• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

TLZ

Banned
I have an extra on pre-order as well. I went with Amazon because at the time, Gamestop did not know. About 30 min later GS said they had them good to go. I have a friend that wants one but is in a financial situation where he will have to wait...so it will make for a unexpected and shocking Christmas present for him and his family. Going to buy a year gold and an extra controller so he and his kids can play together on it and get them a few games.
You're awesome man. Wish I could do that.

I wonder how many of these will go through to completion.. Or if the people will back out/etc. I thought it was against ebay rules to do preorders more than 30 days in advance? I can't really remember.
I don’t even know why anyone would pay over RRP for one. The Scorpio is just the first wave of pre-order before the standard one which looks way better in my opinion. It’s not like people that didn’t get one won’t have an X come launch day.

I don’t even know why anyone would pay over RRP for one. The Scorpio is just the first wave of pre-order before the standard one which looks way better in my opinion. It’s not like people that didn’t get one won’t have an X come launch day.

I mean, looks are your opinion. I'm sure there are people who want the PS edition because of its looks, or, more likely, due to its real or perceived rareness. If it is actually somewhat limited, it'll likely command a higher price regardless of the regular version availability.

From what I read it doesn't sound like its really a super limited edition or anything, but I'm sure there is a segment that doesn't know or care and just wants what they wants.

If the regular versions go on pre order and there are 10 regulars on eBay to 1 PS I think it'll hold some decent value. Also depends how many die hard got PS pre orders as they're unlikely to resell, taking that box out of circulation.

Kaydan

Banned
So I pre-ordered on Walmart Canada yesterday a few minutes after it went live. Can anyone confirm if those are also Project Scorpio edition? Because the picture shows a normal xbox one x and it seems to be in stock still whereas the scorpio edition is sold out everywhere else.

Wagram

So I pre-ordered on Walmart Canada yesterday a few minutes after it went live. Can anyone confirm if those are also Project Scorpio edition? Because the picture shows a normal xbox one x and it seems to be in stock still whereas the scorpio edition is sold out everywhere else.

I could be wrong, but it seems to be up at Target. That is unless there's some non-sense where it doesn't finish the order because out of stock.

deadstar72

Neo Member
For those in Australia that haven't snagged a pre-order yet and wanted to go with EB Games for their trade in deals, I just got an email saying they'll be opening more pre-orders up for the Project Scorpio edition from tomorrow 12pm AEST

SOR5

Rhetorical question, have a gander at the other Xbox threads. Hopefully that will answer your question.

This is a genuine problem now, it makes discussion absolutely grating when the exact, same, people are given complete driveby shitposting.

If you want to discuss and debate and berate Xbox whatever, but there seriously is too much warz stuff that is parasitic and sucks the joy out of conversation. Its like they're trying to make you feel unwelcome, which sounds ridiculous on paper but trust me after a while you do feel this Ancient Mystic Society of No Homers vibe

I tried to bring this up before and sarcastically somebody went "oh somebody think of the Xbox fans!" im not comparing it to bloody Kristallnacht, im saying it's gone out of the territory of traditional healthy disagreement of tastes and well into babbling complete shit against a gaming platform in every way you can.

This applies to all the shit I had to roll my eyes at when I owned a PS3 and Wii U as well, it's just the way of the internet really more than a GAF problem

TLZ

Banned
For those in Australia that haven't snagged a pre-order yet and wanted to go with EB Games for their trade in deals, I just got an email saying they'll be opening more pre-orders up for the Project Scorpio edition from tomorrow 12pm AEST
Nice.

Also JB still taking pre-orders.

Neverfade

I got a preorder in with BB when it was shipping only. Anyone know from previous launches if theres ever an option to change to store pickup later? I'd rather do that as I'd like to trade in my old Xbox towards this.

Justinh

Holy shit. There are completed ebay auctions of Scorpio Editions selling for $1200. Wtf is going on?

I think that is bull shit.

I imagine that people with multiple accounts are buying in order to make a perceived market.
I have no evidence or whatever, but I always assume this sort of thing happens a lot to establish a "going price" so they can put it up again and get higher bites.

I'm pretty sure this happened with Night Trap PS4 CE. Like... immediately after they were sold on Limited Run Games they sold on ebay for like 2 hundo? I don't believe it.

Kaydan

Banned
I could be wrong, but it seems to be up at Target. That is unless there's some non-sense where it doesn't finish the order because out of stock.

Unfortunately there's no more Target in Canada. They do ship internationally but for some reason the are charging 57$ more than anywhere else in addition to 20$ shipping.

Hawk269

You're awesome man. Wish I could do that.

Thanks. He is a good friend and I am sure he will love it. He has been wanting a Xbox One or Xbox One S but with a fairly new home he bought, 2 young kids being home schooled by his wife, extra funds for this kind of stuff is just out of the question. My initial reason was to lock in a pre-order and at the time Amazon was my only option, so it came down to circumstances and get 1 from 1 GS then driving to another for the one for my wife. Never ordered anything with new release and I also wanted to get it the night before. So all in all it is going to work out.

TLZ

Banned
Thanks. He is a good friend and I am sure he will love it. He has been wanting a Xbox One or Xbox One S but with a fairly new home he bought, 2 young kids being home schooled by his wife, extra funds for this kind of stuff is just out of the question. My initial reason was to lock in a pre-order and at the time Amazon was my only option, so it came down to circumstances and get 1 from 1 GS then driving to another for the one for my wife. Never ordered anything with new release and I also wanted to get it the night before. So all in all it is going to work out.
Just putting a smile on someone else's face is enough for me :). Nothing else beats that feeling when you watch them go nuts and in shock mixed with so much happiness.

SOR5

Just putting a smile on someone else's face is enough for me :). Nothing else beats that feeling when you watch them go nuts and in shock mixed with so much happiness.

For real, managed to secure a Switch for my brother and it was a happy moment

Dynomutt

Holy shit. There are completed ebay auctions of Scorpio Editions selling for $1200. Wtf is going on?

Can't even hate. I've flipped shoes before (J's and Foams even Timbs) kinda regret not getting in on this more. Could not have that much tied up. Will plan better next time. Got in on the Zelda 3DS a few years ago with 2.

RedRum

Banned
anyone want to sell a kinect for cheap? I stupidly traded my in, I want it back. S cable too?

Damn, Statham. Damn.

giphy.gif

yeah i have to imagine those 1200 ebay wins are the friends of the people selling them, so they can relist them for that price when they pretend to send it to their friend.

"Oh shit! They are selling for 1200, better buy one quick" Thats what they are banking on

Now what I really dont get is that there is someone selling one for 550, after ebay fees, paypal fees, shipping...what the hell is the point?

shanafan

I do hope that Microsoft does another free cable program for those who have the OG Xbox One and Kinect. I still want to use Kinect with the X.

Bummed I missed out on the free promo with the S.

I do hope that Microsoft does another free cable program for those who have the OG Xbox One and Kinect. I still want to use Kinect with the X.

Same, I just bought a Kinect a couple months back and I like it for voice commands and stuff.

That would be nice. I have two Kinects but only one adapter.. When I trade in my OG I'll need a second adapter. They're like $40 each aren't they?

yeah i have to imagine those 1200 ebay wins are the friends of the people selling them, so they can relist them for that price when they pretend to send it to their friend.

"Oh shit! They are selling for 1200, better buy one quick" Thats what they are banking on

Now what I really dont get is that there is someone selling one for 550, after ebay fees, paypal fees, shipping...what the hell is the point?

Yeah, one closed at 600 w/ free shipping. eBay + paypal is just under 10%, when you add shipping, that guy is losing money if he paid tax on the system.

Ovech-King

Gold Member

It should be, model number FMP-00001 as mentionned on Walmart Canada, is the model all across internet for the pre order model

Dabanton

How long did Amazon have it up?

I just saw the Nowinstock alert in my email from 2 days ago :/

If Canadian Amazon was any indication less than 20 mins I clicked on one went to add it to my basket and they were unavailable.

Luckily got a MS Store order maybe try them.

I got a preorder in with BB when it was shipping only. Anyone know from previous launches if theres ever an option to change to store pickup later? I'd rather do that as I'd like to trade in my old Xbox towards this.

So this is weird what happened to me yesterday. I PreOrdered from BB on line, they were not offering pickup, so i a drive down to BB to see if i can change it to Pickup. A girl helped me out and said there was no possible way to change it. I asked the girl if my buddy Sam was working and she said yes (he is a manager at BB), i go and talk to Sam and Sam tells me right away that there was no way to change it, and that preOrders for pickup would go on sale 30 days before the console is released (if they had any stock left of X1X), and that he had to turn away about 20 people who walked in for PreOrder.

Now here is where it get really odd... i get a message in my email today saying it was changed to a Pick up?!!! Freakin WEIRD!!! I had 2 employees plus a BB manager tell me there was no possible way to change to pickup, but then i get email confirmation that it was changed to pickup! I know 100% for a fact that the girl at the desk didn't change anything, cause she had to call on another employee who right off the bat told her it was not possible, thats when i asked if my buddy Sam was working. My PreOrder status also shows it will be ready for pickup 11ct, 9pm on Nov 6th in the west and 12am Nov 7th in the East.

I have absolutely NO idea how it was changed to pickup, just WEIRD, but im not complaining! lol

Daante

Recently i got info trough my work that almost all the preorder stock trough MS own web store are SOLD OUT in the EU.

Even though i didnt got exact numbers it was also added that preorders trough big electronic chains in EU had been very good aswell.

Got a pre order from Amazon uk, looks like all my gaming crew will be getting one too, everyone has new tvs and a couple are still rocking day one consoles so good excuse to put 4k Hdr feature to use

My Gamestop still has 12 available or their 20

Said if they don't use their allocation by tonight they get moved back for online bundles.
Pretty shit as I wanted to hold off until friday to snag one. Guess my Amazon order will have to do.

Top Bottom