• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World record of largest Zelda related merch

Ikon

Funniest thing about this clip for me is that I knew from the first second where this person lived just from the view out of that window.

That landscape kind of makes me miss Norway in a way...

If I was a rich CEO I would got some plant to pretend they collect stuff and use it for marketing purposes.

aHVo91j.png

I noticed she has the NGC magazine four swords sticker/faceplate. I wonder if she has the N64 magazine one as well.

She probably has another collection that is a secret to everybody.
Grumble grumble.
That would be the complete CDi collection

Wasnt the zora guitar like 1 in 20? Heard very few were made
She said seven.

I wonder if she's missing any items, or if there's something she knows that exists yet can't procure. Maybe a Satellavision with BS Zelda.
The FDS prototype (missing second quest and some other differences, file names included alttp staff) is a literal one of a kind but that wouldn't count as merchandise and I think the same can be said for BS Zelda (so she gets to dodge a pricey bullet there).

They have one of TWW scrolls only given out to a handful of contest winners in Europe (seen at the 1:00 mark). That is IMO the rarest Zelda item and first time I’ve legit seen somebody have one on camera since only five were supposedly given out. That’s amazing. Every other one of these I’ve seen are usually just large collections of licensed merch but they lack the extremely rare official stuff. Like the Zora guitar, which that’s amazing. I wonder if any non gaming outlet person owns the massive, life size Master Sword in the pedestal given out to very few outlets for the release of Skyward Sword. There was one in somebody’s office for GT TV back at Gametrailers that I really wanted but couldn’t convince them to sell it. But yea that’s a legit impressive collection and awesome to see it.

Indelible

What an incredible collection, I don't think I have the dedication to devote so much time and money to a single series.

Savitar

Great collection, in a few years time who knows what else she'll have! Maybe even an autograph from Miyamator himself.

ToonLink

Whenever I see collections like these I wonder how much money it cost. But it looks like it makes her happy, so that's money well spent.

emb

Awesome, she has that guitar.

Though the lightly curtained windows in that room make me nervous... seems like things would get sun-faded.

Ottaro

Based on the thread title I am disappointed this wasn't the record for the physically largest single Zelda merch item.

She must have spent a pretty penny putting that together. I did some Googling to try to see if anyone was selling the guitar. It seems no one is at the moment, but if the old listing I found is real it looks like it's sold for 18 Grand. That's a lot of lettuce.

Don't know why you'd say that, I think I know more hardcore female fans of Zelda than dudes. I'd love to see a breakdown of people who play it, because I'm not sure I can think of any franchise with as many girl gamers I know than Zelda.

niceeee assumptions there bud.

This assumption is based on what exactly?

Interesting comment. Are you saying that because she's a woman or....?

If she hadn't play or beaten a Zelda game then why would she even spend money and time buying Zelda merch?

Not that this is relevant to the topic and you just come off as being bitter.
Are your sarcasm detectors broken over here on gaming side?? Clearly that post was parodying sexist assholes who really think like that.

That collection is damn fine. I've got a couple OOT action figures and a link key chain that that I bought at and EB Games that was closing and I've never seen them anywhere else. I wonder if she has them.

LowParry

Geez, I am not serious with that comment lol.

Anywho, that collection though is huge. I wonder if she managed to get one of those Zelda Gameboy Advance systems.

Astra

That's an enormous collection. The only gaming related merchandise that I have came free with preorders that now collect dust somewhere.

Don't know why you'd say that, I think I know more hardcore female fans of Zelda than dudes. I'd love to see a breakdown of people who play it, because I'm not sure I can think of any franchise with as many girl gamers I know than Zelda.

This is anecdotal as well, but I'd say Final Fantasy is another with a huge female following.
I was pretty surprised at all the other females I meet on FFXIV.

smurfx

get some go again
Are your sarcasm detectors broken over here on gaming side?? Clearly that post was parodying sexist assholes who really think like that.

That collection is damn fine. I've got a couple OOT action figures and a link key chain that that I bought at and EB Games that was closing and I've never seen them anywhere else. I wonder if she has them.
seems like gaf's sarcasm detector broke some time ago. obvious jokey posts are being taken seriously all the time. i at one time considered myself a huge zelda fan but i never played majora's mask.

Garlador

I just have one single (large) bookshelf for my Zelda shrine. All the games, guides, and a lot of high-end figmas and figures.

It's probably about 50 items. Hers puts mine to shame though.

Top Bottom