• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake PC | Tech, performance and information thread

i like the blurry mess look of the xbox version, pc looks too photo realistic. Please allow me to put a Vaseline filter on the pc version.

Phinor

i like the blurry mess look of the xbox version, pc looks too photo realistic. Please allow me to put a Vaseline filter on the pc version.

Just put FXAA on. Should do the job.

(I really hate what FXAA does to image quality and I hope it dies as soon as possible.)

the only thing that bothered me with the xbox version was the jaggies, and the vsync errors. I'll check it out when i get home. Been looking forward to owning this for pc for a LOoooOOOOng Time

DieH@rd

Banned
This is newsworthy, someone needs to make a thread about it.

Remedy is so awesome, they did not equate 30 dollars to 30 euros. 21 euros for collector edition, so cool of them.

Phinor

This is newsworthy, someone needs to make a thread about it.

Remedy is so awesome, they did not equate 30 dollars to 30 euros. 21 euros for collector edition, so cool of them.

No, they turned 30 dollars into 28 euros. Regional pricing?

SparkTR

14 gigs seems a bit steep, guess I'll have this downloading overnight.

Okay, now it says 7 gigs, is that not counting the DLC?

DieH@rd

Banned
They are obviously fighting piracy with this low prices. My country and Mother Russia are not game purchase friendly, and this move will really make them more money [and fan support].

the PC ones, yes. the 360 ones are blown up. still, mixing AA standards makes for some super clean looking graphics. Sam 3 lets you use 3 different kinds of AA at once for example. with MSAA and FXAA it looks bloody clean.

I've been touting the benefits of FXAA+MSAA for a while. 4xmsaa + transparency multisampling (i.e alpha to coverage) + Nvidia's driver based FXAA, has been my go-to antialiasing solution for a while now. The strengths and weaknesses of both solutions overlap quite well, meaning that nearly all forms of aliasing are dealt with when used together whereas each solution on its own will always leave some very noticeable aliasing in places.

I'd like to buy Alan Wake but I'm not sure I want to stretch to £23 when its been available on the 360 for <£5 for ages now.

I've been touting the benefits of FXAA+MSAA for a while. 4xmsaa + transparency multisampling (i.e alpha to coverage) + Nvidia's driver based FXAA, has been my go-to antialiasing solution for a while now. The strengths and weaknesses of both solutions overlap quite well, meaning that nearly all forms of aliasing are dealt with when used together whereas each solution on its own will always leave some very noticeable aliasing in places.

have you taken a look at Sam 3 with SSAA + MSAA + FXAA? so damn clean. one day i will play it like that at 60 fps.

i presume Alan Wake is doing alpha to coverage. or forcing on MSAA would have little benefit to it.

I'd like to buy Alan Wake but I'm not sure I want to stretch to £23 when its been available on the 360 for <£5 for ages now.

if it helps, remember that this includes the two DLC episodes which sell for $7 each seperately. not sure if you still get the first one for free when buying new, but not sure if that £5 is for new anyways.

Top Bottom