• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 TGS Trailer

Skeeter49

If this isn't at PSX, I'd be shocked.

2018 I'm conflicted on, since 6 took over a year to localize. But that could have been them more worried about spacing 6 out, plus they were busy with Kiwami, this time the focus will just go to one game.

If this isn't at PSX, I'd be shocked.

2018 I'm conflicted on, since 6 took over a year to localize. But that could have been them more worried about spacing 6 out, plus they were busy with Kiwami, this time the focus will just go to one game.

I'm of similar minds. Kiwami 2 has already been hinted for western shores and can see them throwing the Japanese trailer with a release date for 2018. I still see summer. Fist of the North Star is the one I see being a wildcard. Doesn't really interfere with the yakuza schedule so could release whenever but it's the issue of whether they consider it. Kiwami 2 looks like it's a successor to yakuza 6 in every area.

Goddamn, those are some amazing renders, leaps above the original game. Gonna be hard waiting for this one.

I love Daigo. Does anyone else love him or is it just me.

I liked Daigo up until
the dumb short-lived heel turn in 4, then he kind of became a joke in the later half of 5 and from what I've heard in 6, he doesn't fare much better.

He was fantastic in 2 though, wish that carried over.

That was my original thought but wasn't sure they would want to take away the hype for 6 prior to it's release.

Going to be hard for the influx of newcomers over the last year to play them in order.

Still hoping, though.

They unveiled Y:Kiwami and Y:6 last year when we were all waiting for Y0.

Yea, it would not surprise me if they gave a summer 2018 announcement at PSX.

I like all the character's looks here, except for Dragon Engine Kiryu. Kiryu in general started to look worse and worse as the series progressed, with 0 being the odd exception. But I really prefer his PS2 look.

I like all the character's looks here, except for Dragon Engine Kiryu. Kiryu in general started to look worse and worse as the series progressed, with 0 being the odd exception. But I really prefer his PS2 look.

He looked great in 6. Which was a bit bizarre in itself as he's supposed to look older in that one, yet he looked younger/more refreshed from his permanently tired look in 5!

Fukuzatsu

The limited edition will include:

Yakuza: Kiwami 2 game software
Three-disc “Kiwami” CD set
Disc A: Kazuma Kiryu Famous “Kiwami” CD
Disc B: Majima Goro Famous “Kiwami” CD
Disc C: Yakuza: Kiwami and Yakiza: Kiwami 2 soundtrack “Kiwami” CD
Special set of 10 business cards of charactesr that appear in the game
Various downloadable content
Exclusive costumes
Exclusive weapons
Play Spot-exclusive additional characters
One million in-game yen
PlayStation 4 theme and avatars
Limited edition packaging

Info taken from Gematsu
You can see it at Amazon.co.jp. My link to that site keeps breaking when I post it here though.

To be honest, the CE isn't nearly as cool as the Y6 CE with the two whiskey glasses. But Y2 is easily one of my favorite games. So I really feel like picking it up, especially if we aren't getting a Y2 CE over here.

Interesting to see that the Korean and (Traditional) Chinese versions are also getting simultaneous release.

Not the first time they've done this.

They did the same with 6 I think? I know 0 got a Chinese release soon after the Japanese one but I'm not sure if it was simultaneous. Seeing as how the series has increased in popularity in Asian regions as of late its no surprise they are releasing them day and date with the Japanese release.

Top Bottom