• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When will you buy a Nintendo switch?

BDGAME

1 - At launch
2 - After more games are available
3 - only after a price cut
4 - Will wait for more games be announced
5 - probably will never buy one

And what model do you prefer: gray or neon?

switchmodels_6101.jpg

meta-chart.md.jpg

https://www.meta-chart.com/share/results-65

A little late, but that is the results of this thread.

1 - Buy at launch. TOTAL: 524
- will buy it day one
- will buy in the first 3 months

2 - After more announced games release. TOTAL: 248
- Will waiting games, like Mario, Splatoon or Xenoblade 2, release.
- Will waiting until holidays to buy
- will waiting for new year

3 - After price(s) cut. TOTAL: 120
- People that only comment about price and nothing more.

2/3 - More games with a price cut. TOTAL: 65
- 2 or 3
- 2 and 3

4 - Wait announce more games. TOTAL: 138
- Waiting not announced games, like Monster Hunter, be announced
- Waiting more third party games be announced
- waiting until late in life cycle to see if are games they want

3/4 - More announcements with price cut. TOTAL: 99
- 2 and/or 3 and/or 4
- 2 and/or 4
- 3 and/or 4

5 - will never buy one. TOTAL: 79

6 - When Bundle are available. TOTAL: 19

7 - After first Hardware revision. TOTAL: 16

8 - when I have money to buy. TOTAL: 16

idwl

1. Not sure actually . I thought I'd go for grey but the red and blue looks fun . I'll decide on the day

Was going to wait a year or until the holidays but the gamestop trade in promos were too good for this one so I already did. A neon one (even though I kinda wanted grey).

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I pre-ordered one, grey. But I'm not yet convinced to keep the pre-order.

So technically I'm in category 1 for now, but I might switch to 2. (specifically when Splatoon comes out).

1. Grey. Also preordered a set of neon joycons for max multiplayer action, and the ability to switch up a set in the dock/set in the joycon dock when they need charging.

Logash

I'm thinking when more games are available or there is a price drop. At first I was considering buying it day one and even preordered it at GameStop, but I did the math and for the Switch, Zelda, and a pro controller it will cost me around $465. Dividing that by $65(Standard Price of games with Tax where I live) That's 7 games. Considering the line up this year I just cannot justify buying it over all of the great games that are coming out right now over what pretty much amounts to just Zelda.

EDIT: 2 or 3

2, though I also need more money personally in general first. Just sunk some money into getting parts for my PC, which means delaying the Switch for now. Also I'd probably go grey.

I never got a wiiu but now i'm looking at buying one if i can score one cheap for BOTW + backlog as I know I dont want it at its current price + peripheral price

so..

3+4 but at the edge of 5 (probably end of life cycle purchase like wiiU). grey

Fliesen

1 - grey

since the whole 'vertical dock' thing kinda forces me to put it 'on display' constantly, i can't do Neon. Would look tacky underneath my TV.

Top Bottom