• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Men - Season 5 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been rewatching this before the premier and I came across a bit in (I think) the last episode of S2 that I didn't quite get.

Does Joan actually get "raped" by her fiance in Don's office while he's in Cali? There were so many flashbacks in that episode that I couldn't tell if the odd splicing at the end of it meant that she was just imagining it, or if it actually happened

I just rewatched that episode a few weeks ago and it appeared to me
that she was actually getting raped.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
So going by the article above, would that mean S5 starts around
June, 1967?

If so:
Biggest time jump since S1-S2

Empty

finished my preparatory rewatch of season 4. i'd completely forgotten that great joan and peggy scene in the final episode and a few other things in the series, though obviously the suitcase and the core character arc/plotlines were hard to dislodge. also i want don's apartment from s4, the writing table next to the big window in particular is so nice.

don't think i'm going to be able to resist rewatching the other three series now too.

i wish someone complained about the use of the decemberists

ugh

So I've been rewatching this before the premier and I came across a bit in (I think) the last episode of S2 that I didn't quite get.

Does Joan actually get "raped" by her fiance in Don's office while he's in Cali? There were so many flashbacks in that episode that I couldn't tell if the odd splicing at the end of it meant that she was just imagining it, or if it actually happened

def happened but yeah it was weirdly cut i could see how it would be misinterpreted

Just a reminder that this is on in a little over an hour for anyone that wants to watch. Live stream is via the link.

- New York Times live chat with Weiner and some of the cast this evening
Get an inside look at the smart, sexy world of 1960s Madison Avenue advertising and the new season of the award-winning series with “Mad Men” creator and executive producer Matthew Weiner and cast members Jon Hamm, January Jones, John Slattery, Vincent Kartheiser, Jared Harris and Christina Hendricks. Moderated by New York Times culture reporter Dave Itzkoff.

Tune in here to watch the live webcast on Tues, March 20 at 6:30 PM ET.

Amir0x

Banned
I love when someone says that an episode of Mad Men "explodes" in a bunch of different directions. For 99.9% of the other mediocre shows on television, that means an unexpected plot twist you'd never see coming. For Mad Men, it typically means a plot point that was slowly boiling under the surface for four seasons will finally come to a head and blowback in the characters faces, a resolution of years of character building and ultimately some of the most rewarding pay off in the medium's history.

KingK

Wow, I had no idea the premier was so soon. I watched the entire first 4 seasons last year and fell in love with the show.

Is there anywhere that will air the show online after the initial air time? I might not be able to watch it Sunday.

I love how Peggy's wearing the same dress she's worn a million times. On a period show like this, a lesser staff might over-indulge and exploit every opportunity to showcase new outfits (you know, in case we forget that it's the 60s). But Mad Men's is keen enough to reflect the economic realities and the priorities of the characters - Peggy's no Betty, in other words.

giga

I love how Peggy's wearing the same dress she's worn a million times. On a period show like this, a lesser staff might over-indulge and exploit every opportunity to showcase new outfits (you know, in case we forget that it's the 60s). But Mad Men's is keen enough to reflect the economic realities and the priorities of the characters - Peggy's no Betty, in other words.
Trudy on the other hand…

MM_MY_501_0906_0511.jpg

Is there anywhere that will air the show online after the initial air time? I might not be able to watch it Sunday.
The premiere might be up for streaming on AMC's website next week, but I can't guarantee anything. Looks like there are also a ton of rebroadcasts next week:
Sun. Mar. 25 9:00 PM AMC
Sun. Mar. 25 11:08 PM AMC
Mon. Mar. 26 1:16 AM AMC
Mon. Mar. 26 9:00 PM AMC
Tue. Mar. 27 2:23 AM AMC
Sun. Apr. 1 6:52 AM AMC
The other option would be something like iTunes, but I don't know they'll be offering it immediately.

KingK

The premiere might be up for streaming on AMC's website next week, but I can't guarantee anything. Looks like there are also a ton of rebroadcasts next week: The other option would be something like iTunes, but I don't know they'll be offering it immediately.

Thanks. I should be able to catch one of those rebroadcasts. Hopefully they do put the episodes up online though.

- New York Times live chat with Weiner and some of the cast this evening
Get an inside look at the smart, sexy world of 1960s Madison Avenue advertising and the new season of the award-winning series with “Mad Men” creator and executive producer Matthew Weiner and cast members Jon Hamm, January Jones, John Slattery, Vincent Kartheiser, Jared Harris and Christina Hendricks. Moderated by New York Times culture reporter Dave Itzkoff.

Tune in here to watch the live webcast on Tues, March 20 at 6:30 PM ET.

- The NY Times put the video from this up in case anyone wants to watch. It's about 90 minutes long.

Please spoiler tag anything that should be tagged. Thanks.

tim.mbp

The other option would be something like iTunes, but I don't know they'll be offering it immediately.

The pass is up for season 5 on iTunes. I've got it ordered already. Seems like it will be 1080p. There's a free 4 minute recap of season 4 right now. Most shows are up the day after air, except for premium networks like HBO which aren't available until the home disc release date. This is for the US store, I'm not sure if the same internationally.

I just have the final 2 episodes of season 4 to watch tonight, then I'll be caught up.

posting in this thread before reading it, obviously. Excited for the ending to season 4. Really not sure how they're going to get out of the mess they're in right now.

been watching this series over the past few months (I don't burn through shows fast) and I love it. Really happy season 4 has less betty, too.

Nert

I'm so excited to see this show back. I had intended to go for a full series rewatch before this Sunday, but I got sidetracked with watching Friday Night Lights for the first time.

What a great time for television. Archer, Justified, Mad Men, Community, and Louie before too long... just wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom