• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Strain S4 |OT| ZaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAACH

Zack is just using the master, and I hope the master doesn't know it because the master deserves whatever Zack does to him.

Great. Another fetch quest. Even on tv shows we are faced with benign quests lol.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
OMG, love the scene where the lady is ranting about "who the hell would be stupid enough to help them set off a nuke" and the guy's like -_-

Koriandrr

I'm a big fan of the books and the only reason I'm still watching the show is because I need to see how it ends. There is still hope they might end it well. And Quinlan is still going stronk.

The episodes so far are OKAY, but nothing major's happening yet, are they gonna kick us with all the action in the last 3 eps deal?

I've stuck with this show because I didn't actually think it was bad at all, and even now, the show is still entertaining. But Zack ascended to a higher level of what the fuckery in season 2, then again in season 3, and now he's achieved god level what the fuckery in this final season. He's the worst character in any show I've watched, and has been really hampering my enjoyment of The Stain. I actually think I hate Zack more than Joffrey.

Fuck. Off. Zack.

Somebody needs to cockblock him asap. The dude doesn't need to get laid or even a kiss.

WHAT KIND OF SHITHEAD INDEED.

Yep. He really is the worst.

Zack doesn't deserve to be the Master's apprentice.

Are there other supernatural creatures in the books? Should I give up hope on Zack being eaten by a werewolf?

OMG, love the scene where the lady is ranting about "who the hell would be stupid enough to help them set off a nuke" and the guy's like -_-

Yeah, I loved that. He didn't even try to defend him. Hilarious.

I love how we all hate Zack lol. Pretty good episode. Really curious to see if the ending will be the same as the books.

Kilvin

New episode tonight!

That last part of the description...I swear they're just trolling the audience at this point.

My Tivo displayed the description as, I kid you not,

"Quinlan and Fet discover that stealing a nuclear warhead isn't easy when they encounter an unexpected enemy. Also: Eph and Alex concoct a new weapon to use against the strigoi and Zack..."

I was leaping for joy and then I watched the episode 😥

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
My Tivo displayed the description as, I kid you not,

"Quinlan and Fet discover that stealing a nuclear warhead isn't easy when they encounter an unexpected enemy. Also: Eph and Alex concoct a new weapon to use against the strigoi and Zack..."

I was leaping for joy and then I watched the episode 😥

lol

Lorcain

Eichorst must think the Master has lost his f'ng mind choosing Zach as his apprentice. They should start showing him doing rolly eyes every time the Master says something like "Zach has a dark potential in him"...

Also, that whole scene where the Master convinces Zach that he will lose the girl without his nice crib and free food was hilarious. It was like a sitcom dad working his goofy teenage son. The Master should've thrown him off the balcony. Eichorst, find me another dark apprentice! I don't know what the hell I was thinking.

Yeah Eichorst is literally triggered because Muh Master is choosing that little shit stain over him. Eichorst is banking on Goodweather to keep fucking up The Master's operations imo.

Sir Doom

Rhonda Mitra looks like Dutch's sister

I see redemption Zack plot incoming. When the Master finally needs to transfer his body to Zach (Maybe after Eichrost betrayal), Zach will deny him

Yeah head shot for Quinn " because I said I would"

Good episode

I want him to deny the Master and then have his throat torn out as the girl he's trying to finesse walks in and starts kissing the Master.

They both look down at him as the last shred of life leaves his body and the master shifts into his mom again and says I always hated you and spits in his face.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I want him to deny the Master and then have his throat torn out as the girl he's trying to finesse walks in and starts kissing the Master.

They both look down at him as the last shred of life leaves his body and the master shifts into his mom again and says I always hated you and spits in his face.

WOW

I miss the antics of drunk Eph and "I'll get you next time!" Eichorst.

Why was Eph surprised that the tankers were full of blood. Don't they literally go in and out of a blood "donation" building?

Hoping they don't do the whole "it was the white making Zack act like even more of a shit head"

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

New Horizons

Dutch is forced to make a deal with Desai while she plots to escape a strigoi breeding facility. Also: Eph and Alex try to unearth secrets of the Partnership's new plan but face consequences of their last attack and Gus and Creem face off against a gang encroaching on their turf.

Damn man.... I missed last night's episode because I had a wedding to tend to. J/k I enjoyed the wedding more. How was it? What did Zack do? I swear..... If Zack ruined my wedding experience without me knowing..... Well, of course he did lol.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Damn man.... I missed last night's episode because I had a wedding to tend to. J/k I enjoyed the wedding more. How was it? What did Zack do? I swear..... If Zack ruined my wedding experience without me knowing..... Well, of course he did lol.

Zack wasn't in tonight's episode.

raindoc

oh my god this is so dull
I stopped watching halfway through e1 of this season... I dunno... so much wasted b-movie-tier potential. the novels started interesting and then degraded into more and more pulp - which i hoped the tv series would celebrate. mexican wrestler ripping off vampire heads, ancient roman vampire-hunting vampire, nukes, (huuuuuuuuge book spoilers:)
fallen angels
and shit.
but dull is the best word to describe this show. meh.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I stopped watching halfway through e1 of this season... I dunno... so much wasted b-movie-tier potential. the novels started interesting and then degraded into more and more pulp - which i hoped the tv series would celebrate. mexican wrestler ripping off vampire heads, ancient roman vampire-hunting vampire, nukes, (huuuuuuuuge book spoilers:)
fallen angels
and shit.
but dull is the best word to describe this show. meh.

Episode 4 mostly focused on the c-section of one of the d list characters as a way of letting Dutch in on something we as the audience found out about way back in the season 2 finale. So.

IronRinn

Catching up from last night.

Open scene with Eichhorst was good (he gets a lot of the better scenes, really).

Oh look, Dutch has been threatened with sexual violence. Again.

Dirty post-apocalyptic cops!

Oh look, someone implied that Dutch is a whore. Again.

And out into the processing plant. Which we saw forever ago.

Standard fare for this show by now.

someday

Banned
I'm really patient with this show and typically enjoy it regardless. Not so much with this latest episode. Absolutely boring as fuck. It's the final, shortened season, why are we watching Gus and Creem having gang warfare with former cops? Shouldn't the vampires be the entire focus? How many episodes are left anyway?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm really patient with this show and typically enjoy it regardless. Not so much with this latest episode. Absolutely boring as fuck. It's the final, shortened season, why are we watching Gus and Creem having gang warfare with former cops? Shouldn't the vampires be the entire focus? How many episodes are left anyway?

6. There are 10 episodes this season, same as last.

Yeah, this is me as well. I just finished watching last night's episode and it's the worst of the season so far.

I don't remember hating Zack this much in the books. I recently caught up with the show, and starting with season 2 on, basically all he does is angrily look at people and be a little asshole.

Applebite

So I watched like the first 5 episodes of this show when it first came out, thought "Man, this is awful" and dropped it, and uhh.. Going by this thread, this show sure went places.

So I just finished season 3. Talk about jumping the shark. This show devolved into fuckery so fast.

Also fuck Zack. Fuck his stupid decision making. Fuck his blatant lack of awareness. Fuck Zack.

At this point the only character I am interested in is Quinlan.

+1

big ander

lmao how is this the last season. So boring and inconsequential. Gus fights a gang and Dutch for some reason doesn't realize they're being farmed for blood and the idiotic radicals eph runs into die, so what.

Top Bottom