• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Slo

ok then Slo was probably lying then

im never going to watch this show now

giphy.gif

MechDX

SiriusXM NFL Radio‏Verified account
@SiriusXMNFL

Chris Spielman: I wouldn't take Joe Mixon in the first round, BUT I would take him immediately in the 2nd round. #NFLDraft

Spielman is Pep confirmed?

JABEE

I like that mixon is to much of an asshole to take in the first put like 20 picks later he is perfectly fine to draft.

I think he will be drafted in the 1st round. These guys won't pass on talented players for almost any reason and Mixon is legit.

NFL teams are more worried about eligibility risks when it comes to drug tests than they are about violence against women and children.

MechDX

Brett Kollmann‏ @BrettKollmann 50s51 seconds ago
More
You can tell T.J. Watt learned a lot from big bro @JJWatt. Their push-pull-rip combo around the edge is nearly identical. Textbook.

Whatever team drafts TJ gets an automatic spot on my team list.

Except the cowboys because fuck the cowboys

Naw. I think Sashi and Hue are trying their damndest to change the image and culture of the Browns and wont touch him.

And yes Im being 100% sincere.
I know some things..... And believe Dee Haslam already said they might be open to it if they felt he changed at owners meeting or something along those lines. Hope it dosent play out that they get a chance to draft him, or they pass. Afraid hue might still have some of that Bengals in him.

Anyone I've all ready run through multiple scenarios in my head of how I would ignore him as player.
Also, the Browns wouldn't pick a good player.

I'm sorry.
I would hope they wouldn't pick a player who broke a girls Gawddamn jaw with his fist.

JABEE

I know some things..... And believe Dee Haslam already said they might be open to it if they felt he changed at owners meeting or something along those lines. Hope it dosent play out that they get a chance to draft him, or they pass. Afraid hue might still have some of that Bengals in him.

Anyone I've all ready run through multiple scenarios in my head of how I would ignore him as player.

I would hope they wouldn't pick a player who broke a girls Gawddamn jaw with his fist.

RHxEBDY.jpg

You are right though.

JABEE

Johnny just had a repetition of partying at the time of his draft. Not violence.
#NoMore Jabee

:)

On a more serious note, I think some team is going to draft Mixon. He will go on to become a top running back in the NFL, and everyone will gloss over him knocking out a woman.

Remember what happened with Tyreek Hill last season. Also, Dez Bryant, Ezekiel Elliott, Jameis Winston, Nelson Agholor and countless others.

The only reason Ray Rice was a huge media story that still lingers is the upheaval it caused in the NFL, the cover-up, and the commissioner's press conference.

NFL teams, for the most part, are not afraid to pick perpetrators of violence against women and children. Once Mixon puts up 150 yards and three TDs in his debut, CBS will treat ihs ugly, tape-recorded violence against that woman the same way it treats Peterson's savage beating of his biological child.

It's the ugliness this league covers up on a regular basis.

MechDX

Draft Thursday will be exciting either way.

1) Teams get drunk off QB thirst and there is a rush to get higher and get one

Or

2) All this hype for these QBs is media driven and they ALL fall then a mad rush to get back into the late part of the first to get one.

Popcorn.gif

The whole Mixon thing is pretty disgusting. Even Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie said he is "a real good kid" which disgusted me. Maybe he was just trying to be diplomatic, but you don't say he's a good kid. You say he made a very serious mistake and that you hope he learned from it and won't repeat it if given a second chance. Mixon so far hasn't owned up to what he did and hasn't shown any remorse.

MechDX

BREAKING: Former #Gators DL Caleb Brantley facing misdemeanor charge for allegedly knocking a woman unconscious that "displaced a tooth." https://t.co/R3SsT3UbEc

Estimated 2nd to early 3rd round pick

Eagles should double down and draft Nixon in the 1st and Brantley in the 2nd. Pep approved 2nd chances

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Report: Packers coaches 'incensed' that Detroit landed T.J. Lang

ALLEN PARK -- T.J. Lang was lowballed by the Packers in free agency, and he didn't even try to hide it. He preferred to re-sign in Green Bay, but the offer simply wasn't there. Seattle offered a whole lot more money, then Detroit offered even more than that.

And the Royal Oak native and former Brother Rice star was more than happy to bring his family home.

But Bob Quinn's big offer -- $9.5 million annually for three years, with $19.5 million in guarantees -- was obviously a key reason Detroit was able to land the Pro Bowl guard. And it seems Packers coaches aren't happy that their GM, Ted Thompson, didn't do more to block Lang's move across the division.

According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Packers coaches were "incensed" that Green Bay didn't offer a competitive contract to Lang. The offer was "embarrassingly low," according to the report, and underpinned with injury clauses.

Throw in the loss of Josh Sitton, and the Packers have now lost two of their best offensive linemen to divisional rivals. Coach Mike McCarthy didn't even try to hide his disappointment last month at the owners meetings in Phoenix.

"Yeah, we'll miss T.J.," McCarthy lamented. "He's one of those players, personally for me, will be one of my favorites."

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...oaches_incense.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Top Bottom