (approx 8 mile run), at the gym i don't ever stop moving/punching even during the minute breaks (this after having gotten there running, i do sweat tons though) and don't even get tired. I can safely say i'm very fit.

Pretty solid. I am about 6'3 and weigh around 210. I used to weigh 176 but started working out to gain some size. I manage a 32 waist so I think that's solid.

My cardio is alright. I don't run for distance, I run for fat burning.

My personal best lifts: 425 deadlift, 345 squat, and 315 bench. Can't hit any of them right now - I cut my diet down to maintain.

I go to the gym twice a week, recently helped alot on a week trip to HK, noway without gym would of been able to walk 4-5 hours a day.

Jabronium

I'm 37 and been a desk jockey for the better part of the last 15 years. That said I lift 5 times/week, have massively overhauled my diet over the last 5 years, and am stronger than ever (435 deadlift, 375 squat, 290 bench). I wish I was more active away from the weights to have a shot at finally making a dent in these love handles I've had since I was a kid. Going by BMI I'm actually obese, I think (5'7", 180 lbs).

I'm pretty fit. In my good months I make it to the gym for heavy lifting 5 or 6 times a week. I never go less than twice a week during my party months (summer). And then I'll still do a shitload of push ups and chin ups ect at home before I go anywhere. I hit the punching bag at least 3 times a week for about 45 min. I eat pretty good. I just recently bulked up to about 200lbs and then cut to 180lbs while lifting heavier weights so I'm decently shredded right now.

I do like to party though so that stops me from reaching my goals. I got maybe 1 more summer of partying left in me.

Decent in some categories, not so much in others. I do strength-training, but I struggle to gain weight because I really don't care for eating all that much. I don't do cardio, though.

Sami+

I got fatter over the summer (160~lb, 5'11/6'0) and don't like my belly so I'm working on getting better lol.

Instead of getting fries with my whopper today I got a salad side. #THEGRIND >:)

nah but actually I've been eating hard boiled eggs for breakfast and not eating shitty shit past couple days, been hitting the gym three times a week

Not as fit as I was at the start of 2016.

I'm fairly young but sustained an injury to both my Achilles that required me to stop running altogether for about 9 months, I could still lift weights and do a bit of Jiu Jitsu, but cardio just went away.

At the moment, I run 5-8 km 3 to 5 times a week but if I feel the same warning signs as before I have to stop for a few days. My times aren't as good as what they used to be, first time my body has ever really refused to do something which is kind of eye opening.

Otherwise, I would say I'm in decent shape, I try to do some form of exercise, and at the least, I go to BJJ most days of the week.

Good strength shape able to do 1.5x my body weight on bench and able to do 100 pull ups within 30 mins. However, horrible endurance shape. A 40 minute bike ride is not fun for me.

Spectone

I was so unfit I got out of breath walking from one end of the house to the other. This was due to many years of depression. Now that the depression is mostly gone I am making myself fit again by going for long walks.

im 5'5 220 lbs, so obese but I jog like 2 miles every other day and recently got some weights to begin strength training. im trying to drop to 150 lol

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Not at all. I need to get on it. But at least I'm better than most people I work with. Which isn't that great of a barometer.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Hmm. I'm 46 and kinda flabby. Could easily stand to lose twenty pounds. But I work out an hour a day cardio and could ride a century tomorrow. Can't run for shit. Would get shin splints in four steps.

I am a dad though so there isn't a jar in Christendom that I can't open.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
im 5'5 220 lbs, so obese but I jog like 2 miles every other day and recently got some weights to begin strength training. im trying to drop to 150 lol

Don't lol. Keep doing what you're doing and find a harmless food to gorge on when you can't fight it. Mine was those bagged salads. I would dump the cheese and included dressing and replace with a splash of balsamic, olive oil and sometimes fat free feta.

Sounds like you're already handling it tbh. Ganbate!!!

RDreamer

I'm decently fit. I average 12.5 miles per day on my exercise bike with the resistance cranked 1 below as high as it goes. It's nearly 2 hours a day on average.

massoluk

Banned
Trying to get rid of maaaaa bellyyyyy, which is a pain.

185lbs at 5'8. 34yr old, not obese, definitely not Chris Hemsworth.

Running 45km a week and some time on the weight equipments. And do half marathon and mini-marathon like once a couple of months. Seeing some result, need to buy a new belt and dress pants.

Work out five days a week and i eat healthy (lift weights and cardio). Probably the biggest and leanest ive been in my whole life which isnt saying much since im 19. Just 3 years ago i was a fat bastard who didnt care about my health.
(6'1 at 176lbs, aiming to get to 190 by christmas aka swole is the goal)

I'm in good shape with a good metabolism. Gym twice a week and yoga/mountain bike/hike/golf/badminton/tennis otherwise. I'm 32 and don't watch what I eat at all.

I'm....decent, I guess? Workout at least 4 times a week. Diet is ok, not extremely healthy but hardly ever eat junk food. A lot of meat in my diet.

I'm a bit overweight for my height (210 pounds at 5ft. 9) so I'm trying to slim that down by doing cardio. It's all in my gut too, which is annoying as hell. But boy do I suck at cardio. I only just started but I can barely go a mile of straight running, and I feel like death for a good half hour afterwards.

All in all, I'm in a great improvement from prior years. I have Crohn's Disease and for most of my college life I only weighed about 130 pounds (115 at my absolute worst with the illness). Now at 24 I'm pretty serious with exercising and working out so I enjoy seeing how far I've come from being a skinny little shrimp.

Just got to get rid of that bit of a gut...

Hjod

Banned
I'm strong, and in good shape, decent cardio. I work out 5-6 times a week. Need to up my cardio a bit though. Since OP is asking how fit we are I'm guessing all around fitness, and my strong suite has never been cardio.

But I can do 15 chins semi strict at a body weight of 240 pounds. And I'll run 5km with out to much hassle, maybe some pain in my lower legs but that's about it.

In before avatar quote.

5'10 / 145lbs. 36 years old.

Trying to keep up my enthusiasm for running daily, but summer ruins my enthusiasm for everything. The amount of cycling I do has taken a hit lately also. Gym like 6-7 days a week, though.

I would say I'm in the best shape I've ever been in since high school. I gym heavy at least 4 days a week, eat very healthy and try to maintain it despite the busy school schedule. 6'3" and 222lbs. Sure I probably could become more shredded, but I think I'm at a good place right now.

Normal?? I go to the gym 5 days a week but I'm not gonna lie I try to do the least amount of cardio while I'm there. I hit the weights hard but when I'm on the treadmill or bike I'm out of breath really quick.

Cardio is all I do.

I play soccer, softball and squash and ran my first 10k a few years back, aged 30. (43:05 was my time)

I'm in way worse shape now, but working my way back.

[EDIT - I like distance cycling as well. Try to do Glasgow - Edinburgh at least once a year (about 50 miles, the route I take) although I've yet to do so this year. ]

AEREC

Moderately fit I guess. Last year I trained for a 200 mile bike ride (Seattle to Portland) but as soon as I got done with it I turned into a slob and didnt exercise (aside from a few hikes and walking the dogs here and there) for over half a year.

I started running (2-3 times a week) and minor weight training a month or so ago with no kind of set schedule or anything. I was able to run 5K in 30 minutes earlier this week so I gues thats a decent start. Im starting to get a morning run routine down so hopefully I stick with it.

I dont really gain or lose weight too much. Im 37 and 5'9 and have always been around 180-ish as long as I can remember.

I'd say I'm fairly fit, especially when I compare myself now to myself two years ago. I try to hit the gym at least four or five times a week, and then I have a job that involves quite a bit of physical labor on top of that. It's pretty astounding at how much more stamina I have now compared to even a year ago; seeing your progress is a great feeling.

Top Bottom