• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2017 Week 4 |OT| "We were in a nickel. But with injuries, we didn’t have a dime."

I'm not sure how much alcohol it's going to take to get through the Kentucky game on Saturday.

I should probably just take a shot every time there's a punt.

By Kentucky?

We ain't punting. Kentucky makes all our offenses look all-world.

UF 31-17

2 picks for UF and possibly another defensive TD.

ErGMjEI.gif

Oof.

By Kentucky?

We ain't punting. Kentucky makes all our offenses look all-world.

UF 31-17

2 picks for UF and possibly another defensive TD.

Have you SEEN UF play offense? Even Irma took offense to it.

Oh I've seen it. Minus last couple of years Kentucky just sort of lets us do whatever we want. We will have at least 3 offensive TDs and probably a defensive one too. Kentucky will never beat us. Ever.

You seem to be under the delusion that UF 2017 is in better shape than UF of the last couple of years.

Not saying y'all are gonna lose, but...y'all might struggle, fam.

This year is the first time ever that I feel like Kentucky is a trap game but I'm still not all that worried.

I'm worried as fuck. Our offense is awful and we have no business being favored in this game. Defense plays like heroes but they will get tired again, and give up a big score or two, again.

It's not going to be good.

You seem to be under the delusion that UF 2017 is in better shape than UF of the last couple of years.

Not saying y'all are gonna lose, but...y'all might struggle, fam.

It's not a delusion. We don't have Treon Harris or Luke Del Rio as QB so we are in better shape. Still bad but in better shape.

The streak has to end at some point and it may as well be the year Florida has zero offense.

Won't make a difference. Had pretty much zero offense since 2009 and still beat them.

Purdue over Michigan folks

You heard it here first.

My Boilermakers are going to take it to Michigan

Michigan is a barely better version of Florida. This could actually happen.

It's not a delusion. We don't have Treon Harris or Luke Del Rio as QB so we are in better shape. Still bad but in better shape.

Won't make a difference. Had pretty much zero offense since 2009 and still beat them.

Yeah, you haven't actually watched these games this year. No way, no how.

Didn't realize Bama/Vandy was a 230 kickoff. I'd wish Bama/Ole Miss was at that time too, but it was last year and still felt like it lasted like five hours. Ugh.

Still have no idea why this game is a thing lmao

"13th data point"

But its stupid because this is a human committee, not a computer that actually gives value to beating the same opponent twice. If Oklahoma played the CCG last season and beat OSU for the 2nd time, they still wouldn't have gotten in the playoffs. The game is pointless and can only further hurt a Big 12 team's already slim chances of making the playoff is all I'm saying

"13th data point"

But its stupid because this is a human committee, not a computer that actually gives value to beating the same opponent twice. If Oklahoma played the CCG last season and beat OSU for the 2nd time, they still wouldn't have gotten in the playoffs. The game is pointless and can only further hurt a Big 12 team's already slim chances of making the playoff is all I'm saying

Bingo.

Any team playing each other back to back would be wild hilarious. Imagine enough chaos breaking that a one-loss Georgia made the playoffs after losing the SEC cc game to Alabama. Would they enter ranked fourth and have to face Alabama, or would the committee switch things around to avoid them having back-to-back games (albeit, 3 weeks apart)?

FyreWulff

Happened with UCLA-Stanford in 2012. Played each other to end the regular season, then rematched the next week in the PAC 12 championship game.

andycapps

Purdue beating Michigan would be glorious. It will never happen though.
Purdue might beat one of the top teams in the league this year. I don't think Michigan is one of the top teams in the league, at least not the top two, but I think it's possible. They have a fun offense.

Purdue might beat one of the top teams in the league this year. I don't think Michigan is one of the top teams in the league, at least not the top two, but I think it's possible. They have a fun offense.

Michigan...well, "stinks" is harsh.

But they're not a top tier team. I don't think they have been during Harbaugh's tenure yet tbh.

Karl2177

Dope Eddie Lacy article

He's always been one of my favorite former Bama players. Roll Tide, Eddie.
Supposedly he had the weight requirements with the Packers also, they were just a bit more lax about it. Regardless, the Lacy play that stands out in my head is one where he broke free and was on course to score on an 80-ish yard run, but became gassed after about 50 yards and was tackled around the 10 by a linebacker. I get that weight is a huge issue and definitely more important than football, but his time in the league will be cut short unless he continues to watch it.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
He has a point on Bettis not getting this sort of flack. Bettis longest run of 71 yards came in his rookie season, and from then on he usual longest runs were in the 35-40 range.

Lacy was never the home run threat, unless the wall was 30 yards away.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
He has a point on Bettis not getting this sort of flack. Bettis longest run of 71 yards came in his rookie season, and from then on he usual longest runs were in the 35-40 range.

Lacy was never the home run threat, unless the wall was 30 yards away.

Lacy's weight criticism really ramped up when his production on the field dropped. Bettis had about as many yards in season 9 as Lacy had in seasons 3 and 4 combined, and that was Bettis' 7th largest rushing total.

Run for 1,000+ yards again and people will find his weight endearing, just like people did with Bettis.

cdyhybrid

Lacy's weight criticism really ramped up when his production on the field dropped. Bettis had about as many yards in season 9 as Lacy had in seasons 3 and 4 combined, and that was Bettis' 7th largest rushing total.

Run for 1,000+ yards again and people will find his weight endearing, just like people did with Bettis.
To be fair, Lacy was battling injuries and missed a bunch of games.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair, Lacy was battling injuries and missed a bunch of games.

No doubt, but the numbers are the numbers. You get less flack for being 240 and running for 1,000+ than you do for being 260+ and not producing (through injury or otherwise).

It falls a bit flat to me when you say you "don't get it" when comparing the difference in fan reception between his last 2 seasons and a Hall of Famer's career.

It didn't read as the nigga looking for sympathy or waving away his drop in production during his later years with Green Bay, but it's weird as hell that some of y'all's reaction to it is "you're getting paid millions, why should I care about your struggles?"

His body doesn't stop doing what it's trying to do just because he's getting paid to fight it, especially when he's been battling injuries on top of that. And I'm sure being successful doesn't preclude him from being hurt when he catches an earful about how fat he is in all walks of life, no matter how hard he's working to get in shape and stay there.

But "ugh, he's just rich and lazy, quit crying and run the football", I guess.

Weird.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
some of y'all's reaction to it is "you're getting paid millions, why should I care about your struggles?"

Not sure if you're lumping me in here or not but I wasn't intending my posts to have that tone at all, I just take issue with the "I don't get why I'm criticized and he wasn't" part of it. It's pretty obvious IMO why he gets more flack for his weight than Bettis did.

Top Bottom