• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 sold 671K in Japan in its first 3 days (physical) (Famitsu)

Ffxv? Pretty sure its numbers were slightly higher than splatoon.

Also didn't stealth on twitter say it had 800k pre orders in japan like a month ago?
Did people cancel on them or something?

Also dq 11 might even outsell it individually at least in the first week... But who knows.
I don't think Stealth is a reliable source.

Oreoleo

Over 50% attach rate in 3 days is certainly something. The game is CRAZY fun though so the sales are well deserved.

Also didn't stealth on twitter say it had 800k pre orders in japan like a month ago?

they cancelled because of the phone app /s
he's totally wrong in the 1st place

stealth took the preorder numbers at one retailer chain in Japan and multiplied it by 10 lol

you mean 1000

Also dq 11 might even outsell it individually at least in the first week... But who knows.

Actually xx preorders arent doing decently at all in japan from what i can tell. No idea why...

stealth took the preorder numbers at one retailer chain in Japan and multiplied it by 1000 lol

Fisico

Lol it already outsold BotW and MK8DX. That's crazy and kind of sad for BotW. I don't know why the Japanese don't like Zelda more. :(

?

It will end up as the best selling Zelda title of the last 10 years (Phantom Hourglass 900k 2007) or the last 20 years even (Ocarina of Time 1.1M)

Zelda as never been as big in Japan as it was in western markets.

Great performance for Splatoon, hardware bump is okayish but nowhere near enough to satisfy the demand which is still a shame :(

quite insane numbers considering the installbase or lack thereof. this game will easily do 2 million in japan

Splatoon was in the top 10 in Japan for over a year despite being on the rapidly declining Wii U and only dropped by the time the Switch was clear to get the sequel.

I think this can do more than 2 mil.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Pretty impressive - this game will be one of the biggest this generation. +100k Switches sold is at least something, i expected around 110k i think....so thats good.

NSESN

Yes, FFXV sold slightly better in its first week(700k+) but I don't know much. DQXI PS4 have great chances to outsell FFXV tho, it just needs a bit over a million.

NCpiZEP.jpg

?

It will end up as the best selling Zelda title of the last 10 years (Phantom Hourglass 900k 2007) or the last 20 years even (Ocarina of Time 1.1M)

Zelda as never been as big in Japan as it was in western markets.

Great performance for Splatoon, hardware bump is okayish but nowhere near enough to satisfy the demand which is still a shame :(

I know Zelda isn't big in Japan. It's still sad to me it's not bigger there.

MoonFrog

Whew.

Those Switch numbers are a relief after information was pointing at lower than 100k earlier today. Hope the other trackers paint a similar picture!

Splatoon 2 opened well for such a small install base, for sure. Actually a bit disappointed after the 800k predictions :p, but that is me being stupid.

noshten

Whew.

Those Switch numbers are a relief after information was pointing at lower than 100k earlier today. Hope the other trackers paint a similar picture!

Splatoon 2 opened well for such a small install base, for sure. Actually a bit disappointed after the 800k predictions :p, but that is me being stupid.

Considering this is just physical and doesn't include Amazon 800K for the launch is pretty much confirmed.

Mory Dunz

Solidified as a core Nintendo franchise for sure.

Wonder what the next one will be.

We got ARMS and Xenoblade so far.

ARMS remains to be seen, but got core-like promotion.
Xenoblade gets core treatment definitely, but sales haven't quite matched that yet. Xeno2 will be interesting.

Splatoon making its way up the Nintendo ranks. I'm thinking it's at an A rank!

Mario (included the usual spinoffs), Zelda, Pokémon, Animal Crossing and Splatoon are in Top Tier.

Shauni

Lol at all those silly ass low ball numbers in the prediction thread. Unless this just tanks legs-wise it'll easily outsell the first by a decent margin.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I know Zelda isn't big in Japan. It's still sad to me it's not bigger there.

Zelda is big in Japan - if it was on PS4 on DQXI and FFXV would have sold more than Zelda. Its just like Splatoon is massive. Thats like arguing that game XY is underperforming because GTAV sold over 70m.

Meier

Absolutely incredible. Not a question on if it surpasses the original -- simply when. It will be very evergreen.

Top Bottom