• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Xbox One policy "gross, despicable, greedy, pathetic, cowardly"

So they should stick to their guns? They changed their* stance as the news changed.

(*Note: Not even "their" but rather this article's author in particular. He can't speak for all of Polygon, but I would think most others there tend to agree with him if this has been put up.)

OK? The news didn't really change. 'IF this is the policy, then people should stop overreacting. This is a good thing'

'This IS the policy, OH HELL NO'

I know it's a different writers but nobody knows these people. You are left with 'Polygon: This is great!' vs 'Polygon: this is BAD!!!!'

Bad move taking the MS money, you looks like tools no matter what you say. I feel bad of them on some level.

Valtýr

Admirable. It's about time an actual video game journalistic website actually does some journalism for a change.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
*claps*

Polygon respect +1

I'm glad they've proven me wrong in regards to this issue.

Erasus

PC section that someone posted is spot on.

MS will set the prices. There wont be Steam like sales.

There wont be indie bundles.

Games will be 60 for a year or 2 then drop to 40

Brinbe

Finally, someone with balls that isn't afraid to speak up. Well-done.

And I've come to realize that the complaints about no renting games is a bit false, because X-Bone users are now essentially renting those $50/60 games for however long MS keeps those servers up.

AppleMIX

PC section that someone posted is spot on.

MS will set the prices. There wont be Steam like sales.

There wont be indie bundles.

Games will be 60 for a year or 2 then drop to 40

I don't buy that. It makes all the economic sense in the world to have sales.

JDSN

Banned
I guess getting some conference and interviews cancelled is what it finally made the press take a stand.

So congrats internet, I guess?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Holy shit.

Wait, they said that?

BLXHe4l.jpg

Now think about the fact that Ben Kuchera works there now.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I think most of what is said about Polygon and MS is said in jest - at least anything I've said there has been at least half tongue in cheek - but even so, the article is a bit surprising.

Complete truth though.

Polygon is more than one person, guys. This is an opinion piece by their Editor-at-Large. Other staff probably have quite different opinions.

The article said:
Microsoft has designed a policy by committee

This is Microsoft's modus operandi. Xbox and Xbox 360 were flukes, and by the end of the 360's lifecycle, we've seen the typical Microsoft exert more influence. Ugh.

Such a shame because I LOVED the 360. It was my primary console this gen. Will absolutely not buy the One.

sixghost

from another xbox one thread:
Some losers in life have nothing else to do besides rail against shit that means nothing in the grand scheme of thing.
from this thread:
LOL these people need to seriously get out of their parents basements and get a life, it's a video game console for Christs sake........you'd think Microsoft was selling their daughter into the sex slave industry.
Great posts, great poster.

Violater

Reading some of the comments on Gaf and even the responses on Polygon to the "opinion piece" I am having a hard time separating the apologists into groups of actual consumers and corporate shills.

RedShift

I feel certain parts of Game of Thrones could make an appropriate gif here but I think it's too soon to spoil it.

But you know what bit I mean if you've seen it.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Thank goodness the gaming press is finally responding to this with the appropriate ire.

Dr Dogg

Well there's a turn up for the books. Even the BBC have a less than favourable article up this afternoon that was the 7th most read today.

After the close to unanimous disapprove of these policies from various outlets, Microsoft surely have to readdress this.

televator

Weren't they one of the ones defending XBone's DRM? What the hell happened? Suddenly they're on the right side of this though. Can't complain now.

Top Bottom