• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Access early limited-time game access is for 6 hours with the full game

Balb

I don't get why they'd put a time limit. What's the big deal?

I still think EA access is a decent deal. I wanted to play Peggle 2 and figured I could just pay $5 and play it for a month. The game isn't deep enough to warrant playing for longer so I'm fine with not owning it. I also wanted to play some Madden before the season starts so that's a bonus. Admittedly I don't see the point in subscribing for longer than a month with the current offerings.

Phades

To pay for Early Access and have full access to the game until it's full release. If EA would have let people know this from the beginning many would have never signed up.

I suppose the question remaining is, "How many people will cancel their subscriptions over this?".

let me get this straight, people complaining because EA is only allowing 6 hours of playtime on EA Access, for a recently released title? colour me surprised

pixlexic

Banned
It's the early access people .. not the vault.. the trial..

In comparison
Psn gives you an hour for trials they put up.

Ea gives you six and let's you do it five days before release.

Struct09

This doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. The potential selling point of EA Access for me is the back catalog access. Limited early access for a game I may or may not buy is a nice benefit, but not a dealbreaker for me. What will be a dealbreaker is if they don't continually add games to the service.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Did people really think theyd get infinite access to games that arent even released yet for 5 days? lawl
People clearly arent thinking before responding. But ragers gonna rage....

Such Value! They really found a way to rip gamers wallets for demos while the gamers believe they made a good deal. The western economy would crumble without this idiotism.

DieH@rd

Banned
EA early access only 6hrs of gameplay for upcoming Madden 15. Now I see why Sony didn't allow this.

I always presumed the early access games will be limited, just to serve as a teasers.

For me, this service is not worth $5 per month. PS+ gives me 6 games per month [in last few months Vita got 4 per month], with always some interesting experimental games of good multiplatform/exclusive games I missed.

EA Access will maybe get one new game each 6 months [EA does not make much of them], 10% discount can pay off only to those who buy tons of EA games and in-game content, and early access is just paid demo service.

gcubed

To pay for Early Access and have full access to the game until it's full release. If EA would have let people know this from the beginning many would have never signed up.

they did let people know, people just chose not to either read, or comprehend that "trials" meant limited. Not sure why any sane person would think you had a full week of access to a game

Kriken

Ah, there's the EA I know and despise

Didn't expect the full game, but seems pointless to say 6 hours (Probably real time, not game time) for 5 days beforehand

They said that each game had different amounts of time you could play early from the start. You can access the games 5 days ahead of time and then play for the time each game has set. They made a point to say this wasn't like the Season Ticket service from before where you had that weekend to play.

Basically the headline here is "EA Access works like EA said it would"

I'm not sure why everyone is saying EA pulled a fast one and is screwing over consumers. This was from there official website regarding early access a few weeks ago:

"Each game is different, so each game’s trial will be, too. In some titles you’ll be able to play one of the game's modes for a limited time, while other times you can jump right into the full game. And since you’ll always be playing the real game, any progress you make will carry over so you can pick up where you left off on launch day."

In this case it's a 6 hour trial of the full game.

Seems more than reasonable to me but I think everyone wants to be outraged "because fuck EA"

In comparison

I'm still curious, do all EA Access members get to play this early trial? Or just people who have digitally preordered Madden?

Wait, the 10% discount is only on digital preorders??

Nooo, I think they said it was on all digital content.

Lucifon

EA, what did anyone expect?

This. The cost of the service is already cheap as it is for the full games access, any other bits and bobs are really just bonuses. Assuming they keep adding to the 'vault' that thing could be seriously attractive in a few years. Right now if I didn't already own any of the games I wanted to play on the current list, a years sub makes more sense than buying one of them - which is pretty impressive.

Enectic

Banned

The description clearly stated you could download early to play for a limited time. There's no "Early Access" service it's just EA Access, the early access is an additional perk to the subscription. If someone paid money solely for the early access perk in hopes it would be available the entire period when the description clearly stated otherwise then that's on them.

This is not terrible so I don't get the OPs issue. 6 hours is just enough to get what you need out of the game and certainly make a decision.

It's better than 60 minutes. That's for sure.

Kei-

I understood the early access as EA Access members being able to buy the game a week early. Not being able to play it indefinitely as part of the membership. I always assumed the library wouldn't include new releases.

I remember PS+ had trials on PS3, like 60 minutes for something like Mass Effect

But people always hate EA so whatever

Plus you don't get EA access to play only madden 15 demo, you get 4 other games so I still think its a decent value

they did let people know, people just chose not to either read, or comprehend that "trials" meant limited. Not sure why any sane person would think you had a full week of access to a game

My understanding was that action/adv etc games were limited trials but I never read any info stating sports games were limited in any way. I don't have an Xbox1 so it's not a big deal to me but there are a lot of my friends who are fuming right now.

Alx

In comparison

Is it 5 days ? For some reason I thought it was 4 weeks. 6 hours on four weeks would have been low, but on 5 days it seems more reasonable. Actually I'm not sure why they would need such a limitation on such a short time (I doubt people would "finish" Madden in a week).

As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't change anything, I only registered for the vault anyway.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
For 6hr you can actually finish some campaign game. How is this a bad news? People wanted 1 week of unrestricted game access? Seriously? You can also earn achievements. And as always if you like the game, buy the full version with 10% discount.

I dont think this is a catch or anything, always expected something similar.

Caayn

I honestly don't see a problem here, glad to see that I'm not the only one in this thread that thinks that.

Top Bottom