• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

JoeLT

You realize that the X is 5 months out, right?
Absolutely, but why would Microsoft hold back their announcements of their first party updates? They made a big deal at the end of the show about which of their own games will be updated, and it was a small list. I have some serious doubts they're going to add older games like MCC, Halo 5, Ryse, Tomb Raider, Sunset Overdrive, Ori, etc. etc.

Sony did a pretty good job with this even updating Knack and Infamous. Although those improvements weren't announced/released till after the Pro came out, so maybe there is hope.

theWB27

Absolutely, but why would Microsoft hold back their announcements of their first party updates? They made a big deal at the end of the show about which of their own games will be updated, and it was a small list. I have some serious doubts they're going to add older games like MCC, Halo 5, Ryse, Tomb Raider, Sunset Overdrive, Ori, etc. etc.

Sony did a pretty good job with this even updating Knack and Infamous. Although those improvements weren't announced/released till after the Pro came out, so maybe there is hope.

That thread would serve no real purpose.

Great thread BK, would be good to see a split between games already out and upcoming games tho.

I need to see what I can look out for in sales ;)

Edit: also might be nice to see
- Multiplat games that have a pro patch that aren't listed
- Play Anywhere / Win 10 games that aren't listed
- Games that have been asked for XBO X version and declined to comment (Battlefield 2, Destiny 2)

I agree, it seems best to separate games from already available to games that have not yet released

As for your last few points, I will think about the best way to include those.

cakely

Nice job on this thread, it corresponds well with the other one.

I was really hoping to see Sunset Overdrive on this list, getting that game out of 900p would be a terrific improvement.

im_dany

I need some MCC, Halo 5, Ryse and Siege. Sunset Overdrive would probably be cool, maybe that'd make me play it.

KodaRuss

Are they really putting "Xbox One Console Exclusive" on the boxes now? This is getting ridiculous.

Is it going to have "Xbox One Launch Console Exclusive" as well on others.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I need some MCC, Halo 5, Ryse and Siege. Sunset Overdrive would probably be cool, maybe that'd make me play it.

They better not add a 4K patch without fixing everything else. That's just cruel.

Like a lot of console before it. Downsampling happens automatically on a system level.
I don't know how Sony managed to fuck this up with the PS4 Pro.
The Xbox one X will automatically run all unpatched games, including 360 BC titles, in a "Boost" mode. This means:
  • Improved framerate stability
  • Games utilizing a dynamic resolution will hit their max resolution more often/all the time.
  • 16xAF texture filtering will be automatically applied.

Also Vsync is forced through and through. And games with variable framerates will take advantage of variable refresh rate when using a compatible display (might make GTA 4 quite playable)

scently

Maybe it was a different video. I couldn't sworn I saw something to this effect?

Phil Spencer said that 343 are working on "their past games" and that there will be an announcement at a later time. So probably Halo 5 and maybe MCC.

v0mitg0d

I'm not clear on something that's probably been covered, so apologies in advanced.

When an regular XBO game is put into scorpio (sorry, like this name better) on a 1080P display, it supersamples with some added effects.

What happens when you put a regular (older) XBO game on a 4K display? clearly it will upscale to 4K, but does it add any AA and other effects across the board to vanilla XBO games?

It seems like mostly stuff that had Pro patches.

Glad to see Titanfall 2.

Rainbow 6 Siege *needs* a patch, but nothing on Pro yet either. Maybe it will get some love with two high end systems to target now?

The lack of COD, especially a BO3 upgrade kind of sticks out.

I personally would love to see BF4 get an upgrade but it doesn't seem very likely at this point.

Overall the list isn't that impressive to me but maybe there's time to improve. But if feels like the precedent has been set and devs don't bother pushing out upgraded versions of older games in general.

Vashetti

Banned
I'm not clear on something that's probably been covered, so apologies in advanced.

When an regular XBO game is put into scorpio (sorry, like this name better) on a 1080P display, it supersamples with some added effects.

What happens when you put a regular (older) XBO game on a 4K display? clearly it will upscale to 4K, but does it add any AA and other effects across the board to vanilla XBO games?

This doesn't happen.

The only changes for unpatched XBX games is 16x Anisotropic Filtering and faster load times, plus the potential for stabler framerates and meeting resolution targets

Are they really putting "Xbox One Console Exclusive" on the boxes now? This is getting ridiculous.

You mean the Forza 7 cover? I believe that yeah, they want people to know they can only play this game on xbox with you are on console.

Colbert

Banned
Destiny will not support Xbox One X 4K at launch of the game. They "evaluate" after launch from what I read on Twitter.

I'll keep on hoping for Sunset Overdrive, Ryse and Quantum Break. Even though I realize this likely isn't going to happen.

I do hope the list will get bigger. I mean they couldn't release this list before Scorpio had its official reveal but that doesn't mean they probably didn't talk about things beforehand. With that in mind this list is a bit disappointing.

jelly

I need a Halo MCC mega patch, fix and Halo 3A/ODSTA, Reach. Pretty please.

Sunset Overdrive but they might be busy with Spiderman.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I remember they mentioned 360 games would run better as well, did they talk about any specific games yet?

I remember they mentioned 360 games would run better as well, did they talk about any specific games yet?

I think all your Xbox One and 360 games automatically run better /load faster and use maximum resolution if the resolution is dynamic.

Dishonored 2 should be great with the patch. It's rather blurry right now. Surprisingly Prey is not yet on the list. But I'm sure they will add that.

Ushay

Damn I already own so many of those, especially looking forward to Witcher 3.

The ones I would like to know about is..

- Deus Ex MD
- Mass Effect Andromeda

I know these teams have been downsized, but would be nice to know if there was support for it. Can anyone ask the right people and find out?

It's almost as if they want people to know that it is exclusive to the xbox one for consoles, since it's also available on PC. OMG what a horrible practice! I'm outraged at such a trivial thing too.

killroy87

Yakuza-0-box-art.jpg

We sure are working hard for that faux outrage now, aren't we?

Couple of titles in here that dont seem to be in the OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghIMo1argF8
Thanks!

Added from there: NFS Payback, Killing Floor 2, Madden 18, Ori 2, Farming Sim 17, World of Tanks
I would definitely not take that trailer as proof those games will be 4K. We know for a fact that one game they show is only 1080p, which calls into question all the others. I mean, they probably will be--Farming Simulator 17 is already native 4K on PS4 Pro, for example--but this video is not reliable evidence of that. And it certainly doesn't say anything about which will be dynamic, CBR, or other methods to reach their resolution.

Here's a couple more bits of info for you:

Anthem is 2160c
Assassin's Creed Origins is dynamic 2160c
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, like Conan Exiles, will launch on Game Preview without enhancements, then turn them on when it launches for real (probably in 2018)
Final Fantasy XV appears to be 2160c [analysis by me]

Caayn

If the performance is good, no stuttering, Xbox One X might be the system I buy FFXV for.

I've held out this long, a few months more won't hurt.

dose

So the '4K Ultra HD' label can mean a game isn't native 4K. That's misleading right there (do Sony do this too?)

-hadouken

No, we're limited to the original X1 resolution. In some cases (with demanding games like Battlefront) that will be as low as 720P. A workaround to this would make X1X a day one buy for me.

Absolutely, but why would Microsoft hold back their announcements of their first party updates?
Because (in the case of Halo 5) it's going to be an announcement that deservers more fanfare. I'd wager there will be a kind of relaunch that will be rolled out to tide us over until Halo 6.

I already own a ton of those games from when i owned an xbone, seems like an awesome update to me, cant wait to play doom at a higher resolution, god bless em if they can hit native 2160 at 60 fps

Top Bottom