• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadoken

Capcom could bring arcade mode, extra battle, and more content and people still won't care.

But damn if SFV didn't win GAFs fighting game of the year despite the hate.

It even got twice the votes of MKX. I dont think any other FG will ever come close to SF or Smash on GAF.

I am guessing because.

a) They nerfed Bazooka knee horizontal hitbox , so its probably hitting much closer than before.

b) Cammy collision box might be small so its allowing you to move under.

I'm going with the former as it works against all characters in size.

Duress

I'm still confused on the use of instant air gales. I know it's + on hit but I have no idea how to apply it. Seems like people could react to it without much thought.

Well, at least we now know when to expect news. That's something.

People complain about companies announcing announcements, but honestly I'm happy to have any sort of timeline for reveals, info-dumps, and the like. It is much preferable to having no idea when the next bit of information is being released, and it's something that companies can do before the actual reveal is ready. I do, however, draw the line at announcing the announcement of announcements.

myco666

Played a match first time since the day Akuma released. I am fucking garbage haha.

edit.
7 casual matches and won only 3 games. Rough start and I still play Birdie like it is S1 lol.

Actually it does make sense to release it now tbh. He was one of the worst characters in 3s and now he's one of the worst characters in S2. Pretty nostalgic tbh
In that case they should just return his spiral DDT, mp+mk overhead and old D j.HP (just let it keep it's current hitstun). Then Alex would be like 95% complete even if he is still kinda meh.
I would have preferred she-honda
No FemAbel?

ElFly

https://www.twitch.tv/daigothebeastv

Itazan on Daigo's stream. Let's see that top tier Zangief.

edit: Itazan (Zangief) now playing Daigo's Guile.

feel that the balrog could have done better if he hadn't keep comboing into Gief's V-Skill. it is p slow and Balrog could have avoided retaliation if he had stopped the combo -he does it at the start, then gets baited as the rounds advance- in time instead of hitting twice and eating the punch and a combo

p impressive against guile. grabbing outside the range of Guile's v-skill or a starting sonic boom is funny

wonder if Daigo played Guile just because the MU is better than using Ryu

Producer

I never seen Bonchan use everything that Nash has. He will always dash up after a CA when he can do a mix up or a Steel Air Reset.

I feel the opposite, he uses most of his tools. From the hard knockdown setups, anti airs, standing resets etc. Its always fun to watch.

HardRojo

Who decided to put the piss green fog filter on this stage?

brAOLiz.gif

I wonder if Capcom could find a solution to make stage backgrounds pop like they do in this mod while keeping character models very visible for gameplay. I'm guessing the reason they use the filter is to make the actual characters more visible so that they don't blend into the background too much.

Looks like Matchmaking is broken again.

EFC4FDDF1E21501DD94D1FF460F7ADB6848C2FD0

Ran into NYC-XYKROM twice through the week and both times was he lagging. There is also a video of him RQ.

In that case they should just return his spiral DDT, mp+mk overhead and old D j.HP (just let it keep it's current hitstun). Then Alex would be like 95% complete even if he is still kinda meh.

No FemAbel?
Can I get crossup stomps tho?

Easy to deal with in 3rd Strike, but I could imagine it would be extremely annoying in this game.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member

There's nothing broken about this, the ultra diamond probably has to wait much longer to get matched up properly, the system obviously won't wait forever so it expanding the rank as time goes on sounds like it's working as intended.

Bigg_Oggy

Ran into NYC-XYKROM twice through the week and both times was he lagging. There is also a video of him RQ.

It seems once you hit platinum, your range jumps all the way up to ultra diamond.

I assume because the player pool isn't as large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom