• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

illadelph

crazy to think that the Mother games are the first Nintendo OSTs we're ever getting on vinyl

but then again, maybe it does make sense

rpbtz

There's this, which came out when the Famicom launched in Japan (repressed recently), but yeah. Kinda crazy its the Mario theme and Mother 1 and 2. Hopefully Nintendo is watching this Western interest...

http://www.discogs.com/Koji-Kondo-Super-Mario/release/6189092

Just FYI the recent repress of the Super Mario 7" is a counterfeit and afaik Nintendo hasn't been involved with that one, so all credit for bringing legit Nintendo OSTs on vinyl to the West should currently be given to Ship To Shore Phono Co.

Quite a few VGM titles (including a few from Nintendo I believe) were released back in the 80s on various Japanese labels. Most of them are pretty hard to find, though - especially in the West.

Just FYI the recent repress of the Super Mario 7" is a counterfeit and afaik Nintendo hasn't been involved with that one, so all credit for bringing legit Nintendo OSTs on vinyl to the West should currently be given to Ship To Shore Phono Co.

Quite a few VGM titles (including a few from Nintendo I believe) were released back in the 80s on various Japanese labels. Most of them are pretty hard to find, though - especially in the West.

I can imagine. Getting some of the earlier presses for Iron Maiden albums in Japan complete with inserts was a pain and those were released in fairly large pressings.

Fuuck. Mother 2 pre order is $40. Ship to Store's twitter says it's because licencing was high, and shipping will be low to balance it. Still. That's gonna hurt tomorrow.

amex-gold-card.png

Worry about it Later™

Psykoboy2

Got my vinyl of The Order 1886 yesterday. Plan on taking it with me to Seattle and getting it autographed by the composer Jason Graves.

Can't complete Mother 2 either, got a red bar at the top of the screen and a dim checkout button. BIT.TRIP went swimmingly, though.

Glassboy

After getting the red bar I just refreshed and it placed the order again. It took a minute or two to load but it went through

Erekiddo

Picked up the Red/Black swirl for Mother 2.

I had already picked up the white variant of Mother on Kickstarter. I wanted the red, but can't justify spending another $45.

amnesiac

Folks who ordered the Mother 2 soundtrack, if you go to your Storenvy page, and go to purchases, does it say "item no longer available" for anyone else?

Saroyan

Finally got my order to go through, I had the white Mother in my cart but couldn't complete checkout. I had to back out and pick the classic black and then it worked.

rpbtz

Finally it went through! Got real tired of the "place your order" button greying out and that red error bar... :p

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
If we could just get the Silent Hill series put to vinyl that would be great. Please.
Posted the same thing earlier ITT. Even a compilation of the collaborations of Akira Yamaoka with Elizabeth McGlynn would make so happy.

Got the Yellow and Blue one when it went up but had a lot of Storenvy issues. Just got a support email (4 minutes after sending it, impressive!) saying it went through. Hooray!

Added the vinyl soundtrack as an add-on to the Chime Kickstarter. No artists announced yet, but the creator is hoping to have the likes of Mono, Mogwai, Rachel's, Sunn0))) and a load of other artists I like on board. :D

For those who pre-ordered the Dropsy soundtrack, you should have a download code in your email for the whole thing. Really good instrumental rock/jazz

I'm fluctuating between unfathomable sadness and INCOHERENT RAGE over the shipping restrictions.

Guess I'll have to buy it late, 2nd hand, and for twice the price on eBay ;-;

Haven't played the Mother games yet (I know, I know) but couldn't pass up the Mother 2 vinyl. Big fan of the OST and the artists who influenced it. Passed on Mother 1 as it's not an OST.

Anyone know if iam8bit will combine shipping? Planning to pick up all 3 Rare soundtracks next paycheck :p

And knowing me and my lack of discipline probably the Bit Trip and Super Hexagon ones after :p

Haven't played the Mother games yet (I know, I know) but couldn't pass up the Mother 2 vinyl. Big fan of the OST and the artists who influenced it. Passed on Mother 1 as it's not an OST.

Anyone know if iam8bit will combine shipping? Planning to pick up all 3 Rare soundtracks next paycheck :p

And knowing me and my lack of discipline probably the Bit Trip and Super Hexagon ones after :p

Well, after resisting the Mother 2 one, I saw this post about Super Hexagon. And I couldn't resist AT ALL. RIP my willpower.

rpbtz

They will. I had some issues when I pre-ordered the rare ones and when I contacted them they said it's not a problem to ship them at the same time. I had them include the Super Hexagon EP as well as to cut down on what seems to be some inevitable custom fees. It took them some time to respond to the e-mail, though.

Top Bottom