• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

ZBkItRq.gif

Koozek

Okay, I gotta revisit Summertime. Always thought it was good, but somehow never bumped it much. Norf Norf's beat is disgusting, whew.

It's different, I definitely liked it but I'm not sure how I feel about it as a title track, gonna have to wait for the actual album to judge that.

I put my bets on Big Fish Theory being album of then year so I hope it delivers.
Okay, I gotta revisit Summertime. Always thought it was good, but somehow never bumped it much. Norf Norf's beat is disgusting, whew.
Lift Me Up and Jump off The Roof>>>>>>>>

HiResDes

It's a decent track but my expectations for Vince are kind of ridiculous at this point and I was hoping for a return to a grimier sound

New Lil Yachty track,
if anyone cares.

The Vince track is really nice, the Juicy J sample pretty much sells it for me. I hope the rest of the album keeps with that more "experimental" electronic beat selection. I think James Blake is going to contribute some more production to the album so that's going to be nice.

In addition, Vince said on Beats 1 that Gorillaz, Flume, SOPHIE, Kendrick Lamar, Kilo Kish, ASAP Rocky, Bon Iver and Ray J would make appearances but I'm going to guess the "Kendrick Lamar", "Bon Iver", and "Ray J" name drops are him just fucking with us.

Also, T-Pain just dropped T-Wayne,
that collaborative album he had with Wayne all those years ago.

Vince is good. I sorta agree with Des that it's hard cause he's going to a more polished sound and I was hoping for the opposite tbh. I still like it.

The T-Wayne I was prepared to hate, but since it's free and good I'm enjoying it lol.

overcast

logic's "everybody" (the song) sounds like a kendrick song and all of y'all already suck off kendrick for his "innovative" music
Come on now.

Although do you guys remember that song that sounded like Sing About Me that Logic dropped right after GKMC? Kings always have their followers 👏🏻
New Vince Staples and Danger Mouse x RTJ and Big Boi.

Today has been a good day

Vince Staples - Big Fish

EDIT: Big Fish Theory is out June 23rd.
Yeah this song is fucking great.
It's a decent track but my expectations for Vince are kind of ridiculous at this point and I was hoping for a return to a grimier sound
Eh I think the grimy sound will come. At the same time it seems like a lot more of an electronically focused album based off the singles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom