• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microïds unveils their Nintendo Switch line-up. (Syberia 1, 2, 3 +more)

RYfLxoF6sSPHBVtCTdWozheIxD8wzi1Y.png

Nintendo's page does have a NA box, and it's in the trailers also IIRC, so surely it's happening. Syberia 2 is unknown though.

RYfLxoF6sSPHBVtCTdWozheIxD8wzi1Y.png

Nintendo's page does have a NA box, and it's in the trailers also IIRC, so surely it's happening. Syberia 2 is unknown though.
Oh so this is both Syberia 1 and 2? I was going to say 30 bucks for just the one game is crazy...good games for sure tho..

The post you replied to specifically says "Syberia 2 is unknown though" so why would you conclude "Oh so this is both Syberia 1 and 2?"
No - Syberia is Syberia 1.

The post you replied to specifically says "Syberia 2 is unknown though" so why would you conclude "Oh so this is both Syberia 1 and 2?"

Correct. Oddly Syberia 2 has been all over the place with its retail release in EU IIRC. It wasn't certain if it'd get one, be only in a 2-pack with the original, etc.

-shadow-

A whopping €30 for Syberia? I'm not sure if I should impressed or shocked at that price honestly. Might look if I can still find the combo physical pack for in December, because that price for just one goes way too far.

lutheran

I quoted the wrong post, I was replying to the poster effect who posted this below...

"Syberia 1 and 2 being included together is nice and I was curious if that was going to be the case."

Syberia is one of my fave adventure games, but Syberia 2 is a direct continuation of Syberia 1 which ends on a cliffhanger. I actually find it quite the rip-off that they are charging so much for half the story. And it's not even certain when they will release the second game on Switch?

Syberia is one of my fave adventure games, but Syberia 2 is a direct continuation of Syberia 1 which ends on a cliffhanger. I actually find it quite the rip-off that they are charging so much for half the story. And it's not even certain when they will release the second game on Switch?

It's coming digitally in November. The 'don't know' sentiment, is whether they're doing a physical release or not.

It's coming digitally in November. The 'don't know' sentiment, is whether they're doing a physical release or not.

Oh ok, that's more reasonable.
I still think it's a though sell if they both are 30$ separately. They are worth it because they are amazing games, but when they've been available for 2$ each on PC on several occasions in the past years it just feels a bit too high. Of course it's a new port for a new system so you can't directly compare it, but if they packed 1+2 together for 40$ maximum that would be a much more appealing deal (if they are able to have Syberia 2 ready in november).

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
just another post with a big old "yeah fucking right" at the switch price tag -- and I'm a fan of the first two games!

lutheran

Oh ok, that's more reasonable.
I still think it's a though sell if they both are 30$ separately. They are worth it because they are amazing games, but when they've been available for 2$ each on PC on several occasions in the past years it just feels a bit too high. Of course it's a new port for a new system so you can't directly compare it, but if they packed 1+2 together for 40$ maximum that would be a much more appealing deal (if they are able to have Syberia 2 ready in november).

I won't compare it to 2 dollar PC blowout sales but unless I am wrong they didn't do anything to this title other than port it. You can get the same exact game on iOS or Android for 5 bucks. You can play them on tablets with even bigger screens than the Switch and take it on the road just like this port. I get its a very good game but 30 bucks is pretty steep, I would think it would do very well at 14.99 and that would really prime people to buy the other 2 sequels that are surely coming in the next few months. Just my opinion, I would love to see it do well. I fear the price will make it a non-seller and that may dissuade other teams from bringing more adventure games to the system.

Top Bottom