• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Phantom Pain, aka Metal Gear Solid V, Announced (360/PS3, "Moby Dick Studio")

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorySchmitz

In the actual font:

Screen%20Shot%202012-12-07%20at%2010.39.23%20PM.png

EDT: ooops waaaay beaten.

I doubt it, but the hallucinations, fire (part of Psycho Mantis' childhood), and harness make me think it's related to him in some way.

Perhaps a sequence where you play as him and not the whole game then? The harness and the sleeve of the claw arm looking like PM's own gloved arm give me hope.

Maybe this trailer is just an amalgamation of stuff hinting at whatever the game is/MGS5? All these callbacks and allusions are just that, and not to be taken literally. Bits and pieces of characters' clothes, hair, faces and other distinguishing features to just thrown together to add to the mystery, but not indicative of what the final game really is? A pastiche of Metal Gear not to be taken at face value (just like the title Phantom Pain).

NYR94

I wonder if Kojima is sitting down with an English translator reading through this thread to see how fast people figured out his "puzzle."

Wait... Ground Zeros is just called "Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeros". If this is going to be titled MGS V... Project Ogre is the true sequel?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
If you look at that one post in this thread, it says "From FOX comes two phantoms" or something to that effect.

Kojima is developing two games in the series: One is Ground Zeroes, the other is V.

Both staring Big Boss?

Both for PS360? (unless im mistaken and platforms weren't shown in the trailer. read comments that said they were though)

Sounds like a great idea...

Sallokin

theres no reason for kojima to be there tonight besides playing with metal gear fans. 0 reason.

Kojima was also in that area to meet with JJ Abrams apparently. So I guess he could have just swung by to fuck with everyone. Wouldn't put it past him lol

Mikey Jr.

I wonder if Kojima is sitting down with an English translator reading through this thread to see how fast people figured out his "puzzle."

If he had never shown off ground zero, I wonder if anyone would have known this was a mgs game?

SRG01

Wasn't early stuff of GZ(supposedly the stuff in Africa) had BB's eyepatch on the wrong side?

That's because a lot of the promos were mirrored. Unless they mirrored this entire trailer, it's gotta be BB.

MGS is known for its parallels: Opposing eyes lost between him and Solid Snake, and now the opposite arm between him and Liquid.

I'll stick by my prediction that this is BB after he wakes up from his coma during MGS4, unless there was a period of time where he wakes up after MG2. However, he looks way too young for the part.

No, i think Ground Zeroes IS V.

If anything, GZ is a continuation (and possibly a conclusion) to the PSP games.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
h9SP7.jpg

We are dead fucking serious.

Oh man oh man oh man. Kind of odd they didn't outright say it since that would generate a ton of hype and press (if it's true), but I could see them not wanting to overshadow Ground Zeroes. Especially if MGS5 is still a good ways away (2014 at the earliest).

Remember how Kojima said Ground Zeroes isn't Project Ogre? I bet this is.

yup.
Good spot with the letters everyone, I thought you were nuts but it works.

I honestly hope Ground Zeroes and V are the same game, because if it's yet another Big Boss game then fuuuuuuuuuuuck

Don't you rike it?

https://www.facebook.com/joakim.mogren

Is nobody else bothered by this? I mean, did he set up a fake Facebook site with fake Facebook friends?

Is it a total coincidence and this random Swedish guy will have a good laugh about it?

Or are there... clues?

A guy in sweden having two swedish names isn't really a coincidence, it's expected.

Salsa

Im being way too much of a downer here where pretty much everyone's really excited. Bleh.

I love you Koj, but saying you want to stop working on Metal Gear and do new things -cut to- 3 different Metal Gear games announced as in development = sad Salsa.

its cool and all, I like Metal Gear, but man.

B.K.

Just watched the trailer. Someone really fucked up Big Boss. I'm looking forward to seeing how he gets in that condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom