• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Man... after walking both Reddick and Altuve, everyone went to the mound, and you could clearly see Fulmer's mouth yelling "GOD DAMNIT!" I don't know what happened to his finger.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Travis Sawchik - Fangraphs said:
But what if I told you there was a way to give the No. 1 Wild Card a much greater advantage while keeping the Wild Card round to one day? Would you be interested? I thought so.

The solution already exists in the real world, in practice, in the Korea Baseball Organization. In South Korea, the Wild Card round is a best-of-two affair. The lower seed, the road team in both potential games, must beat the No. 1 seed twice. The top seed must win just once to advance.
sure, why not.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/lets-improve-the-wild-card-round/

Mrbob

The is going to be a crushing loss for the Brewers if they can't come back. Cubs were one pitch away twice from losing tonight.

Velcro Fly

This game has had it all including a wide variety of replay reviews

Rizzo slid right into the glove. What was the home plate umpire looking at?

zulux21

alright mil. it's time to strike back and stun the cubs, and start your sweep.

as it would be nice to see you win the division and if you lose tonight that greatly decreases in odds.

edit:

:(

Mrbob

Feels bad helping the Cardinals get back in the wild card chase but gotta take care of business to win the division.

Rockies playing garbage teams and losing down the stretch.

RBH

Rocky Gale is 29 years old. He has been in San Diego’s minor-league system since 2010, and he has spent almost all of that time in Triple-A. Other than a very brief showing as a September call-up in 2015—eleven games, only one of which he got to play more than three innings, with ten plate appearances and one hit—he had no major-league experience until tonight. His legal name is Rocky, really. (Middle name Michael.)

In his first trip to the plate tonight, he hit his first major-league home run. It hit the second deck, it tied the Padres’ single-season team home run record (that was number 177), and it made him very happy.
http://deadspin.com/come-bask-in-the-glow-of-rocky-gales-delight-for-his-fi-1818610167/amp

amt7kq3q2pitlpumqnqo.gif

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
lol @ this comment:
deadspin comment said:
Fuck this guy. Brian McCann, Dustin Pedroia, and Brett Gardner didn’t fight their entire careers so this asshole could smile after hitting a dinger. These warriors take the game seriously, as should this career minor leaguer.

The right baseball play tomorrow is for the starting pitcher to put a fastball in his earhole. Any other reaction is an open endorsement for this profane and disrespectful behavior.

Sephzilla

God damnit, Brewers. The Rockies drop two games so of course the Brewers also have to drop two games.

Hopefully Braun finds some of that home-stretch clutch factor he had during their last playoff pushes.

Fox318

lol @ this comment:

I swear to god I want to fucking fight people like this.

I know this is sarcasm but I've met so many fucks like this. I've even met little league coaches that told their kids to throw inside after a team celebrated a double.

Its a fucking sickness and most of the people who foster it are not talent shitheads.

Beckx

I swear to god I want to fucking fight people like this.

I know this is sarcasm but I've met so many fucks like this. I've even met little league coaches that told their kids to throw inside after a team celebrated a double.

Its a fucking sickness and most of the people who foster it are not talent shitheads.

it's a sickness that's grown over so many years I now feel like it's about to kill the patient.

-------------

in happier news Japan High School HR record smasher Kotaro Kiyomiya is going pro and entering the NPB draft. Legit could be the next big Japanese hitter to come to MLB though that's many years away.

Wade Davis is a monster. The guy has looked better down the stretch and working more.

Yeah, he's a beast down the stretch and in the postseason. This is from a Royals fan that has seen him in that position multiple times.

He's just generally a dominant reliever ('14-'15 especially). Glad he's having success with your team, even though Soler hasn't turned into much for us so far.

bebop242

Yeah, he's a beast down the stretch and in the postseason. This is from a Royals fan that has seen him in that position multiple times.

He's just generally a dominant reliever ('14-'15 especially). Glad he's having success with your team, even though Soler has turned into much for us so far.

I hope Soler figures it out someday. I liked him as a Cub, always looked like he had the capability and skill to be a good player.

gamz

He's just generally a dominant reliever ('14-'15 especially). Glad he's having success with your team, even though Soler has turned into much for us so far.

I think most Cubs fans are pulling for Soler dude is a beast when he's locked in.

But, yeah, Wade's been nails. I honestly wasn't expecting this.

Tigers have announced Brad Ausmus will not return in 2018.

Not surprised honestly.

I hope Soler figures it out someday. I liked him as a Cub, always looked like he had the capability and skill to be a good player.

I think most Cubs fans are pulling for Soler dude is a beast when he's locked in.

But, yeah, Wade's been nails. I honestly wasn't expecting this.

Yeah, I've been pulling for some former players before, so yeah, I understand.

Far as Wade goes, I don't think he'll ever top his value from 2014-2015, but he's still dominant as hell. It was crazy seeing him being a really bad starter in 2013 and becoming the most dominant reliever in 2014. It was totally weird and awesome to see happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom