• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil 6 Info: Splitscreen, Co-Op/Online Info, Run/Fire, Demo, Ash/Sherry?

sleepykyo

- Jill Valentine is now Jill Redfield. Chris married her shortly after the events of RE5. She's no longer a field agent, but is still at the BSAA as a bioweapons advisor in the New York City HQ.

So Chris got his sexual tension resolved? Good for him.

Aggelos

I'm just hoping they actually include Claire, Jill and all the other mercenaries characters this time. 6 player co-op's got me interested.

Just what you'd expect of director Eichirou Sasaki, you certainly get the multi-player co-op treatment.

It would be interesting to see partnerships between Claire and Jill, Barry perhaps chaperoning Rebeca Chambers, Elza Walker being resuscitated and included in the Mercs' sub-game of Biohazard 6,
and as a last resort some lesbian relationship between Sheva and Ada Wong.

kyubajin

As pumped and hyped as I am for this game, the whole babysitting AI characters yet again (I really want to play RE alone) has made me decide to wait for the discounted price...

Dennis

Banned
Guys, I think the new info might be true.

If it was a fake the maker would be careful not to have spelling errors and such but this is vintage Capcom material.

News Bot

Banned
It's a crying shame that Hiroshi Shibata never got to contribute his own game to the series. That man knew how to work horror.

(he directed the original version of BH4)

It's a crying shame that Hiroshi Shibata never got to contribute his own game to the series. That man knew how to work horror.

I really really wish 3.5 had been the final version and not 4. Looked so good, and the demo video floating around looked like the perfect mix of horror and RE4 gameplay

Carbonox

Still no cheeky leaks from Captivate eh? Fail. It's the weekend which means folks should have made their way home by now.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Captivate is usually somewhat decent at not having leaks.

It's normally only around 1-2 of the games there are pretty close to reveal time anyway.

Aggelos

Ya, but Mikami didn't agree with Shibata's envisioning, in which case he proceeded in scrapping the game.

How much more waiting till the Capcom-Captivate media-embargo is finally terminated?

News Bot

Banned
Ya, but Mikami didn't agree with Shibata's envisioning, in which case he proceeded in scrapping the game.

Mikami was under pressure from CAPCOM to make a more accessible game (like what they're doing now), I don't think he disagreed with anything. He didn't scrap it, the game just cost too much to develop.

Vamphuntr

I don't trust these fake scans but I still see no issue with Chris marrying Jill. While it's not super obvious in RE5 because you don't see Jill much, It was fairly obvious in Resident Revelations that they had a thing.

Aggelos

Mikami was under pressure from CAPCOM to make a more accessible game (like what they're doing now), I don't think he disagreed with anything. He didn't scrap it, the game just cost too much to develop.

Well, the limited media for the fog version keeps from eliciting safe-solid inferences. Notwithstanding, from the the available footage of the hook-man version, one is able to conclude that the final version of Biohazard 4 is more entertaining (on the whole) than the hook-man version. Perhaps the hook-man version is more ghoulish, more tenebrous and more claustrophobic.

Top Bottom