• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: Smash hit Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U) sold 500k copies

Annual Report (Year Ended March 31, 2013) http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/oar/business/digital.html

smash hit "Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate" for the new stationary game system Wii U, which sold 500,000 units
Does not include sales for the 3DS version of the game, by far the most popular according to NPD/GfK.
lEc7lDJ.gif

1) This is from Capcom's 2013 Annual Report with data accurate as of March 31st, 2013

2) This refers to SHIPMENTS TO RETAILERS (+ eShop sales to consumers) of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (for Wii U) worldwide from December 8th, 2012 through March 31st, 2013

3) The game launched in:
Japan - December 8th, 2012 (less than 4 months of tracking)
North America - March 19th, 2013 (less than 1 month of tracking)
Europe - March 22nd, 2013 (less than 1 month of tracking)

4) As of July 14th, 214,220 units (physical retail only) of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U have been sold to consumers in Japan (according to Dengeki).

Thanks to PotionBleue. You can also find more information at the link above.

Seik

Banned
I did my part, but I choked the game because Tales of Xilia came out. Shame on me. :/

I'll get back into it tomorrow I think, it was awesome.

Now we need MH4 released in NA. Then some kind of ExtraTurboPlus cross-play version on the Wii U a few months after. It was awesome to be able to play MH3U on my Wii U with a friend on his 3DS.

???

In one month? Quite strange because i didn't see much of it in the charts after the first week. Are you sure it was just one month?

Is this the best 3rd party game in terms of performance on the Wii U?

AniHawk

yeah it sold something like 45k its first month. also isn't this news extremely old?

if it's worldwide, that makes more sense. it did 200k-250k in japan, about 100k so far in the us, and probably 40k-50k in europe.

More than Ive expected even minus 150k or so from Japan.

Maybe other niche shit like Bayonetta and X arent completely destined for doom yet

qq more

500k worldwide? Neat sales, especially for a really late port on a fresh new (at the time) console. Is there any data on sales region-wise?

Clov

I'm glad it's doing so well! I did my part with the Wii U version, but I just couldn't get into it. Hopefully other Wii U owners are enjoying it more than I.

Takao

Banned
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD must've been a super smash hit given it actually sold through (and not shipped like Capcom's numbers) just under that in Japan.

If true, hopefully this means Capcom will consider worthwhile to bring MH4 3DS game to other markets and greenlight a port for the Wii U.

yeah it sold something like 45k its first month. also isn't this news extremely old?

if it's worldwide, that makes more sense. it did 200k-250k in japan, about 100k so far in the us, and probably 40k-50k in europe.
I don't think so, the report was uploaded yesterday: http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/

And it's definitely worldwide, so basically 250k in Japan and 250k in the west (launch month).

It was probably the 50% promo. Great stuff.
Nope, the 50% promo is recent, this report is up to March 2013.

It's expensive as hell for what it is on Wii U and still is ($60 retail), Actually a couple of stores sell it for $40, but others $60 still in Canada,

As outstanding as the game is, I'm surprised they sold it on Wii U for $60 when it's a 3DS port despite the texture bump and 1080p. Maybe that's why 500k is really successful because of the profit margin?

How's the retail price been in the US and EU?

Also if the report is for March 2013 (why so late?), then who the hell knows where it's at now, we need a hint at its LTD in NA via NPD.

Anura

500k worldwide?

Either way, neat sales for a really late port on a fresh new (at the time) console
Only a month after and only WII U ver. If I remember right about other sales numbers for outside of japan it would mean this is actually quite good relative to the series.

Maybe now we can get MH4

Kyou

Glad it did so well, hopefully this'll encourage them to do another Wii U/3DS release for the west with 4

Artorias

Banned
So deserved. Easily the most fun I've had playing MH.

I really wish the 3DS version had online without using a Wii U. It's completely useless without online.

sörine

Banned
???

In one month? Quite strange because i didn't see much of it in the charts after the first week. Are you sure it was just one month?

Is this the best 3rd party game in terms of performance on the Wii U?
Less than a month for the west and just under 4 months for Japan since the reporting period is through March 31, 2013.

It was probably the 50% promo. Great stuff.
It might only be shipments, I don't believe Capcom adds in digital for their sales reports. The big eShop sale was well after the period covered anyway.

It's expensive as hell for what it is on Wii U and still is ($60 retail), Actually a couple of stores sell it for $40, but others $60 still in Canada,

As outstanding as the game is, I'm surprised they sold it on Wii U for $60 when it's a 3DS port despite the texture bump and 1080p. Maybe that's why 500k is really successful because of the profit margin?

How's the retail price been in the US and EU?

Also if the report is for March 2013 (why so late?), then who the hell knows where it's at now, we need a hint at its LTD in NA via NPD.

60€ everywhere.

jeremy1456

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD must've been a super smash hit given it actually sold through (and not shipped like Capcom's numbers) just under that in Japan.

As I understand it the 3U numbers include Japan through March and so one month sales in the west.

How long did it take Portable 3rd to get to that number?

Clarification:

1) This is from Capcom's 2013 Annual Report with data accurate as of March 31st, 2013

2) This refers to SHIPMENTS TO RETAILERS (+ eShop sales to consumers) of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U, worldwide from December 8th, 2012 through March 31st, 2013

3) The game launched in:
Japan - December 8th, 2012 (less than 4 months of tracking)
North America - March 19th, 2013 (less than 1 month of tracking)
Europe - March 22nd, 2013 (less than 1 month of tracking)

4) As of July 14th, 214,220 units (physical retail only) of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U have been sold to consumers in Japan (according to Dengeki).

Thoraxes

Hell fucking yes!

s1dMTQX.gif

C'mon Capcom.

You know what's next.

I'm good for at least 10 copies between me and my friends.

Do it.

Just.

Do.

It.

Hiltz

Capcom sais it was pleased by the game's sales performance in Japan back in May:
Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) G HD Ver.", which was our first title for the new home video console "Wii U" that was launched in December 2012, also became a smash hit. However, its package sales were generally soft.

Top Bottom