• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreavus

Question: I just started playing (finished 4 missions so far) and I tried changing my weapon to on that seemed like it was available (meaning it didn't have any requirements to purchase it) but when I clicked on it it said that the weapon I selected had a Level requirement of 2 and I currently was 0... but I'm rank 3. So i don't understand the difference between 'rank' and 'level'

Mastery rank is kind of like your account's level. If you look in the upper left on the map screen you should see a mastery bar (that is probably blinking if you're still at 0). You can click it to do the "test" to become rank 1.

To get higher than that, you need to level up your frame and your weapons. Each frame gives 200 mastery points and each weapon gives 100 mastery points every time they individually level up. These points go towards improving your overall rank, which also unlocks weapons/weapon blueprints.

I'm really enjoying myself so far, but with an Excalibur at Rank 20 or so and only a few blueprints (with several missing components) for other frames, I'm really wondering how much longer I'll have to play before I can start playing with another frame.

I really, really don't want to just buy one. Just seems wrong.

I'm really enjoying myself so far, but with an Excalibur at Rank 20 or so and only a few blueprints (with several missing components) for other frames, I'm really wondering how much longer I'll have to play before I can start playing with another frame.

just have a look at the wiki, like i did.
I also didn't know where to get the resources but wiki has it al good explained.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Yup, check out the wiki and start doing assassination runs.

If you already farmed a ton of resources you can have a new warframe in a few days.

I have been playing since the early beta with nothing but Excaliber. For me it is the most well rounded warframe to use. Plus I think it looks the coolest.

Kard8p3

Queston; is there a certain point you have to progress to before you can use powers? Because I picked the MAG, and it is already level 3, and I am still not able to use any powers.

Dreavus

Queston; is there a certain point you have to progress to before you can use powers? Because I picked the MAG, and it is already level 3, and I am still not able to use any powers.

Gotta install them in your mod slots first. (click the little wrench below your frame in the arsenal screen.)

What frame is everyone running?

Starting to accumulate some Banshee components, and while I have my eye on Frost ultimately, was wondering if anyone has any experience with Ember or Rhino.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
I run a Volt with Shock and Overload, leaving Electric Shield and Speed off for the extra capacity.

My current build:

Shock (max level)
Overload (max level)
Flow - level 0
Focus - level 1
Redirection (shield - level 7)
Vitatlity (health - level 4)
Steel Fiber (armor - level 2)

Have one extra point remaining.. my frame is level 20 with an orokin reactor installed.

Right now I'm running Banshee and loving the Sonic Boom & Sound Quake skills. Sonar is also really neat and has a very sweet looking outline effect. Still need to try Silence, but I don't solo that much :p

As for Ember and Rhino... Ember was great to farm Infested with pre-U7, but I really haven't played her since. I only played Rhino a little, and he seemed pretty good. The Charge skill is awesome at times because it just vaporizes enemies, and Iron Skin was great for reviving incap'd players and meleeing Toxic Ancients :p

Oh!

Livestream #4 tomorrow!

The Art of Warframe: Livestream #4!

Join us as we sit down with Warframe's illustrious Art Director, Michael Brennan a.k.a Mynki!

When? Wednesday, April 24th @ 2PM EDT!

What? We will answer some burning community questions on just how Warframe gets its unique look, while learning about the process of creating the art of the Warframes. Also Joining us will be Animation Director, Geoff Crookes, to chime in on bringing the Warframes to life.

Get ready for never-before-seen art and insight from the Art Director himself!

Who? Michael Brennan a.k.a Mynki, Geoff Crookes, and Rebecca!

Where? Our Twitch Channel! http://www.twitch.tv/warframe

See you all there :D!
[link]

Bombless

Sound Quake is all I need on my Banshee, though I also run Sonic Boom (terrible damage and range, but eh, it's an oh shit button for 25 energy). Mobile defence missions especially get MURDERED by Sound Quake. It reaches through walls and everything but deals damage over time, not straight away. Still haven't maxed it.

I use Reach Focus and Continuity on all my power frames. It seems to work well on Sound Quake, but for some reason I'm not seeing much improvement on Ember with it. But then again Ember is so bad outside Infested missions :(

I had a really unfortunate moment last night. A Hellfire mod dropped and I misread the tooltip as reading damage instead of fire damage, so I dumped a bunch of cores into it.

It was only when I applied it to my deck that I realized my error. Am I right in that fire damage is really only useful against Infested? Grineer and Corpus seem to be lit just as well, but I'm assuming the DOT is significantly reduced.

Abandond

excalibur is also considered the most OP warframe in the game. slash dash is insanely broken.

finally going to have my akbolto when i get home, in between farming for nyx or ember.

Ahhh! I forgot about the Livestream!

Just watched the recording... Pretty neat discussion on the game's art style and influences and showed some cool concept art.

Things I remember off the top of my head:
- hinted at a scythe type weapon
- working on more alt helms
- new Warframe going to be a trapper type - Grenade ability?
- possible gender swap in the future
- possible more customization for frames
- different Grineer tileset
- Orokin tileset
- try and have a livestream every 2 weeks :D

And as always, there is a special 12 hour alert. Orokin Catalyst on Earth... should be ~ 8 hours left to grab it!

Oh! And it appears there was a hotfix patch today:
Update 7.8.1:

Additions:
- All Cheaters will now be Banned. No Exceptions!
Hacking/Cheating bans are now automatic. Our existing cheat/hack detection code that has been tracking hacks and is now configured to take action automatically now. Do not run hacking programs while playing Warframe. You will be banned.
- Mod UI has received significant improvements:
Added category tabs to the Mod pages
Enabled fusion for installed mods
No longer resets to page one after selling mods
Misc. bug fixes.

Changes:
- Inventory Checkpoint for Endless Defense added. Reaching every fifth wave (5, 10, 15…) locks in rewards earned to that point.

Fixes:
- Fix for inventory transactions committing 3 times if log server is unresponsive
- Fix for spy mission objective resetting after host migration
- Fix Trinity’s Link ability destroying equipped Sentinel.

UPDATE: HOT-HOT-FIXES @ 1:35 PM EST

- Mod UI will now display Shotgun for Primary.
- UI Properly filters out old fusion cores.
- Rename gun Mod categories: 2H is now Primary and 1H is now Secondary.
- UI no longer shows "Equipped" icon for mods that were just purchased
- Added Tooltips for mod tabs.
- Fix for "news feed" inching further and further up the screen each time you relogin to game.
- "Hold to Wall Run" option now properly saves.
- Fixed missed FX when gibbing an enemy on client
- Fix for post-fusion UI errors. Mod slots were not properly vacated, and fusion could be performed in error.
[link]

Twitch livestream
Youtube livestream

Wizman23

Banned
Is anyone else not able to change colors on their character or weapons? I can get the color palette screen to pop and change colors, but the "back" button disappears and there is no "save" option anywhere on the screen. I also was going to bitch about not being able to upgrade mods you have installed on your weapons, but it looks like that was patched in today.

SinSilla

The color management interface is weird, hitting escape to exit the menu seems to save the changes though.

How rare are the orokin reactors/catalysts btw? I'm inclined to get me some platinum for that purpose, but i fear i'll miss out on that feeling of accomplishment then.

Bombless

Yes, to save the colour settings just use ESC. For the reactors, there was an alert after the livestream with a catalyst blueprint as a reward. The alert lasted 12 hours. They did that twice now if i'm not mistaken (missed the first one).

The infamous GLAIVE is upon us today!

7.9.0: The Glaive

vKAJLaB.jpg

- New melee weapon: The Glaive.
- Added new damage deformers for enemies, meaning more ways to dismember your foes.
- Added Dual Dagger stealth attack (was sharing dual sword stealth attack).
- Added new Grineer death/fall sounds.

Changes:

- Frost power mods moved to common pool, increased chance for drops.
- Increased base Crit Chance and Damage on Grakata.
- Trinity and Mag's helmet effect now works with "energy" palette color changes.
- Moved Objectives to later part of missions so the route to extraction is shorter after objective is complete.
- Toned down lighting/flare on most melee weapons.
- Added damage fall-off to all shotguns--no more shotgun sniping.
- Revised sounds for security cameras.
- Revised sound for Trinity's Link power.
- Multiple improvements to various sounds events (mixing, attenuation, surface materials).
- Removed pit under Jackal spawn to prevent any accidents.
- Gorgon accuracy adjustments while aimed.
- Fire rate adjustments to Akimbo and Semi-Auto Pistols.

Fixes:

- Fixed Saryn's Miasma power not awarding XP or kills.
- Fixed Saryn's Miasma power not being affected by Continuity or Focus mods.
- Fixed Saryn's Venom power not being affected by Continuity mod.
- Fixed the linking of Loki's Decoy and Switch Teleport powers that was causing avatars to sometimes fall outside the level.
- Fixed Trinity's link ability that was affecting/destroying her Sentinel.
- Fixed Rhino Charge and Slash Dash powers framerate dependencies, powers now consistently work as intended.
- Fixed Banshee Soundquake power that was causing visibility issues for other players (not the caster).
- Fixed Ember's Fire Blast power that was causing visibility issues for other players (not the caster).
- Fixed Apex particles that would remain on ragdolls after using Nyx's Mind Control power.
- Fixed Mag's Shield Polarize power playing sound twice.
- Fixed Frost's Freeze power not being affected by Continuity mod.
- Fixed Frost's Snow Globe power not being affected by Continuity and Range mods.
- Fixed Ancient Healer power that was not healing surrounding Infested.
- Fixed Nyx's armband FX showing up with projectors.
- Fixed some Defense mission issues with enemies spawning in areas they can't get down from.
- Fixed host migration during Spy missions where objectives would reset for clients after a host migration.
- Fixed Slash Dash not dealing appropriate damage on clients.
- Fixed login rewards clobbering your current loadout.
- Fixed Long Range weapons not consistently hitting targets at 50m or greater.
- Fixed visibility of "BACK" button on color customization screen.
- Fixed various bugs and nav mesh issues in reported levels.
- Fixed common matchmaking issue where users would receive a “Disconnected” error.
- Fixed Sentinel death affect that was causing frame rate issues.
- Fixed Ash’s Bladestorm power, it will no longer target turrets or security cameras.
- Fixed Login reward handing out "0 Shotgun Ammo" boxes.

...Which appears to be platinum purchase only atm...

Edit:

They snuck in this:

*Glaive blueprints are part of the Alert system.

^ Sent!

Oh my glob.

I upgraded the heck out of my duel ether swords... Only lvl 20, but I dropped a Catalyst in it, then proceeded to put a max ranked crit chance, crit dmg, melee dmg, and attack speed mods on it.

...Then I changed my melee attack binding to scroll wheel down.

It-... It's beautiful.

I am knee slashing so fast I think I'm doing it twice! And it's SO much better than spamming E, lol. If you have a fast melee weapon, I highly suggest changing it! I also put E as my secondary melee binding, it was too weird to using scroll wheel for jump attacks :p

Can't wait to get these swords to lvl 30 with armor pen and fire dmg or something haha.

Reminds me of my new baby Gorgon. The spool up time feels weird, but once the gun gets rolling (after about 5 rounds) things start dying very fast and in explosive ways. You get used to it pretty quick, and the "slow" fire rate mode can be used to headshot mooks when you aren't dealing with a small army.

I slapped serration and fire damage on the thing and started doing some infestation cleansing. A little payback for all of those disrupter bastards screwing with me when I was just using a Braton.

Started playing this game last night with a friend.

You know what..... holy shit it's kinda fun. Love the fast-action ninja-y gameplay. I do see how it could get overly repetitive though. Do the environments/enemies/objectives become more varied as you travel to the other planets? Or does farming for mods and blueprints constitute most of the "content"?

Abandond

Started playing this game last night with a friend.

You know what..... holy shit it's kinda fun. Love the fast-action ninja-y gameplay. I do see how it could get overly repetitive though. Do the environments/enemies/objectives become more varied as you travel to the other planets? Or does farming for mods and blueprints constitute most of the "content"?

The environments are randomly generated and picked from a set amount of tiles which come together. Righr now you have corpus tiles, grineer tiles and infested grineer tiles with plans for infested only tiles next patch iirc. Theres not THAT much mob variety but IMO you're too busy wrecking everyone to care. The variety is definitely there with the mods. There are a decent amout of objectives though.

Just play the game and dont worry about it potentially becoming repetitive. I dont think it will be. Im already 60 hours in and Im still having a ton of fun with the group I play with regularly.

Khronico

Just started playing yesterday. Already got 8 hours in.... This game is GOOD. Love the fast paced gunplay and how it integrates parkour. I got one question though: Is Paris a good weapon? I've seen people wreck Grineer mobs with it, but I heard from other people that it isn't all that great.

Just started playing yesterday. Already got 8 hours in.... This game is GOOD. Love the fast paced gunplay and how it integrates parkour. I got one question though: Is Paris a good weapon? I've seen people wreck Grineer mobs with it, but I heard from other people that it isn't all that great.

Well its all based on peoples preferences, personally i think its awesome but everyone has their own opinion.

I'm getting behind on my Warframe stuff! This was posted yesterday:

Intercepted Corpus transmission

The forums made quick work of translating it:
Chairman
The Key Works
We will profit.
Orokin salvage is incredible.
The weapon fusion was a success.
The new machines eviscerated our captured Tenno specimen.
There are millions prepared.
Should we launch?
The traitorous lotus will not be forever blind to our plan.
Please advise,
Collector Apacus

7.10 is here

WEEKEND EXTERMINATION EVENT!

The Moa Army has landed!

Tenno, now is the time to fight. You will be rewarded.

This is a call to arms: Update Warframe now!

byKHXpg.jpg

ADDITIONS:

- New "Operations" global challenge system.
- New Corpus enemy type: Fusion MOA.
- New Warframe mod: Retribution.
- New Warframe mod: Handspring.
- New rifle mod: Thunderbolt.
- Added new "Smoke" colour palette.
- Added new death animations for Infested Charger, and Grineer Marine class enemies.

CHANGES:

- Allow users to zoom out & view entire star chart so long as session isn't public (i.e. user is waiting for random players to join via matchmaking) and final countdown isn't running.
- Mod fusion screen now resizes based on viewport size and uses a scroll bar.
- Charged melee glow now uses energy color from color picker.
- All Shotguns get a boost, effective range increased. Hek is boosted further than Strun and Boar.
- Gorgon rifle accuracy increases.
- Snipetron now has Armor Piercing damage by default, but with a slight increase to recoil.
- Burston rifle hip fire accuracy increases.
- Braton damage buff.
- Corpus Crewman head shot armor piercing multiplier reduced.
- Saryn's Moult power now has a timer, was highly exploitable
- Nyx's Chaos power now has a timer.
- Can no longer join alert missions after they’ve expired.
- Replaying an alert mission that you’ve already successfully completed will no longer award credits.

FIXES:

- Fixed issue where mods would somehow occupy the same spot and could not be accessed.
- Fixed FX on Ether Swords and Ether Daggers.
- Fixed missing terrain in Grineer levels.
- Fixed client's indication of revive progress not showing up, number of free revives on clients not being correct.
- Fixed extraction timer starting in MP when a player reaches the end trigger then goes inactive.
- Fixed Freeze Damage mods not working on some Grineer enemy types.
- Fixed bug where you could use Loki to Switch Teleport with a downed capture target.
- Fixed Loki's Switch Teleport not working on Shockwave MOA.
- Fixed Loki's Decoy power that would hang around after its creator left the game.
- Fixed distortion FX on fires.
- Fixed Datamass not being obtainable after its been teleported/respawned.
- Fixed Paris and Boar sounds that were not consistent between what the user hears and what the other players hear.
- Fixed Mag's Crush power being locked "in use" after using destructive power on explosive nervos.
- Fixed bug where lag on clients could be exploited to avoid damage from AI.
- Fixed avatars falling through active elevators when selecting revive.
- Fixed various level holes and mesh errors.
- Fixed multiple graphics related crashes.
- Fixed mods not affecting Banshee’s sonar power.
[link]

Pretty neat event!

Millions of Fusion Moas have descended upon Europa!

Destroy this Moa Army before the weekend ends and you will be rewarded. Fail, and risk the Corpus acquiring greater Orokin technology.

Everyone must work together to reach this goal. There is a Global Progress Bar in the UI under "Operations". Fight hard, Tenno!

I've just noticed this game on Steam and I downloaded it since it was free.

I hated it. It's ugly, boring and you have to pay or grind for everything.

vcrHoBm.jpg

VICTORY TENNO!

- All Tenno who killed at least 1 Fusion Moa received a FROST PRIME BLUEPRINT and 100K Credits!
- It's not too late to participate... if you haven't participated yet, you still have until Monday 12pm EDT to kill some Fusion Moas in Europa and get the reward when the event ends! Not unlocked? Join a friend who has it unlocked!
- Millions of Fusion MOAs were destroyed!
- Monday the top Players and top Clans will be posted who caused the most mayhem!
- Update 8 [~2 weeks] reveals hidden Orokin locations along with FROST PRIME’s parts... soon you will discover how PRIME Warframes interact with the Ancient Orokin technology!
[link]

Yeah, all that gold trim on his face doesn't really match his body haha.

Livestream #5 coming up!
Who?
Steve, Geoff, Scott & Rebecca!
When?
May 8 @ 2 PM EDT!
What?
- We will be taking some questions from this forum thread! Post your questions here!
- We will also take some questions from the LiveStream chat.
- We will also be giving out 3 $50 Platinum prizes to 3 lucky viewers!
Where? www.Twitch.tv/Warframe

Can’t wait to see you there!
[link]

K.Sabot

I killed a fusion moa but never got my frost prime blueprint....

FML Was I supposed to kill like a hundred of them or something?

Was it during the event? Maybe you didn't kill it and someone stole the kill... Who knows :S

I'm sure it'll be on the market for credits like the rest of the frames eventually. Er, or, like a reward BP like Banshee.

New frame this Friday!

Introducing, Vauban!

bgXvV3d.png

The highly tactical VAUBAN uses his powers to create deadly traps that can zap, imprison and dimensionally crush enemies.

How can you add Vauban to your Arsenal on Friday? By one of two ways!

1) Via Platinum in the Market
2) Via Blueprint in the Market, with Components scattered across the Solar System in “?” Alert Missions. Keep your eyes peeled, Tenno!
[link]

Also worth quoting:
Not wanting to relive the Glaive experience, we’d like to inform the community about the Engineer Warframe and just how you will obtain him! Starting on Friday, a new Tenno joins the ranks! The Engineer frame! How? By Platinum or through the purchase of a Blueprint whose parts can be found via “?” Alerts. BEFORE YOU CRY FOUL: these Alerts will not be as rare as Catalyst/Reactors. Banshee herself follows a similar acquisition, as her parts need to be found over time.
[link]

Xanezz

Banned
I'm ready as I'll ever be.
I'm just hoping they'll at least distribute some bp's over the course of this weekend. They let it sound a little ambiguous.

I think it's kind of funny...

Instead of actually playing the game, you just sit and watch the alert twitter feed for his blueprints. At least with Banshee you could do Defense missions and the like for her stuff...

The only winning move is not to play.
Until a "?" alert.

Dreavus

I think it's kind of funny...

Instead of actually playing the game, you just sit and watch the alert twitter feed for his blueprints. At least with Banshee you could do Defense missions and the like for her stuff...

The only winning move is not to play.
Until a "?" alert.

I think they should think about more ways to spend credits. The avid players are probably sitting on hundreds of thousands, so as soon as something new comes out, they can buy the blueprint immediately no matter what it costs.

Putting the blueprints into alerts makes it more difficult to instantly get, so I suppose they're thinking people will say "fuck it" and just buy the stuff with platinum. Not sure if that's whats going to actually happen

Xanezz

Banned
I think they should think about more ways to spend credits. The avid players are probably sitting on hundreds of thousands, so as soon as something new comes out, they can buy the blueprint immediately no matter what it costs.

To be fair, the Dojo concepts during the livestream looked like you'll need a bunch of money for the construction of rooms.
So if you have any interest in a clan dojo at all, there might be a new way of spending tons of credits coming up sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom