• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantom Dust |OT| Out of the ashes, into the Dust

wwm0nkey

Absolutely crazy that this is going to be free. Hopefully it doesn't mean the game has been rebalanced in a negative way. Definitely going to try this out tomorrow.

All the card data is stored on the cloud, they can modify the game at any time which is interesting.

Wedzi

Banned
Looking forward to giving this game a shot tomorrow night. Can't wait to see why people are still very fond of this game.

Colbert

Banned
Never played the original one and will give it a try. So thats +1 regarding audience.

Agree to the comment of the OP.

Wait, it is free? Nice move. MS.

Mechazawa

I'm curious what they ended up doing with the online since this thing is purported to have that Arena integration which I guess means they touched something in the game's online backend.

Hoping for a smooth party system that let's me easily 2v2 randos with a friend, but expecting original Xbox server list jank.

Zeta Oni

I'm curious what they ended up doing with the online since this thing is purported to have that Arena integration which I guess means they touched something in the game's online backend.

Hoping for a smooth party system that let's me easily 2v2 randos with a friend, but expecting original Xbox server list jank.

The old Xbox live has been completely replaced with the newest iteration, so you've got nothing to worry about.

Mechazawa

The old Xbox live has been completely replaced with the newest iteration, so you've got nothing to worry about.

The thing is though, that the way Adam Isgreen was talking on the Polygon interview about how reverse engineering the game limited what they could actually change, makes me worried that they had to keep all the same menus and systems for how you search/create matches. That and we haven't actually seen anything from the online.

Hope you're right, though.

Zeta Oni

The thing is though, that the way Adam Isgreen was talking on the Polygon interview about how reverse engineering the game limited what they could actually change, makes me worried that they had to keep all the same menus and systems for how you search/create matches. That and we haven't actually seen anything from the online.

Hope you're right, though.

Oh, in that case yeah everything is gonna be the same as it was back in 2004, except now a lot prettier.

Except now you can do LFG posts and Arena tournaments.

Is this a stealth release? When did they anmounce the release date? I have been following this game for years and only found out now it is being released today.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I hope this game is legitimately good and not just "cult classic" good but in reality it's shit.

It's good just don't expect some hyper speed crazy game, it's fairly medium paced and at the start as you are getting things built up pretty slow. It's pretty much a card game played on foot with the cards being actions

Raide

I would love to see more games that do this, just to open up the userbase and fish for interest on potential sequels.

Ushay

It should be going up for download sometime today. When it goes up you will be able to find it on the Xbox One store or the Windows 10 store.

I think It usually updates at 10:00 am EST which is 3:00 pm in the UK

Great, can't wait to finally complete this game. I started it back on OG Xbox but never got around to completion.

Really hope this gets the interest and sequel it deserves. I honestly think Phantom Dust will be a hit if given the right budget and talent.

Top Bottom