• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Universe |OT4| Every Rose Has Its Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lapis and Peridot are basically married by this point.

Doesn't mean that Amedot can't happen, mind, but that's how it is.

Pretty much. lol

Has anyone else here seen the SU comics Lauren Zuke did for Comic Con? This Lapidot one titled "Responsible Earth Citizens" was my personal favorite of the set.

tumblr_oaxbhmoTKz1rl3tlpo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oaxbhmoTKz1rl3tlpo2_1280.jpg

Raxus

That comic,

I need a spin off of just that in my life.

Speaking of we are getting to the final episode of the nuke today! Hard to believe it is over, isn't it? Well let's take this opportunity to:

Know Your Fusion
Steven and the Gems examine fusions.
Get the couches and set ready at 7!

zulux21

That comic,

I need a spin off of just that in my life.

Speaking of we are getting to the final episode of the nuke today! Hard to believe it is over, isn't it? Well let's take this opportunity to:

Know Your Fusion

Get the couches and set ready at 7!

im really hoping that in an episode titled that.

we get at least one new fusion. though I imagine smokey might just be shown off to the others.

doop_

Banned
It's over isn't it
Isn't it
Isn't it over
It's over isn't it
Isn't it
Isn't it over
You won and she chose you
And she loved you and she's gone
It's over isn't why can't I move on.

Macka

im really hoping that in an episode titled that.

we get at least one new fusion. though I imagine smokey might just be shown off to the others.
I'd love
a new fusion this episode too (anything involving Peridot & Lapis would be amazing!), but yeah it's probably just going to be Smoky. At the very least I hope she has perfected her 'look' this time around. I mean, what we saw of her in Earthlings was the equivalent of cotton-candy Garnet in The Answer.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Who's the best gem and why is it Peridot?

Sorry Pearl, you're still cool, you'll be #1 after the honey-moon phase is over, I think

For real though, how good is the cast in this god damn animated cartoon?

Blues1990

Pretty much. lol

Has anyone else here seen the SU comics Lauren Zuke did for Comic Con? This Lapidot one titled "Responsible Earth Citizens" was my personal favorite of the set.

tumblr_oaxbhmoTKz1rl3tlpo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oaxbhmoTKz1rl3tlpo2_1280.jpg

I've only seen bits of the magazine that the Crewinverse had sold at Comic Con (such as the literal Fusion Cuisine comic that stars Steven), so I'm jealous for those that were able to pick it up.

Maximo

Lapis and Peridot are basically married by this point.

Doesn't mean that Amedot can't happen, mind, but that's how it is.

Peridot held Lapis's arm in the episode Back To The Moon when Amy as *Jasper* asked if they wanted to go..seemed interesting to me that they might have formed a friendly relationship, (peridot was concerned for Lapis?) least one which Lapis doesn't seem to mind physical connection with her.

Edit: Found It.
tumblr_inline_obo1whagFZ1s2lhps_540.png

Blues1990

Peridot held Lapis's arm in the episode Back To The Moon when Steven asked if they wanted to go..seemed interesting to me that they might have formed a friendly relationship, (peridot was concerned for Lapis?) least one which Lapis doesn't seem to mind physical connection with her.

Edit: Found It.
tumblr_inline_obo1whagFZ1s2lhps_540.png

I know that's supposed to be a slightly tilted down shot, but given my experience with storyboarding several animated productins, it's incredibly jarring to see how the characters proportions can change so dramatically from board artist-to-board artist.

I disappeared there for a while. Whoops. I'll reintroduce myself with my Gem ranking:

1. Pearl
2. Jasper
RIPD
3. Amethyst
4. Garnet
5. Peridot
6. Lapis

do they even have a way to uncorrupt gems?

Steven has a starting point (mostly the physical aspect) but he's gonna need more for the mental aspect.

My crazy theory is that its gonna be a song (supposedly like what the diamonds used to corrupt) and the song will be the final version of "Love like you" :p

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
They are going to have to learn how to reverse corruption somehow....... because Jasper >_>

Steven's going to mix his dream powers and his healing to try and fix corrupted gems mentally. Garnet said that corrupted gems have a tear in the mind, so it's more mental than physical. He won't be able to do it with Centipeetle since she's living peacefully with her crew now, so it will probably be Jasper first.

I think he'll succeed with Jasper, since her corruption is unique in that it was contracted from another gem monster and not the original corruption event. In the SDCC 2016 Steven Universe zine, Peridot had a fan guide for the seasons of Camp Pining Hearts, where she mentioned that a character (who is often considered Jasper's analgoue) ended up being a werewolf in Season 3. Since we're technically at the start of "Season 3" if we had followed the original episode count for the show, there's a theory that Jasper will be a pseudo-werewolf in some way. She's mostly uncorrupted, but can still turn into a monster form either by accident or by controlling it.

I just like the theory because the concept of Jasper becoming part-monster during fights sounds cool.

rrs

Steven's going to mix his dream powers and his healing to try and fix corrupted gems mentally. Garnet said that corrupted gems have a tear in the mind, so it's more mental than physical. He won't be able to do it with Centipeetle since she's living peacefully with her crew now, so it will probably be Jasper first.

I think he'll succeed with Jasper, since her corruption is unique in that it was contracted from another gem monster and not the original corruption event. In the SDCC 2016 Steven Universe zine, Peridot had a fan guide for the seasons of Camp Pining Hearts, where she mentioned that a character (who is often considered Jasper's analgoue) ended up being a werewolf in Season 3. Since we're technically at the start of "Season 3" if we had followed the original episode count for the show, there's a theory that Jasper will be a pseudo-werewolf in some way. She's mostly uncorrupted, but can still turn into a monster form either by accident or by controlling it.

I just like the theory because the concept of Jasper becoming part-monster during fights sounds cool.

Zubz

Banned

I was wondering how they could make Jasper better. I mean, she hasn't done enough to merit the title of "Best Gem," but she's still Top 5.

Side-note: Holy shit I just saw everything and the only thing ruined for me going in was Smokey this is fantastic and also Peridot was great when she was just a cold IT girl but now she's also Zim and Wil E. Coyote how can one character be this perfect.

... *Ahem* I hope we see Jasper and the Rubies again soon. I want to see things settled with Bismuth soon, but I doubt she'll ever be a regular.

Know Your Fusion is out! Search the usual channels.

Don't quote the PM or you'll see spoilers.

Spoilers!
And talking about channels, I need more Sardonyx and 4th wall chaos.

I also spoiled you with you not even noticing. Nyehehehehheheheheh.

Tsunamo

Know Your Fusion spoilers:

Great episode. I laughed at "Do we still have to pay her royaltys even though she doesn't appear in the episode?" Wasn't expecting them to go there.

Going from a Steven Nuke to week to week for the first time is gonna be tough now that it's over :(

doop_

Banned
Sardonyx is so goooood,i loved all the callbacks and meta humour. This episode cements Smokey as my favourite fusion.

JSoup

Banned
I know that's supposed to be a slightly tilted down shot, but given my experience with storyboarding several animated productins, it's incredibly jarring to see how the characters proportions can change so dramatically from board artist-to-board artist.

It's been said a few times that this is intentional, though.

Matt Burnett's twitter is fucking hilarious.

David is best gem

E: Know your Fusion Spoilers:
Making a room that only exists for how long you exist as a fusion seems like a really, really bad idea, but now I wanna see Ruby and Sapphire's individual's rooms

Violet_0

Banned
Know Your Fusion
I just noticed that Sardonyx looks kinda like Peridot (pyramid hair, bowtie)
and apparantly even Connie is stronger than Pearl

Permanently A

Know Your Fusion

Sardonyx again solidifies herself as worst fusion. Garnet freaking the fuck out over Smokey was great though.

Matsukaze

Know Your Fusion

As others have mentioned, the callback to Nicki Minaj and getting royalties for Sugilite was great. Overall, I wasn't really blown away this episode but that's fine. It was still entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom