• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuck video games, man.

Durden77

I love them so much, they have been a huge part of my life. I had a shitty childhood in a lot of ways, and my solice in video games has always been what pushed me through.

But now, I'm older. And I'm not even that old, I'm 28. But finding time for video games, these things I truly love, between my responsibilities, it's fucking hard.

This leads to me being pissed at myself for not playing certain games as much as I should. But even if I had the time, would they be as good?

I dunno, not even gonna lie at all, I'm drunk. But fuck man. I love video games so god damned much. I love you gaf.

Painguy

"Fuck video games"

immediately followed by

"I love video games"

That's neogaf all right

MtZ9N.gif

I love them so much, they have been a huge part of my life. I had a horrible childhood in a lot of ways, and my solice in video games has always been what pushed me through.

But now, I'm older. And I'm not even that old, I'm 28. But finding time for video games, these things I truly love, between my responsibilities, it's fucking hard.

This leads to me being pissed at myself for not playing certain games as much as I should. But even if I had the time, would they be as good?

I dunno, not even gonna lie at all, I'm drunk. But fuck man. I love video games so god damned much. I love you gaf.

Hey OP, I love you too.

Drink a bunch of water because it's delicious and then have some good dreams. You my pal.

Greedings

Jesus, I'm 28, and I am not old. Fuck you!

I don't have much time for games either, get a Switch, I'm playing so much more than I used to because I can squeeze 30 mins here and there that I couldn't with anything else.

KevinG

Same boat.

28. Dad to a 3 year old daughter and a 1 year old son. Husband. Full time job.

I buy buy buy, but rarely get to play play play.

If a game is good enough, I WILL find the time. BOTW was the last time this occurred.

ISee

Gaming Life in a nutshell:

Age 6-25: All those amazing games, I wish I could afford all of them.

Age 26-50: I can afford all those amazing games, but I have no time to play them

Age 51+(*): Modern games are shit and the youth doesn't understand what's good anymore. Let me play my GameBoy. Oh shit the display is awefull.

(*) Age 35 on Neogaf.

Same boat.

28. Dad to a 3 year old daughter and a 1 year old son. Husband. Full time job.

I buy buy buy, but rarely get to play play play.

If a game is good enough, I WILL find the time. BOTW was the last time this occurred.
At least you're hoarding a trove to indoctrine your kids.

aravuus

Age 26-50: I can afford all those amazing games, but I have no time to play them

Age 51+(*): Modern games are shit and the youth doesn't understand what's good anymore. Let me play my GameBoy. Oh shit the display is awefull.

(*) Age 35 on Neogaf.

Shit, I'll be 26 in a few months

Alebelly

(*) Age 35 on Neogaf.

Old people matter (just not their opinions)

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Hey, now. I'm about to turn 43 on 11/11. A significant portion of my life is still dedicated to the passion that was ignited when my parents bought me an Atari 2600. Don't give up now, brother/sister!

Joey Ravn

Banned
Isn't there a "no swearing in titles rule"? Drunk or not, you should follow the rules.

Rules are what make everything work. Are you trying to destroy the fabric of society, OP?

Speely

Banned
I know what you're going through, OP. Big hugs.

Advice: play more indies. Much cheaper, generally shorter, and lots of awesome games. No need to commit yourself to huge time sinks every day.

Nephtes

(*) Age 35 on Neogaf.

It's like you have a window into my life. 😦

J@hranimo

Banned
I feel you OP. I wanna play more games, but they cost money

And to make said money, I gotta work to buy said games but that takes up my time, not including other social activities.

It's a drag. Maybe take some time off and have a staycation where you can binge a game or two?

Yep, I look at The Last Night and realize the mentality behind it is fucked...fuck video games.

Also, don’t have children OP (if you don’t already have one).

You think you don’t have time for gaming now?

LMAO

When you get old (28 is not old..) you’ll just have to manage your time. Compartmentalism is the name of the game. Learn to manage and you’ll still be able to enjoy.

Stygr

Banned
22 here.
Full time job 8h/days
University student i have to study 3/4 hours a day
I bought all consoles and gaming PC.
And i can barely finish one game in 2 months.
My Switch has 4 games, i didnt finish Zelda in 5 months, the other 3 games are still in Amazon package.

I love them so much, they have been a huge part of my life. I had a shitty childhood in a lot of ways, and my solice in video games has always been what pushed me through.

Yeah its a time eating hobby for sure, of course there are more important things on earth than viedogames, so you have to set priorities. Even if its frustrating sometimes.

All in all you dont need to be impatient, in the end you will always find your time for your favourite hobby.

Cheers

xviper

just organize your time

we all have responsibilities and cannot play video games all day long like we used to

you can't play all the game, even if you have the money, you probably won't have the time

play what you think looks very interesting, don't just play every game that gets overhyped, especially in Gaf, those guys overhype some games that i would describe as the worst i have ever played

Play shorter games.
Don't try to play all the games.
And especially don't try to play all the games, by buying all the games and let them collect dust.

Problem solved.

Top Bottom