• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$25 off $100 purchases with VISA Checkout is back with BestBuy.com

Zesh

I'm thinking about making a final order for Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade 2, but I'm very hesitant on Splatoon 2 since we don't know how much Nintendo's online will cost (and I sure as hell am not paying $60 a year for it) and I feel like Xenoblade 2 might get a CE...

You can always cancel your order if you change your mind. I think a CE for Xenoblade 2 is pretty likely, though.

I'm thinking about making a final order for Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade 2, but I'm very hesitant on Splatoon 2 since we don't know how much Nintendo's online will cost (and I sure as hell am not paying $60 a year for it) and I feel like Xenoblade 2 might get a CE...

Even if Nintendo's online pricing is terrible, it won't kick in until sometime in the fall, and you'll have had months of free online with Splatoon 2. Plus, when you're only paying $40ish for these games, you should be able to recoup most of your investment by trading it in at Best Buy or some other place for at least $30 when paid online kicks in.

jjonez18

Picked up Gravity Rush 2, KH2.8, Horizon, Nier, and $10 worth of Gift Cards which I'll use to get Persona 5 for $37. So in total...5 $60 games for about 200.

inc77

All I want is a pro controller, damnit. Anyways, I ended up getting the Joy-con grip charger and neon red-blue joycons. Great deal, and I still have all my pre-orders from November.

Pre-ordered Arms for Switch and Nier for PS4.

This deal is nutso. I've pre-ordered so many games since the first time I saw this back in November.

Yeah, it's amazing.

I feel like it'll get a CE too.

bubumiao

we don't know how much Nintendo's online will cost (and I sure as hell am not paying $60 a year for it)

Sony and Microsoft charge $60/year for their services and now Nintendo is charging $70 for a fucking controller so... I'm betting you'll be paying at least $60 for Nintendo's service as well.

Sony and Microsoft charge $60/year for their services and now Nintendo is charging $70 for a fucking controller so... I'm betting you'll be paying at least $60 for Nintendo's service as well.

Yeah, I didn't see your point at first given that you're comparing a piece of hardware to a service, but you put it so eloquently here; I'm not sure how anyone wouldn't be convinced by your logic.

I see the joycons are up..but only the gray and red/blue option. I wanted to pick up the all blue option. Will Visa checkout play nice with replacements? Like if I pre-order the red/blue, then exchange it for the all red when I go in store to pick up? Wish they just put the all red or all blue option up..

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I see the joycons are up..but only the gray and red/blue option. I wanted to pick up the all blue option. Will Visa checkout play nice with replacements? Like if I pre-order the red/blue, then exchange it for the all red when I go in store to pick up? Wish they just put the all red or all blue option up..

I'm going to guess it won't play nice.

Vibed

I can't decide GAF. I want all 5 Breath of the Wild Amiibo, but most of all want the Guardian one ($20). I don't have GCU, but if I got GCU with it I'd total at $97 because of the discount. GCU would be nice but I have Prime so I almost feel like I won't use it enough.

I also feel like a second set of joy cons is a good idea, as would a charging grip, but I can live without the grip. Those two together would cost $110, so I could potentially order all of what I want across two orders. However if I have GCU and also use this discount, I'm gonna want to preorder all the games I plan to get on Switch and whatnot throughout the year...

I'm kinda leaning toward just getting a pair of joy cons and the Guardian amiibo. What do you guys think?

Flandy

Don't they just do the first initial one once you put in your order then actually charge you once your item ships?

I'm not sure what you mean by every other week.

I got in on this deal last time and they've been doing periodic authorization charges since then. It's annoying

I can't decide GAF. I want all 5 Breath of the Wild Amiibo, but most of all want the Guardian one ($20). I don't have GCU, but if I got GCU with it I'd total at $97 because of the discount. GCU would be nice but I have Prime so I almost feel like I won't use it enough.

I also feel like a second set of joy cons is a good idea, as would a charging grip, but I can live without the grip. Those two together would cost $110, so I could potentially order all of what I want across two orders. However if I have GCU and also use this discount, I'm gonna want to preorder all the games I plan to get on Switch and whatnot throughout the year...

I'm kinda leaning toward just getting a pair of joy cons and the Guardian amiibo. What do you guys think?

or get the pair of Joy cons and the GCU. it is really worth it, believe me, I haven't shopped for games at amazon forever, and I also have prime

sensui-tomo

Gcu trumps prime in games due to the whole: Prime only works on newly released games for a short time. GCU works on any new games (aka not opened) and on toys for life and stacks on top of sale prices (doesnt stack on price matching just like amazon)

Def get GCU. It is 20% off EVERY game. Not just new or preorders. Plus if something is on sale you get an extra 20% off on top of that.

Lots of big new games for pre-order also get $10 rewards coupons in addition to being just 47.99 (after 20%).

ecierif

It won't let me apply the Visa Check out and the emailed $10 code. Anyone able to combine them?

I believe the pre-tax total has to be at least $100. I lost the Visa Checkout discount when my $10 code made my total less than $100, then returned once I added a $5 giftcard to put it back over $100. Then both worked.

goldenpp72

Seems to be classed as a gift card. Perhaps it drops it below the $100 threshold?

Are you reading it wrong? I did this once as well, it didn't change the price on the right or 'reduce the cost, but if you look at the order summary it shows say, 80 bucks taken from your CC, and 20 taken from you gift card. Do you see anything like that?

Def get GCU. It is 20% off EVERY game. Not just new or preorders. Plus if something is on sale you get an extra 20% off on top of that.

Lots of big new games for pre-order also get $10 rewards coupons in addition to being just 47.99 (after 20%).
You'd have to buy more than $200 worth of games and accessories for the $48.00 to pay off.
For someone who buys like 5 or more games a year, I could see how it could be worth it.

bubumiao

It won't let me apply the Visa Check out and the emailed $10 code. Anyone able to combine them?

Your total needs to be $100 after the $10 gift card deducted from the total. Visa discount won't apply like last time if you're close to $100. Play around with it adding cheaper items to your cart until you get it to work.

Are you reading it wrong? I did this once as well, it didn't change the price on the right or 'reduce the cost, but if you look at the order summary it shows say, 80 bucks taken from your CC, and 20 taken from you gift card. Do you see anything like that?

This. Have to go look at your order details after transaction goes through. My total showed as $112.76 but when i checked in order details, it was split into $102.76 cc and $10.00 gc.

Glassboy

It's going to be a sad day when this stops working the way everyone is using it now lol. Luckily I have so many games preordered. Between this deal and Comcast's data caps, I'm actually reverting back to physical games.

I'm super confused...

If gift cards are excluded, how are people adding $5 gift cards to make a $96 purchase cross the $100 threshold?

I'm at $96 with two preorders and don't understand whether or not I can add a $5 best buy gift card.

sensui-tomo

I'm super confused...

If gift cards are excluded, how are people adding $5 gift cards to make a $96 purchase cross the $100 threshold?

I'm at $96 with two preorders and don't understand whether or not I can add a $5 best buy gift card.

gift cards i believe are excluded for the purchase aka using a $50 giftcard and $50 visa to make the purchase of $100/+ for whatever you're buying. buying a giftcard is a filler item you can use to make a $96 into a $101 thus allowing you to get a $25 off that purchase.

galvatron

Zelda: BotW
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
$5 gift card
Total: $82.92

Puyo Puyo Tetris
1 2 Switch
JoyCon Charging Grip
Total: $82.86

Arms
Super Mario Odyssey
$5 gift card
Total: $82.92

Grand total: $248.70

Takes care of switch physical purchases for the year, if I stick with the system and gives me an easy way to back out of the discounts on the rest of the lineup otherwise.

gift cards i believe are excluded for the purchase aka using a $50 giftcard and $50 visa to make the purchase of $100/+ for whatever you're buying. buying a giftcard is a filler item you can use to make a $96 into a $101 thus allowing you to get a $25 off that purchase.

I appreciate the reply!

I did it... I caved in and got another set of grey joycon and a charging grip. $20 off the joycons and $5 off the grip is probably the best deal I'll get for a while. Still waiting for the pro! Hopefully I can get this deal with the pro as well.

_woLf

Why isn't Bomberman able to be preordered :( :( :(

First order was the Persona 5 collectors edition and MK8, second order was another set of Joycons and a charge grip.

Thinking my third order will be Oddysey, $5 gift card and....something. Splatoon 2 maybe? I dunno. I didn't like the first splatoon that much...

I'd preorder a pro controller if those were up, too. I hate that i'm so willing to spend so much money for stupid accessories. But the $25 discount makes it a lot more worth it.

Last question... sorry yall, haha.

How the hell do I add a $5 gift card to my cart!? The physical gift card has a $15 minimum and the e-gift card goes to a separate cart/checkout process.

NVM, got it! Needed the direct link

Zen Aku

Yeah GCU is $30 for 2 years. If you buy three $60 games in those two years. It pretty much pay for itself. It's a hell of a deal.

Vibed

Is the promotion out? It doesn't show up for me.

Edit: Nvm, there was some sort of error on my end.

So this doesn't work with gift cards, I missed that earlier.

bubumiao

Is the promotion out? It doesn't show up for me.

Edit: Nvm, there was some sort of error on my end.

So this doesn't work with gift cards, I missed that earlier.

They work, but your total needs to be $100 or more after the gift card is applied.

At first I want to hold off Yakuza 0, but I want to take advantage of this deal. I was thinking of getting this along with either Tokyo Mirage Sessions or Nier or any other games. If only Yakuza Kiwami was up for preorder on Best Buy.

Kintaco

That was way more annoying than it should have been. $10 off email and $5 reward certificate kept dropping me below $100 so the $25 would apply. Finally got it to apply minus my $5 reward certificate, $83 after tax for Joy Cons and charging grip, why don't I feel like a scored a deal!?

Top Bottom