• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita AUS/NZ Launch Thread (Games, Accessory Pricing)

joshwaan

Preorder my AUS one from ebgames since it's closest game store to myself :)

I've already got a JPN Vita but want a spare incase one plays up hehe :p

GopherD

Just so everyone knows - you can use multiple accounts on vita with a single memory card. It works similarly to psp, as in the game appears but you need to have the correct account activated. The change of account is a little bit more cumbersome as it erased WiFi details etc, with an unskippable video to watch, but it can be done in about 3-5 mins.

Ingram

I can just barely believe the UK/Europe have demo units up for people to try and not Australia. But fucking New Zealand?

Come on Sony Australia what the fuck?

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I can just barely believe the UK/Europe have demo units up for people to try and not Australia. But fucking New Zealand?

Come on Sony Australia what the fuck?

NZ is the land of Sony, apparently. =D

Vita will do well in NZ though, the last remaining Sony Land.

Anyway Ingram, it's probably one unit to share with the whole of NZ. ahahahahaa

Ingram

I'd order from Amazon if I could. Was lttp. Got 2 games and a screen protector coming from them though.

Gen X

Mighty Ape have the same pricing deal as JB HiFi for $529.95 (You will find JB are the same price as MA on nearly everything come release day) but JB HiFi offer the Vodafone deal on top for the 3G model that I mentioned in the original post.

Dwayne

Mighty Ape have the same pricing deal as JB HiFi for $529.95 (You will find JB are the same price as MA on nearly everything come release day) but JB HiFi offer the Vodafone deal on top for the 3G model that I mentioned in the original post.

Link to JB's deal? couldn't find it searching the site. Would be good to have a list of prices in the op :D

Went to the NZGamer PS Vita event, the Sony guys there said that you receive WipeOut when you first top-up your SIM card, it wasn't related to a particular retailer.

Gen X

Link to JB's deal? couldn't find it searching the site. Would be good to have a list of prices in the op :D

Went to the NZGamer PS Vita event, the Sony guys there said that you receive WipeOut when you first top-up your SIM card, it wasn't related to a particular retailer.

I had to ring JB last week to get pricing as their NZ website is pretty slow so sorry, can't link. Only listed RRP in the OP at the time otherwise it would be a mess but if someone comes across any deals then I'll happily chuck them in. That goes for you Aussies too. :)

As for the Vodafone deal, yeah, I know what you mean, I just meant that if you purchased it from a Vodafone dealer (JB, Dick Smith etc) then you can get it all in one go rather than a console from somewhere and the sim from elsewhere.

I've tried looking at a few sites in NZ the other day for deals but there doesn't really seem to be anything different from one another. All stores are doing the pre oder deal of free headphones and PSN voucher though from what I can gather.

Gen X

Updated OP with a few deals I could find but nothing really special that separates any one store from the other.

Kerrby

Banned
Updated OP with a few deals I could find but nothing really special that separates any one store from the other.

Looks like JB have taken down the accessories pack pre order, can't find it anywhere on their website anymore.

So it seems GAME is the only one doing something at the moment.

Gen X

Looks like JB have taken down the accessories pack pre order, can't find it anywhere on their website anymore.

I got told earlier this evening that the deal could've ended or ends tomorrow. Suppose it depends if they've met their quota. Will call around in the morning and see as I was waiting for pay day to pay my deposit (40% deposit at JB the salesman said which is a shitload).

Also heard of a very good deal that another chain store is doing come launch day but it's only a rumour and I don't want to get peoples hopes up until I can get some concrete information (it's not listed on any website, brochure nor instore advertising). If it's true it's not going to be announced till launch day or the day before. It's not a bundle just a very attractive price of <$400NZD for the Wifi model.

Dwayne

Bond and Bond:
sZQBel.jpg

Noel Leeming:
Hl96wl.jpg

Same deal, but Flybuys at Noels.

Kerrby

Banned
I got told earlier this evening that the deal could've ended or ends tomorrow. Suppose it depends if they've met their quota. Will call around in the morning and see as I was waiting for pay day to pay my deposit (40% deposit at JB the salesman said which is a shitload).

Hmm, in that case I'm going to pre-order from GAME and get Ridge Racer for free. It says while stocks last so I'll do that tomorrow.

Should we starting posting our PSN IDs?

Gen X

Bond and Bond:
sZQBel.jpg

Noel Leeming:
Hl96wl.jpg

Same deal, but Flybuys at Noels.

Lame eh? No real incentive to pick one over the other.

In other news I rang JB just now to see if the current deal expires, keep an eye out for the JB Flyer. A new deal is announced for the 3G model (Didn't ask if it applies to the Wifi only model).

3G + Pre Order Pack + 4gb mem card + Uncharted = $549.95. Will no doubt apply to Australia too so if anyone across the ditch can confirm this/maybe get a pic, post it here.

Will add this to the OP when I get a pick from the flyer.

Gen X

Been chatting to a few other people locally over the last 15mins.

These deals are official from JB Hifi NZ, will update OP with them and add pics when the flyer arrives in the mailbox.

$399.00NZD Wifi + 4gb +Accessory Pack
$548.00NZD 3G + 4gb + Uncharted + Accessory Pack

For the record, the other deal I mentioned I heard about above that was a rumour was The Warehouse will be selling the Wifi on its own for $389.95 and the 3G for $489.95. Still no confirmation on this one yet though.

Dwayne

Goddamn that's good. Wish they had a 3G pack without uncharted though, haven't liked what i've played so far.

Dwayne

BTW for NZers, you'll be cutting it close with customs importing a Vita to NZ - make sure you do your math and are under the quota.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
What about shipping costs? I was thinking about buying games from Amazon but there's no easy way to check, that I know of, how much it'll all cost.

If you go Amazon UK I think the shipping is free, US doesn't cost too much though I'd get something with tracking and insurance. The Wifi vita, 16gb card and Hot Shots is about the same price as a stand alone wifi Aus Vita.

Gen X

Goddamn that's good. Wish they had a 3G pack without uncharted though, haven't liked what i've played so far.

Might be able to swap the game in store with something else? I mean, Uncharted being the most expensive, perhaps able to sawp it for another first party title? I'll ask when I pop in to JB pay my deposit tomorrow.

BTW for NZers, you'll be cutting it close with customs importing a Vita to NZ - make sure you do your math and are under the quota.

I thought it was under $1000NZD or has that changed?

Dwayne

I thought it was under $1000NZD or has that changed?
It depends what you're buying, but if you go over $60 combined duty and GST, you'll pay GST, Duty, a import entry transaction fee and MAF Biosecurity system entry levy. I don't think Vita will attract duty, but GST on $400NZD is $60, so anything over that and you'll be paying over $100 to customs.

TheBear

If you go Amazon UK I think the shipping is free, US doesn't cost too much though I'd get something with tracking and insurance. The Wifi vita, 16gb card and Hot Shots is about the same price as a stand alone wifi Aus Vita.

What do you do with the AC unit? Does it require a converter?
Also Amazon UK has a free 8GB card and game for 15 pounds.

EDIT: it also converts to about $320, which probably isn't worth the hassle

sun-drop

Been chatting to a few other people locally over the last 15mins.

These deals are official from JB Hifi NZ, will update OP with them and add pics when the flyer arrives in the mailbox.

$399.00NZD Wifi + 4gb +Accessory Pack
$548.00NZD 3G + 4gb + Uncharted + Accessory Pack

For the record, the other deal I mentioned I heard about above that was a rumour was The Warehouse will be selling the Wifi on its own for $389.95 and the 3G for $489.95. Still no confirmation on this one yet though.

so i had a $50 pre order down for the 3G vita at jb ...think that was around the same price, which incl of course the wipeout DL ..are you saying they are now throwing in uncharted too?

nice!

Gen X

What do you do with the AC unit? Does it require a converter?

You don't need a converter, you could just buy one of those cheap adaptors for the wall that allows a USB connection as the Vita comes bundled with a USB lead to plug into the charger.

so i had a $50 pre order down for the 3G vita at jb ...think that was around the same price, which incl of course the wipeout DL ..are you saying they are now throwing in uncharted too?

nice!

No, I am saying this..... :p

The JB bundle for the 3G is Console + 4gb Mem Card + Uncharted + Pre Order Accessory Pack (Headphones, $10PSN voucher, some PS Home crap) for $548.95.

Everywhere says they're doing the Wipeout deal but it is infact Vodafone who is doing it. It comes free with activation of the Sim Card.

Kerrby

Banned
Just called up JB Hi Fi in Australia and they said they aren't doing the 3G version of the Vita. Which would explain why on their website there's no mention of the 3G version. The girl I spoke to also said that the only pre order deal is the starter pack, that's all they're doing. Nothing about the Uncharted pack.

Very disappointing :(.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Man I find this very hard to believe that there is no 3G version at JB HiFi in Aussie but there is in NZ. We usually get the same JB stuff as you (Except no MGS HD Limited Edition for PS3/360).

I'm not sure what you're implying there by those quotes, but uh, we're not stocking it. We're a Telstra dealer, and the Vita is Vodafone exclusive.

The bundle doesn't have the memory card, either, insofar as I can tell. It's just this:

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/ps-vita/playstation-vita-console-wifi-bonus-starter-pack/658866

Kerrby

Banned
Man I find this very hard to believe that there is no 3G version at JB HiFi in Aussie but there is in NZ. We usually get the same JB stuff as you (Except no MGS HD Limited Edition for PS3/360).

That's what she said man. There's no 3G version on the JB website.

JB website: http://www.jbhifi.com.au/games/sony-playstation-vita/
JB online store: http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/ps-vita.htm

Both have no mention of the 3G version, only showing the WiFi version.

I'd get that NZ deal in a heartbeat, just sounds like it won't come to Australia for some unknown reason.

I'm not sure what you're implying there by those quotes, but uh, we're not stocking it. We're a Telstra dealer, and the Vita is Vodafone exclusive.

I read that Vodafone is the preferred partner, nothing about it being Vodafone exclusive.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
That's what she said man. There's no 3G version on the JB website.

JB website: http://www.jbhifi.com.au/games/sony-playstation-vita/
JB online store: http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/ps-vita.htm

Both have no mention of the 3G version, only showing the WiFi version.

I'd get that NZ deal in a heartbeat, just sounds like it won't come to Australia for some unknown reason.

I read that Vodafone is the preferred partner, nothing about it being Vodafone exclusive.

I'm not sure whether or not a Vodafone sim is bundled, but insofar as I've been told its Vodafone exclusive. I had to call a bunch of preorders a month ago and tell them their order is now for a wifi version.

Man I find this very hard to believe that there is no 3G version at JB HiFi in Aussie but there is in NZ.

It was just the silly girl not knowing how to do their job. Women, am I right? Should know that their place is in the kitchen and leave the work for the men.

Jimrpg

Love the Vita - but im going to wait on some deals!

remember the psp go and the 10 free games? yeah.... :)

back in the day i used to throw money around on games cause they were the new hotness, and now i have tons to play anyway :)

i do like the look of uncharted, everybody's golf, fifa but i've had those experiences before... will fire up those games on the PS3 to tide me over.

Gen X

Maybe Vodafone have exclusive rights to selling it at the mobile store but I can't imagine it will be carrier locked. Europes one isn't afaik, only the US one seems to be carrier locked to AT&T.

Just sounds like someone at the top is making a silly decision just to please someone else in a suit. It's a gaming device, not a mobile phone. So what if someone buys their simcard from elsewhere or tops up from the corner shop, they are still going to buy games from JB.

What happens if it's not carrier locked? Or what happens if in the long run Sony stops producing the WiFi only and there is only the 3G?

Decisions, Ridge Racer or Accessories Pack?

Both are crap options but the accessories pack has a screen protector. Not something I want to pay $33 for.

If nothing special pops out I'll just stick with my US Amazon preorder I guess, wouldn't mind paying $20 or so more to get it locally though.

But that ecogamer comment about the Vita being $278 at launch at a certain retailer brought my hopes up, I wonder if it's really true?

Kerrby

Banned
If nothing special pops out I'll just stick with my US Amazon preorder I guess, wouldn't mind paying $20 or so more to get it locally though.

But that ecogamer comment about the Vita being $278 at launch at a certain retailer brought my hopes up, I wonder if it's really true?

"Moop: Rumors PSP Vita will be as low as $278 on launch weekend"

Seems a bit unfounded if you ask me...

I guess we'll find out next week when the junk mail arrives, hopefully a Big W deal for $300.

Gen X

Decisions, Ridge Racer or Accessories Pack?

Both are crap options but the accessories pack has a screen protector. Not something I want to pay $33 for.

Ridge Racer would be my last choice of game but out of those two options you have, it's a tough call.

Has there even been any content released for Ridge Racer yet?

Danny-Boy

"Moop: Rumors PSP Vita will be as low as $278 on launch weekend"

Seems a bit unfounded if you ask me...

I guess we'll find out next week when the junk mail arrives, hopefully a Big W deal for $300.

Yep you can bet on Big W or Kmart having this beauty under $299. How sweet it would be at $278....

Top Bottom