• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Move Thread: It Only Does Everything

Shadow780

Pre-ordered the Precision Shot, Quad Charger and PS Eye TV clip, man I wish Time Crisis is a launch title. :(

Looking forward to Table Tennis!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
shwimpy said:
Fantastic price. I thought it was retail ($40)... but this is much better. :lol

Planet Minigolf Move demo is there as well as EyePet and Racquet Sports.
There is also NBA 2K11. I wonder if that's already Move enabled (it's not listed in the Move section)

Belfast

Dammit!

Wal-Mart had all the launch games on the shelves, but either didn't have the hardware in yet or refused to sell it. :(

A Friday release date is so stupid.

Animator

I have a question regarding the ps eye. Does it come with something to attach it to the top of the tv? I dont want to come home with the move bundle only to find out I cant use it the first day.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Loudninja said:
burns-excellent.jpg

"Excellent"

Table tennis u shall be conquered!

Belfast

Animator said:
I have a question regarding the ps eye. Does it come with something to attach it to the top of the tv? I dont want to come home with the move bundle only to find out I cant use it the first day.

Not that I know of. There are some third-party clips out there, or you can just use the trick of "catching" it on the lip of your TV and letting the length and weight of the cord hold it onto the TV. It's a bit hard to explain, but the Kotaku video showing it is currently unavailable.

Kifimbo

I need an answer from someone who played Start the Party. Why can I only play about 10 minigames outside of Survival ?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Kifimbo said:
I need an answer from someone who played Start the Party. Why can I only play about 10 minigames outside of Survival ?

Cos those are the "main" games. Other stuff is for party rounds (or Survival).

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
chubigans said:
Ugh, what a bunch of malarkey. *cancels download*

Yeah. It's even listed under the Move tile on the Store isn't it? (not near PS3 now)

Btw, just so you know, NBA 2K11 demo ain't Move enabled.

Racquet Sports doesn't feel right. Not sure if it's because of Sports Champions or something's wrong with the Move detection. I just can't send the ball where I want to.

Kifimbo

TTP said:
Cos those are the "main" games. Other stuff is for party rounds (or Survival).

I shouldn't be surprised I guess. Shaking a bell isn't really a minigame anyway. More like a microgame like what you can find in the WarioWare games.

Maastricht said:
So I just tried it with Tumble demo (couldn't buy the full game yet or I would have immediately) and with Hustle Kings (which Plus had kindly updated for me already ... win! :D) and I have to say the precision is everything it is cracked up to be. I'm amazed. I could aim more easily and accurately straight off than I could with the DS3 Analog stick, without even using the fine tune. Hitting takes a little to get used to but you can not only hit freely, but freely move laterally in all directions. The calibration screen also amusingly shows an augmented cue stick ... :cool:

EDIT: Ok, so played a tonne of Sports Champions now as well. Even though I am 1.92m (6'4") and can stand a maximum of 1.6m (5'3") from the PS Eye, and that's with the back of my heel, I could still play this just fine so far. I played through the Bronze campaign for Table Tennis without too much problems.

Quite frankly, I'm amazed at the quality of the Table Tennis, both of the AI and the gameplay. It is really stunning. And unlike Wii Sports resort, it really pays to play standing up. It feels like sports. :) And like the real thing - there's nothing quite like going to the net, or for that matter an AI opponent that makes a shout sound as if she's going to serve a hard fast ball and then delivers a soft, 'just over the net' kind of affair that you have to reach forward to get. Or the final opponent in the bronze championship that has this really annoying serve - reminds me of when I played this as a kid, where me and a friend would always try to develop this 'killer serve' :lol

However hyped I was about this device, I'm still pretty amazed that even the most optimistic interpretation of everything you read and see on the internet appears to prove true. This is without question a must buy.

(oh and this is after playing Wii Sports Resort for some 15-20 hours from Friday. I can go into a few more details, but suffice to say that yes, Sports Champions has a little less charm, but the gameplay owns ... and that used to count for a lot. :) )

That's really good to hear. Have it coming on the 22nd, just in time for my midterms. :lol
T-T

onken

DMeisterJ said:
Anyone that has it, impressions? I want to make sure IGN is wrong.

Well I have RE5 gold anyway, so no big deal if it sucks.

Still blows my mind they put ready on the trigger and shoot on the move button with no way to switch it. How fucking stupid can you get?

DMeisterJ

Banned
onken said:
Well I have RE5 gold anyway, so no big deal if it sucks.

Still blows my mind they put ready on the trigger and shoot on the move button with no way to switch it. How fucking stupid can you get?
Well, it's the same as RE4 Wii, but it is still a weird decision.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Well I got the thing yesterday and only with the Glowstick and demodisc. No games in my local store and only Starter Packs for now. I got the bundle without the camera for 40€.

I had an operation two days ago on my stomach, so standing up was not an option.
Still, sitting down was ok-ish to test it. I have seen all the nice videos here, but I was still surprised how precise this thing is. Fast and accurate. I can see how developers can use this in various ways in the future.

Tumble was nice and precise, but had an annoying announcer lady. I can see me buying this from PSN.
Sports Champions only had two demos, but at least the other one was Table Tennis which was accurate, smooth and I really wanted to stand up to play it. Disc Golf was actually good which I sort of got from TTP's videos, and different throw styles are all good which was fun.
Start the Party was ok, but only two minigames(bug hunt, paint the shape) was not enough to say anything about the content. At least the Augmented Reality parts were lagless as far as I can tell. At least not noticeable for me.

I had problems calibrating The Shoot also, but will try again after work today.
Beat Sketcher demo did not work for me past the "make sure move is at least 1.5m from the Eye and press O" -part. None of the buttons worked and the bulb did not light up. Anyone else had this problems? It was the first demo I installed and really wanted to try it out.

Bring in RE5, Heavy Rain and Time Crisis. I can't wait to try those.

A.R.K

Ordered starter pack from Amazon which has a 9/17 delivery date now!! :D ... nice surprise for the kids this weekend .. Can't wait to try it out :)

A question for the folks who already have it: Does the camera height matter? I am wondering if I need to keep the camera on the top of my TV (which would be tricky w/o a clamp) or can it be kept on the console table about knee height?

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
I used the camera on knee height and it worked just fine. But, I think it's better to put it on top of the tv, so that the image in some games is not from the downwards angle.

SuperSonic1305 said:
Freaky. I saw this thread and looked over at the reply count and it was 299.

Confirm or deny.

Anyway... bought my second Move controller yesterday to try out Archery and Gladiator Duel with two controllers. Gladiator Duel is pretty awesome. It's a much smoother experience when you don't have to press and hold a button to guide your shield, but can move it seperately from your sword - at the same time.

Archery, however... is pretty rubish with two controllers. I mean, it's cool to draw your arrow like that, but how the hell does aiming work? I understand that you have to aim with the controller that's in front of you, but for some reason the camera just positions itself in a way that doesn't feel 'right' to me. And if I correct it by moving my controller to get try and get it right, the controller is blocking my view. What the hell? What am I doing wrong here?

dreamfall

The more I hear, the more excited I get! Will be hopefully picking this up with Sports Champions on Friday. I would love to play Hustle Kings with Move- impressions?!

Can't wait!

spats

Philanthropist said:
Does the Move update really not work with RE5's regular edition?

Unfortunately not. Capcom said "technical reasons" but those technical reasons are propably them having overshipped RE5 Golds or something and want to sell them all.

snap0212

Argh, Amazon just sent me an e-mail telling me that they don't even know when they will be able to deliver my Move. Called a few stores not one single store has a friggin Move-Controller left. I've never experienced that before. My guess is that Move will do pretty good in Europe.

A few small additions and things I noticed from my impressions yesterday:

- the Tumble demo got a 1.01 patch when I started it. It may be worth finding out what that changed, in case some people had/have issues that are resolved with it
- the Rumble doesn't really differ as much from the WiiMote as some reviews seem to have suggested. If anything the WiiMote with the M+ add-on so far felt a bit more weighty in turms of rumble, but that may be because the wiimoteplus in total feels like it weighs about 2-3 times as much as the Move controller
- My 2yo kid loves the Move controller, thinks the light is pure magic, and spent a few minutes just waving around the controller first just by itself and then watching how it moves its digital equivalent in Tumble. :lol Look forward to bringing back the virtual monkey with this and have him try Start the Party
- Pointing in The Shoot is pretty ok in general, but sometimes the cursor drifts. This is similar to what TTP has reported, and now others as well. If they can find a way of getting rid of that, then the experience comes close enough to the old guncon and you can pretty much use sights to shoot with. But right now the cursor will occasionally drift away from the sights (I fake them just looking over the Move controller itself). The Trigger is ok, but not perfect for shooting - it's a bit long in travel. Then again, in these Western themed demo levels you're using a six-shooter so that seems appropriate, and they can probably easily calibrate the trigger so that it is really sensitive (triggers after a slight press) for semi-automatics for instance.

A tip for calibration (and unusually long arms) - because I stand so close to the screen, I couldn't put my arm down all the way without going out of the screen, so I simply raised my hand a little for that part of the calibration, and had everything else the same. That works great, so may be a tip for other people struggling to get themselves into the picture completely - that's probably the best place to compensate calibration.

So my only niggle then so far is that the shooting / pointing in The Shoot isn't optimal. I'm getting a strong impression again that this is just using the gyro + magneto and not the full input range.

spats said:
Unfortunately not. Capcom said "technical reasons" but those technical reasons are propably them having overshipped RE5 Golds or something and want to sell them all.

They actually explained it in an interview. The reason is because they didn´t have proper Move SDKs before they made the Gold edition, which made it possible to prepare the code for Move integration.

Just got e-mails from amazon that the sub-controller and charger-station just shipped, but the move-controllers got delayed until next week. Great job!!!! Assholes!!! :lol

Edit: Just read snap2020´s comment. I can add that I had the move stuff pre-ordered since one month back, so it´s a bit surprising they can´t ship them right away.

No45

IonicSnake said:
Where did you hear that? Awsome if true.
It's on the Joystiq live blog (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/15/electronic-arts-tgs-2010-liveblog/), although at the moment it's unclear whether they mean support has been added to the main game (As they're demo-ing Extraction).

5:21PM Schappert is onto Dead Space, "an action horror story unlike anything we've ever done." He's setting up a Dead Space 2 demo, and they're going to show off the PlayStation Move-enabled Limited Edition on PS3.
Sounds like they mean DS2 though.

Ashes

Banned
That's not what was confirmed. Dead space extraction with Move controls, is in the limited edition of the DEAD SPACE 2.

Carl

Eurogamer have a nice random hands on with Sorcery. They love it

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-08-31-sorcery-hands-on?page=1

painful fart said:
They actually explained it in an interview. The reason is because they didn´t have proper Move SDKs before they made the Gold edition, which made it possible to prepare the code for Move integration.

Meh i very much doubt ThatGameCompany has Move SDKs when they made Flower...I doubt Idol Minds had Move SDKs when making PAIN...I doubt Team Ramrod had Move SDKs when making HVB.

You get the point.

By the way, does anyone who have the Move controller now doubt that putting the cross and circle buttons next rather than below the Action button was a good idea? I think it's great to have x and o left and right personally, it's a lot more intuitive, and as I expected does really match the way the thumb works. The triangle and square are a little more difficult to reach obviously, but you get used to it quick enough (and don't need it very often anyway - I think I only used it in the RUSE demo).

Top Bottom