• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads | August 2017

deadfolk

Really tempted by Puzzle Adventure Blockle. Watched some gameplay vids and it seems like it could be a fun little puzzle game.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Crap, just hit the installed software limit on my Wii U... I was really hoping that it wouldn't come to that. It's a shame really, I've still got so much free space on the hard drive. Guess it's time to start deleting some demos...

This installed software limit it really one of the most frustrating things about the Wii U and 3DS. I really hope that the Switch doesn't have a limit, or, if it does, that the limit is substantially higher than the paltry 300 that the Wii U and 3DS have.

On a similar note, I'm nearly out of space on my 64GB SD card in my 3DS, so it looks like I'll finally make the jump to using a 128GB card. I thought I was done enough with 3DS games that this wouldn't need to happen but I keep getting pulled back in. At any rate, I'll be pretty impressed if I manage to fill this one up, especially since I hit the installed software limit on the 3DS a while ago, so this should be the final one. My Switch will also get a 256GB card out of this, because there's no point in buying a new 128GB card when that was always intended as a holdover until the prices came down, anyway.

lol I had no idea there was a limit on either. Do you.... need 300 games installed at once? I like how the Switch lets you uninstall games and lets you keep the icon on your Home Menu, like Steam.

Pokemaniac

lol I had no idea there was a limit on either. Do you.... need 300 games installed at once? I like how the Switch lets you uninstall games and lets you keep the icon on your Home Menu, like Steam.

Well the limit is actually on the number of things the Home menu can display rather than the actual number of things installed, which makes it particularly pertinent for the Switch.

While I don't "need" 300 titles installed (not yet at least, I could plausibly run out of expendable stuff like demos to delete eventually), I like having all my purchases installed at all times, and it is very frustrating to have the space but not be able to use it. Like, my Wii U hard drive is only a bit under 25% full (it's 2TB for context).

Man, I wish Nintendo would mention when a game gets new DLC, both in the US PR (thanks EU) & on the eShop itself. I forgot Shovel Knight was up for Master Blaster Zero, & after going to the game via wish list (because it's the fastest way to actually find the damn thing), I still had to click "view all" for the DLC.

Also why the hell can't I organize by name or easily see what the hell is on sale?

Since the 3.0.0 OS update the options screen for games now has Nintendo eShop as the first option, allowing you to jump in to get DLC easier.

Camjo-Z

Really tempted by Puzzle Adventure Blockle. Watched some gameplay vids and it seems like it could be a fun little puzzle game.

It's pretty good, up to World 4 now and while beating levels hasn't been tough the optional objectives have started to require some thought. Apparently there's also double the content I was expecting as a review says there are 80 Hard levels after you beat the main story for a total of 160.

TheMoon

Is that getting a physical release, maybe with 2 and 3?

nope

img_88975kjy6.jpg

tolkir

I have afraid of the price of this thing. You can buy on Steam a bundle with Syberia I & II for €14.99 without any kind of sale.
It's more expensive on PSN. €14.99 each one.

Right now, the price of this game on Amazon FR is €34.99. I hope it's a mistake.

jmizzal

I have afraid of the price of this thing. You can buy on Steam a bundle with Syberia I & II for €14.99 without any kind of sale.
It's more expensive on PSN. €14.99 each one.

Right now, the price of this game on Amazon FR is €34.99. I hope it's a mistake.

Yea this should be at most $19.99

I could see Syberia 3 having a premium price, but no way should they over charge for 1 and 2

deadfolk

It's pretty good, up to World 4 now and while beating levels hasn't been tough the optional objectives have started to require some thought. Apparently there's also double the content I was expecting as a review says there are 80 Hard levels after you beat the main story for a total of 160.

Nice - thanks for the impressions!

tolkir

TBF, Drinkbox never spoke about it either, so this is on them too.

Nothing can't stop my anger. But yes, you're right.

Greetings Nintendo (Shibata),

Until february of this year, we got weekly PRs about eShop releases to know the releases and sales of the week the mondays. Since Switch's launch, same PR was changed to thursdays, after the eShop update itself.
I was wondering these months why it was that....

Mudd

Got a news on my Switch, it seems that Graceful Explosion Machine is being discounted of 30% on the eShop. The sales will last until 15 August.

Anyone who didn't buy it yet should really do it now!

Right out of nowhere

https://youtu.be/-ygx4zaMhkk

Severed is out on Switch, today (?)
The way it was released is just so silly tbh. I am one of those who miss PR Mondays too.
But, the game is really awesome. Played it on Wii U and it was really atmospheric and just great to play.

chronomac

Smart choice to port a smash style game to the smash machine xD

Oh yeah. Unless Smash actually gets announced at Gamescom (super unlikely) or the World Championships (more likely than Gamescom but still kinda unlikely), this is going to sell really well.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Got a news on my Switch, it seems that Graceful Explosion Machine is being discounted of 30% on the eShop. The sales will last until 15 August.

The way it was released is just so silly tbh. I am one of those who miss PR Mondays too.
But, the game is really awesome. Played it on Wii U and it was really atmospheric and just great to play.

Ah what?! I just bought GEM three days ago!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

I need to get back into this. I was top 50 on many and even broke top 10 one stage for WW leaderboards. I got distracted by other stuff though.

BooJoh

Severed shows Tabletop Mode and Handheld Mode, only mentions touch controls in the eShop description. While it doesn't have the notes about only supporting handheld and touch like VOEZ, it lacks the TV Mode icon so I'm thinking it's touch-only.

TheMoon

Severed shows Tabletop Mode and Handheld Mode, only mentions touch controls in the eShop description. While it doesn't have the notes about only supporting handheld and touch like VOEZ, it lacks the TV Mode icon so I'm thinking it's touch-only.

The game is impossible to play with buttons and sticks.

BooJoh

The game is impossible to play with buttons and sticks.

The trailer showed a cursor-like hand in a couple parts so I wasn't sure if they tried a TomorrowCorp style Motion Pointer, though having played Severed on 3DS that would be really hard to use.

TheMoon

The trailer showed a cursor-like hand in a couple parts so I wasn't sure if they tried a TomorrowCorp style Motion Pointer, though having played Severed on 3DS that would be really hard to use.

Wasn't that in the normal game for when you look at stuff or am I imagining this?

Either way, people should play this on 3DS (it's cross-buy with Wii U, btw). Way better there due to the dual screen format.

I've heard of Severed but never saw any footage of it.

Because of this surprise Switch release I gave it a look and it's something I wouldn't mind playing so I purchased it.

Can't really give any impressions since I JUST started.

Also, there are achievements. 26 of them.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Has anyone played Rocket Fist? I watched a video on YT and it looked pretty... uh, I dunno, basic. I guess like Bomberman. The guys I was watching playing didn't seem to have much strategy, just spamming the button to try and shoot and mostly missing each other.

Arthos

I've heard of Severed but never saw any footage of it.

Because of this surprise Switch release I gave it a look and it's something I wouldn't mind playing so I purchased it.

Can't really give any impressions since I JUST started.

Also, there are achievements. 26 of them.

I knew nothing about it except that it was made by the people who made Blobs and Guacamelee. I really only played the former but decided to just buy Severed on a whim back on the Vita.

It's a fun adventure. You can complete everything in 8-10 hours but it's a great experience. I was hooked.

Enjoy it. :)

BTA

I loved Severed on the Vita. I'd imagine the 3DS version might have benefits gameplay-wise since using a stylus probably helps; there were some fights where I had to take breaks because my fingers hurt from sliding them on the screen so much. It was still great there, though, and I can't see the Switch version being any worse.

Side note: I was in an Apple store the other day to get my phone checked out; it was really weird to realize while waiting that the iPads they have out have Severed as one of the preloaded apps. I guess it's cool to see it be promoted like that there, considering it wasn't iOS first?

Mudd

Is anyone picking Ironcast? The gameplay looks very intriguing and deep and the art-style is on point.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I loved Severed on the Vita. I'd imagine the 3DS version might have benefits gameplay-wise since using a stylus probably helps; there were some fights where I had to take breaks because my fingers hurt from sliding them on the screen so much. It was still great there, though, and I can't see the Switch version being any worse.

Side note: I was in an Apple store the other day to get my phone checked out; it was really weird to realize while waiting that the iPads they have out have Severed as one of the preloaded apps. I guess it's cool to see it be promoted like that there, considering it wasn't iOS first?
Came out same time as Wii U version, 5 months after Vita.

TheMoon

I loved Severed on the Vita. I'd imagine the 3DS version might have benefits gameplay-wise since using a stylus probably helps;

the 3DS version is superior because of the two screens, having the map always in view is something I never want to give up for this game. also, yea, stylus.

Robin64

GameCube games coming to Switch?

http://www.nintendo.nl/Zoeken/Zoeken-299117.html?q=&faf=GAME

(Probably not. I saw it on Reddit but don't know how they got to this page. The "Upcoming Games" page matches the UK one, no Cube stuff.)

Edit2: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Search/Search-299117.html?search=*&q=&faf=*

Edit3: My personal thought on the matter is that it's a database error and these particular entries were never properly assigned to where/when/what they should be, so show up in this catch-all search.

Edit4: The guy swears blind they only appeared today.

TheMoon

No, please don't get anyone's hopes up.

https://twitter.com/Chocobalt/status/895273716728201216
@Chocobalt 9m9 minutes ago
Ollie Brandt Retweeted Daniel Vuckovic
I spent over an hour investigating this. It's a dead end. No evidence of GC games coming to VC/Switch. I wish there was though.

@VOOK64
We already looked into these GameCube games on Nintendo's EU sites... they have been there since at least June.

There have always been GCN games in the database. Just think about it for a second. Tony Hawk and a Narnia game. And Doshin the freaking Giant.

It's not happening (now).

Robin64

That's why I said likely a database error, but the guy who made the post insists they only appeared today as he "runs a website that uses that database every day".

But yes, Tony Hawks isn't happening ever, even if GameCube does.

Top Bottom