• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Launch Thread: Welcome to The Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Just woke up and saw an email saying that my card was charged and my order should ship today!

68d7ecda8931d91413840f209f1d6c78.jpg

crimilde

Banned
I paid the extra £5 for expedited shipping. Couldn't take the risk.

Yeah, I got the same option but it needs to get from France to here, and they'll post it tomorrow. :(
I don't think I'll have much time to try it out during the week, which is a bummer.

Chris_C

Yep. Same here.

Same here. Though because it's launch I might make an exception for Loading Human and The Assembly.

Generally I feel ALL VR games should have demo's though, particularly on console where there's no return policy and you can never really tell what sets off motion sickness. So many folks buying RIGS, Driveclub etc who may not have tried it could end up throwing $60 away.

Planet

I fucked up, had to change delivery address and Amazon conveniently pushed my delivery to Saturday. Have fun, will join you soon...

wapplew

Ugh. I'm supposed to be picking mine up 10am at a Sony store in the Philippines. Really hope I don't get turned away.

I heard it's something to do with Malaysia custom, you should be fine.
Planned a trip to KL and few days leave all for nothing.

I fucked up, had to change delivery address and Amazon conveniently pushed my delivery to Saturday. Have fun, will join you soon...

Been there and done that before - lesson learned - Never update Delivery Address within a few days of shipment

Still not long to wait

goonergaz

lol, I had some extra pre-orders setup to ensure I didn't miss out...seems I forgot to cancel my tesco one so I have a spare arriving! D'oh!

The good news is I paid for it back in August so I'll get a nice refund on money I forgot I had! lol

TheBear

I've already got it installed on my PS4...which store are you on? Its been listed in teh PSVR section for at least a week in the Aus store..

How big is the file for DCVR?

Downloading the 39GB demo disc and it says its going to take 50 hours :|

Any idea how much can be played on the demo disc of each game?

Well, after seeing all the videos and reading all the comments, I caved in. Just ordered the VR set, camera, move controllers and two games. Shipped and arriving tomorrow. The joys of living in a small country...

No shipping confirmation, and at this rate I wouldn't get mine until sometime next week unless I was extremely lucky. Gonna see if I can contact support, but I doubt they can do much besides potentially upgrading shipping.

JohngPR

After going back and forth about keeping the headset, I decided I'm keeping it.

I pretty much left it to Amazon and thought to myself that I'd keep the headset if Amazon honored their pricing error on Eve Valkyrie, which they did. :p

So now I'll be getting Batman Arkham VR, Eve Valyrie, and Rez Infinite plus one more game I haven't decided on yet (I'm thinking RIGS).

I've never tried anything on VR so I'm going in without any experience with it. Pretty excited.

Well, after seeing all the videos and reading all the comments, I caved in. Just ordered the VR set, camera, move controllers and two games. Shipped and arriving tomorrow. The joys of living in a small country...

After going back and forth about keeping the headset, I decided I'm keeping it.

I pretty much left it to Amazon and thought to myself that I'd keep the headset if Amazon honored their pricing error on Eve Valkyrie, which they did. :p

So now I'll be getting Batman Arkham VR, Eve Valyrie, and Rez Infinite plus one more game I haven't decided on yet (I'm thinking RIGS).

I've never tried anything on VR so I'm going in without any experience with it. Pretty excited.

Haha,

I knew my thread would save pre-orders!

Take that NeoGaf :p

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I have finally got around to creating a US account and I'm downloading the US demo disk. Feels good man.

Time to get ready for work. I'm working a back shift today. Going to pick up some beers on the way home and I've got tomorrow off. I'm all set.

Any reviews for how good the cinema mode is? I've been both impressed and underwhelmed with the mode on different VR platforms.

Apparently from what I've heard, its alright and will do the job if don't have access to a TV but playing normal games or watching movies on a TV is still the better experience, as the picture will be higher quality on the TV.

JohngPR

I'm undecided on whether to get VR Worlds or RIGS. VR worlds seems like the perfect primer into VR but RIGS looks like a hell of a lot of fun that will have more playability.

I'm undecided on whether to get VR Worlds or RIGS. VR worlds seems like the perfect primer into VR but RIGS looks like a hell of a lot of fun that will have more playability.

if its one or the other i'd go with RIGS, its getting good reviews, VR worlds just looks like a demo disc you have to pay for, you already have a free demo disc/download with the headset.

Maligna

Banned
I love how PSVR's launch is coming with games in every price tier.

Tumble VR for $10
Thumper/Batman/Until Dawn for $20
Job Simulator/Rez for $30
DriveClub VR for $40
RIGS for $50

Or if you are in Canada EVE: Valkyrie for $80!
And I missed out on the $20 Amazon error because I was camping. FML... EVE is the game I want the most too.

Waveset

Relieved to see I haven't been charged yet for EVE: Valkyrie, I got cold feet and decided to do the sensible thing and cancel the pre-order so I can try the demo first, £55 is too much for me to gamble on.

Driveclub VR has started downloading, Amazon says dispatching soon despite it being marked for dispatch 11 October :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom