• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS4 OS Images Surface

FDC1

There are definitely some new ones, take a look at the full set. I'm pretty sure we hadn't seen the mobile interface yet.

9354418206_1c4073e272_z.jpg

Totalt?

dcx4610

9354418206_1c4073e272_z.jpg

My friends list is going to look just like that!

Seriously now. I know it's marketing and what not but this makes me gag. Does Sony really think gamers look like that?

The messages tab is killing me. Sarah Greene, Brian Ramos, and Will Walker spend their friday nights loving the shit out of PS4.

Not sure what to think of it yet. It definitely looks like it needs a lot more work on it. Some of those are very busy looking with no focus.

4zzHeNg.jpg

ethomaz

Banned

Seriously now. I know it's marketing and what not but this makes me gag. Does Sony really think gamers look like that?
Well my Facebook friends puts bullshots too... I knew them in real life and they looks no near the profile picture posted in Facebook lol

So I guess the people complaining about colours have never used a UI in which you can customise the backgrounds. Always put cool wallpapers for the backgrounds. One of the best things about the XMB was its customisation, form animated wallpapers to the icons and sound.

Those are old except for a few new location shots but still old. I was expecting to see a new part of the UI. We really need a video of the full interface.

Blanquito

In each of the first two pictures, there is a row of icons above the main area of focus. One of the picture's rows is full of games (Journey is one of them). Makes me think there is still another layer of UI... (and also if Journey is coming to PS4?)

Edit: Vire's screenshot below is exactly what I'm talking about.

aly

Umm a lot of my friends look like that actually. I didn't know there was a particular look gamers had.

Raymo

Not sure what to think of it yet. It definitely looks like it needs a lot more work on it. Some of those are very busy looking with no focus.

4zzHeNg.jpg

I think that's suppose to be a newsfeed. Looks like Pinterest, which is extremely popular.

I think the UI is fine. People complaining about the blue background can change the blue background. Complain about something more substantial.

Bgamer90

Banned
So I guess the people complaining about colours have never used a UI in which you can customise the backgrounds. Always put cool wallpapers for the backgrounds. One of the best things about the XMB was its customisation, form animated wallpapers to the icons and sound.

That's not it -- just replying based on what I see.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
This mismash of tile sizes is horrible. Same garbage as the new PSN store.
playstation-4_2013_076yuc5.png

Looks terrible and difficult to navigate.

J0aRiDrAN

Neo Member
playstation-4_2013_076yuc5.png

WILL COMBAT PLANE 2 AND BIG PUZZLE BE PLAYABLE AT GAMESCOM?!?

In all seriousness, looks pretty good... i've gotten attached to the XMB, but change is a good thing, i suppose

So is PS+ going to be integrated with Facebook anyway? Social and sharing is great but unless it has Facebook integration it doesn't really matter and most people won't use it.

Top Bottom